ADVERTISEMENT

RBs going forward

Feb 25, 2008
Don't know if this will continue, but I had forgotten what Iowa's strategy had been by the 2nd half of the season last year, which was (at least when we had healthy RBs, plural......) to grind with guys like Williams and this year with Moulton..........and then bring in KJ in the 2nd half for the change of pace/burst of speed.

We saw the same thing today, and I gotta tell you, even with the opponent in mind, I think we're on to something with this.

None of our guys have shown that they are just true blue every down 4 qtr backs. They each have their faults and also do things well that separate themselves from the others.

So the strategy is to utilize each guy to their strengths while rotating them in a way that can keep them as fresh as possible.

I know some fans will be like "START KJ!!!" and honestly, I don't think we need to, or should. How you finish is just as important, if not more important than you you start, so as long as they feel comfortable letting Moulton and Williams wear on teams in the 1st half, who cares who starts.

KJ- 40%
KM- 30%
LW- 30%

Still feel Jaz would be a great fly sweep or jet motion guy. Almost switch him to "WR" if you catch my drift. He is undersized but runs physical so I'd like to see that physicalness against the secondary instead of the Dline.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT