Ratchet belts

QChawks

HB King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
Best thing since sliced bread

trakline.jpg

Reactions: Rustys Dad
I've never owned one. Are they pretty much one size fits all? If so, isn't there too much overlap when tightened around a typical non-fatty HROT waste?

I had one a few years ago and it felt like it weighed 5 pounds.... hated that. Have they improved?

I've never owned one. Are they pretty much one size fits all? If so, isn't there too much overlap when tightened around a typical non-fatty HROT waste?

I was very skeptical at first, but they come extra long and you can cut it to avoid a lot of extra overlap.

What's nice is you can get a perfect fit and have to worry about adjusting hole sizes.

Reactions: MplsHawk
I like the crochet belts that stretch out and look like shit but I keep using because I am too lazy to go belt shopping.

I always get them too tight and before I know it, diarrhea...………. :confused::mad:

The belt and buckle apparatus come separate. You cut the belt down to the size you want it then clamp the buckle onto the belt.

I had one a few years ago and it felt like it weighed 5 pounds.... hated that. Have they improved?

The buckle portion of the belt may be slightly heavier than a regular belt but it's certainly not significant.

Reactions: MplsHawk
I like Grip 6 belts. Similar sort of concept very light weight.
https://grip6.com/collections/mens-classic-series-belt

Also the belts and buckles can be mixed and matched for different looks.
35.00 for a grip 6? Just pick this 4 pack up at Menards for half that price. You can use one for a belt and the rest on your significant other if she ( or he , damn PC police ) is will to participate in a little game of " over the road trucker and rest stop hostage."
images

Reactions: QChawks
They are fantastic. Love the Mission belts. You can get a very cool Hawkeye buckle as well.

Reactions: perk1729
Yes. But I have a couple traditional also.

I suppose you are going to tell me these are no good either?

knit-tie-today.jpg

That seems fine. I'm not a big fashion guy, but even I know that braided belts are waaaay out of style.

I assumed these were only for physically handicapped people that can’t use a real belt.

I’m usually not into jocularity, but I feel like the ability to use ratchet straps is a real test of manhood.

No offense, you seem like an otherwise swell person.
oh it is..and get a lot of shit for it. I can get them to work after a struggle and lot of F-bombs. I am also not very good at running the straps thru the correct spots I guess. I have thrown a lot of straps at my dad and uncles. good times at fight farm.

Best thing since sliced bread

trakline.jpg

I have three of them. They are great.

I have three because the last three years that I played in the World Amateur Golf Tournament, a belt was among the things in the goody bag they gave all the entrants. The first year it was black, the second year it was brown, both with a plain buckle, and this year is was braided with a buckle touting the tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT