ADVERTISEMENT

RB Ricky Parks commits to Utah

I'd be willing to bet he doesn't come close to reaching the numbers of Wisconsin's guys lately. I think he's elite but our OC is not

I would agree that Goodson does not reach the numbers of Taylor or some of the other Wisconsin running backs. I think it has more to do with scheme. Iowa likes to rotate their backs rather than continuing to pound with one running back. I think Goodson will have a very good year this year, but I do not expect Iowa to run him into the ground.

Reactions: owenhawk
tenor.gif

i know and I agree. We don’t know if Parks is even at that level - Iowa has had a few similar Ranked RB recruits prove not to be. What I do feel comfortable saying is that Goodson is going to be a very good, of not elite, Over the next few years.

AKA Brock? He was a 4 star back and picked who again? (;-) not sure on his speed but Iowa needs more speedy backs that at anytime they touch the ball they have the ability to take it to the house ... I only see 2 players and that’s IKM and Goodson, not sure about the 2 Williams guys though

Considering we offered a TE last week that Iowa has been talking to since December I’m sure there’s RB’s to be offered soon that Iowa has been in contact with.

Reactions: Easthawk36
It's puzzling for sure. Utah and the PAC don't get anywhere near the exposure the B1G, the SEC, or Clemson gets. The PAC-12 is sort of in limbo as in my mind it's a conference that's better than the G5 schools, but not really a true big boy like the aforementioned heavyweights. There's a reason they rarely make the final four, and when they do, get their butts handed to them.

The B1G may not win it all more than once or twice a decade, but it at least makes the playoffs more often than not, and is at least competitive a decent amount of the time.

i know and I agree. We don’t know if Parks is even at that level - Iowa has had a few similar Ranked RB recruits prove not to be. What I do feel comfortable saying is that Goodson is going to be a very good, of not elite, Over the next few years.

I can't even remember the last time a four-star RB panned out at Iowa. Was Albert Young a four-star? That's going back a decade and a half if so.

Fans like to speculate about the zone blocking scheme, quality of backs, etc., but I think the biggest issue the past decade has been the anemic passing game. After KOK left for the Dolphins, the passing game went to hell. No one respected the three yards and out of bounds aerial attack. So, yeah, you saw a lot of eight-man boxes and run blitzes. Stuff like that tends to stifle any run game.

Tyler Goodson is a stud. You saw what he was capable of at the end of last season when given a bigger role. Tyler will also have the advantage of a balanced offense. Iowa actually has playmakers at wide receiver that they haven't had since DJK/McNutt. It's odd how good Adam Robinson looked during that era, ain't it? Goodson > Robinson.

If there is actually a full season and he stays healthy, I would place a modest bet Goodson is north of 1,500 yards rushing this season.

AKA Brock? He was a 4 star back and picked who again? (;-) not sure on his speed but Iowa needs more speedy backs that at anytime they touch the ball they have the ability to take it to the house ... I only see 2 players and that’s IKM and Goodson, not sure about the 2 Williams guys though

No, I meant Iowa has brought in highly recruited RB's similar to Parks that haven't panned out and have had some lower ranked guys (Wadley, Robinson, etc.) that have contributed. Going strictly by what we saw last year, Goodson appears to be they most dynamic all-around back Iowa has had since Wegher (obviously we know what happened there). At this point, Iowa has Goodson at least the next 2 years. Losing Parks stinks but I am sure there are going to be a few other options in the pipeline over that time that hopefully will lead to one becoming the next Goodson.

Reactions: mooresville hawk
I can't even remember the last time a four-star RB panned out at Iowa. Was Albert Young a four-star? That's going back a decade and a half if so.

Fans like to speculate about the zone blocking scheme, quality of backs, etc., but I think the biggest issue the past decade has been the anemic passing game. After KOK left for the Dolphins, the passing game went to hell. No one respected the three yards and out of bounds aerial attack. So, yeah, you saw a lot of eight-man boxes and run blitzes. Stuff like that tends to stifle any run game.

Tyler Goodson is a stud. You saw what he was capable of at the end of last season when given a bigger role. Tyler will also have the advantage of a balanced offense. Iowa actually has playmakers at wide receiver that they haven't had since DJK/McNutt. It's odd how good Adam Robinson looked during that era, ain't it? Goodson > Robinson.

If there is actually a full season and he stays healthy, I would place a modest bet Goodson is north of 1,500 yards rushing this season.

Yeah, have they EVER had a 4 Star RB pan out? Was Wegher a 4 star? He had the makings of being that guy but obviously off-the-field killed him.

I agree on completely on Goodson. The huge upgrade on WR's and if LaPorta and other TE's continue as we think they will (and Petras is at least above-average), I think Goodson has a chance to have a couple of outstanding seasons.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Yeah, have they EVER had a 4 Star RB pan out? Was Wegher a 4 star? He had the makings of being that guy but obviously off-the-field killed him.

I agree on completely on Goodson. The huge upgrade on WR's and if LaPorta and other TE's continue as we think they will (and Petras is at least above-average), I think Goodson has a chance to have a couple of outstanding seasons.

I believer Wegher and Cooker were 4-stars. Not 100 percent on that.

Iowa will be fine at running back.

I think its their average of 6'7 320 OL that sets them apart..

Totally agree. I do think their backs are slightly better than ours and they do stick with giving one 75% of the carries. However, their line and run blocking scheme kicks our butt.

Cryclown fanatic is all fired up with Parks to Utah. Baby brother finally has a victory in the 2021 class lol

I felt like we had to lose this one. We have had incredible luck getting guys to commit for 2021.

Yes, one was 2-time all-conference and honorable mention all-America from Pro Football Focus with the other a walk-on for 2 years.

Both were rated high by pff. One a 91, the other an 85.

I believer Wegher and Cooker were 4-stars. Not 100 percent on that.

Iowa will be fine at running back.

For some reason I really thought Coker was a mid 3. BW I thought was a 4* but I could be off on that.

So you are saying Goodson is elite? What leads you to believe Parks will be better than any of our other running backs? Taylor was a three star running back by 247 going to Wisconsin. Was he considered elite when he signed with Wisconsin? Just trying to understand where you draw the line for a running back to be elite.
I could be an elite RB at wisconsin running behind their line. Not saying JT isn't elite, but they churn out big as OL too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT