ADVERTISEMENT

RAGBRAI announces new biking event in eastern Iowa

Sorry to burst your bubble that your average fella. Why don't you buy a decent bike so you don't have to be "that guy" that uses his 90's mountain bike as his excuse for why he's slower than everyone else? It's lame.

I use it only for gravel at this point or limestone trails. I have a Cannondale hybrid for the paved roads. Road bikes are for pussies.

I dont believe for a second you just bike once in a while and can hop on and just cut 60 on a gravel road at over 14 MPH.

I use it only for gravel at this point or limestone trails. I have a Cannondale hybrid for the paved roads. Road bikes are for pussies.

I dont believe for a second you just bike once in a while and can hop on and just cut 60 on a gravel road at over 14 MPH.

That's because I don't ride everyone once in a while, I'm more 4-6 times a week. Road, singletrack, gravel, trail...it's all good. Can't wait to hit the fresh snow on the gravel back roads on the fat bike. That said, I won't be anywhere near 15mph tonight.

That's because I don't ride everyone once in a while, I'm more 4-6 times a week. Road, singletrack, gravel, trail...it's all good. Can't wait to hit the fresh snow on the gravel back roads on the fat bike. That said, I won't be anywhere near 15mph tonight.

I have been doing the trainer since November. Really been hitting it since new years 4-5 times a week. I finally got a swim in last weekend. I generally watch sports or listen to music. It takes some getting used to for sure, but I think it will provide me a lot better base for this season and I should be able to cut my times

Just park at Cedar Lake and ride to Urbana and back on the CVNT. You can do it for free.
You could do this ride for free, you will not get the hat but BFD.

The bars are going to not take your money?
Going to kick you off public trails?

It’s a money grab by the Register and that’s all you need to know. Stick “ragbrai” on it and a few dumbasses will write blank checks.

I need to ride that trail...mostly come that direction for the Fool's Ride.

Between Dysart and Garrison you will often see no one. Its pretty rough in some spots. Not as smooth as the CVNT North of Center Point. Last time I rode there was a rotting deer on it

You ever had a deer close call? I did right by Robbins.

Between Dysart and Garrison you will often see no one. Its pretty rough in some spots. Not as smooth as the CVNT North of Center Point. Last time I rode there was a rotting deer on it

You ever had a deer close call? I did right by Robbins.

I wish I had my GoPro all the time...had multiple close calls particularly on single track. Wish I ran cams most of the time though because of the bald eagles. Seriously, they're f'ing amazing. Granted, I grew up in an era when bald eagles were endangered so just their existence is really cool. But now - I ride so many backroads that swooping down and pulling a rabbit out of the corn field is almost ordinary. But it's not. Still amazing. I even let it slow me down some time to just sit and watch and let my Strava go sub-15mph on my fat. ;-)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT