ADVERTISEMENT

Reacher - Season 2

Just started episode 2 and we’ve got our eye candy. Serinda Swan as Karla Dixon.

MV5BN2UyY2VlOGEtMzA0YS00ZWNkLTlhZWEtOTRiZTRhYjExMDBlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzg3Nzk5MDI@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

CK4go7ZUsAARS4l.jpg
I find her boobs to be a bit too small and she’s not quite attractive. Jussayin.

It works because while he is 6’3, most other actors are relatively short and comparatively, he looks more like 6’6 to 6’7.
This. Has always been the case and still is from a filming perspective shorter humans are much easier to film and often better looking proportionality wise on film. Amazing how short many of your leading actors are…

I like it, but some of the military stuff bugs me, like when they took the enlisted person to the O-club. A bunch of officers aren't going to come at a senior enlisted like that. A few other nit-noid things, but I do like Alan as Reacher better than Cruise. Reminds me of the Rock in Walking Tall.

Reactions: JupiterHawk
I like it, but some of the military stuff bugs me, like when they took the enlisted person to the O-club. A bunch of officers aren't going to come at a senior enlisted like that. A few other nit-noid things, but I do like Alan as Reacher better than Cruise. Reminds me of the Rock in Walking Tall.
So, why not go to Brian Collins' funeral?

They’re supposed be smart detectives. A big wig from New Age died. He’s gonna have a funeral where everyone they want to see will gather. Seems like an easy place for them to get to the bottom of things.

Alan Ritchson is definitely not Mini-Me Cruise, that much is certain.
First, wood, but he's getting a little big... prolly steroids. He's "only" 6'3 in real life... Do you remember his American Idol audition? I recently heard he had auditioned and Paula had the hots for him which he played up... I remember that episode but had no clue it was him.

Regarding this season, I think the "no one messes with the Special Investigators" is a little cringe worthy but we're enjoying it.

Do you remember his American Idol audition? I recently heard he had auditioned and Paula had the hots for him which he played up... I remember that episode but had no clue it was him.
Crap! I totally forgot about that. I remember him as Aquaman from Smallville.

4754_medium.jpg

Regarding this season, I think the "no one messes with the Special Investigators" is a little cringe worthy but we're enjoying it.
I agree! It's corny once, but cringe worthy on constant repeat. ...and yet I still like the show. LOL

He was also Hank Hall in TITANS on HBO:

dc-titans-alan-ritchson-hank-hall-hawk.jpg

A guy came at him on a bike swing a chain and Reacher grand the chain and ripped him off the bike....get the fvch out of here with that bullshit

I thought the season got worse as it went along. It got a little too much like terminator where he walks into trouble and would have died 1,000 times without plot armor or being a robot. Not sure how I feel about a potential season 3.

I enjoyed the last episode for just how over-the-top it was. But kind of a letdown when they got to the final boss. Should have killed off the security guy from The Terminator 2 in episode 7 and the arms dealer in episode 8 or vice versa. The senator double cross was a nice touch.

Have they announced a season 3?
I know that if shows get a second season, they often shoot the third while they have everyone together so it’s cheaper.
They announced over the weekend that season 3 is going to be based on one of the books where Reacher works alone. That immediately prompted speculation over which book it will be.

Link

Reactions: TennNole17
I enjoyed the last episode for just how over-the-top it was. But kind of a letdown when they got to the final boss. Should have killed off the security guy from The Terminator 2 in episode 7 and the arms dealer in episode 8 or vice versa. The senator double cross was a nice touch.
I can’t believe Dixon turned out to be a mole. That was so out of character for her.

I don’t have Amazon but I see all the Reacher YouTube shorts.

I would love to watch all the episodes but I just don’t sit down and watch tv at except for live sports.

For me season 1 was so much better. It wasn't believable but you could see him wrecking a room full of prisoners when all they have are shanks. Same thing this season with the biker gang fight where there were not using guns to keep quiet. Kind of like Maximus in the gladiator pits. But to run around with people shooting at him with machine guns and what not and never getting taken out was silly.

Last edited:
Rickman is obviously a closer physical match to the Reacher in the books than Cruise, but he’s just a terrible actor. Granted, the material he’s working with isn’t exactly Shakespeare, but he’s just so wooden on screen.

Rickman is obviously a closer physical match to the Reacher in the books than Cruise, but he’s just a terrible actor. Granted, the material he’s working with isn’t exactly Shakespeare, but he’s just so wooden on screen.
I think he's perfectly cast. I think he's supposed to be wooden. Or at least, distant and brooding.

Reactions: cfbfan23
I think he's perfectly cast. I think he's supposed to be wooden. Or at least, distant and brooding.

From the script-writing all the way to the acting, the Jack Reacher series (both season 1 & 2) is awful and cringey. It's terrible.......pure trash.

Yet I still watch. And, shamefully, kind of enjoy. I'm guessing more of the same for season 3. Bring it on.

It's been a few years since I was into the book series, but there is a lot of suspension of disbelief that goes on with the books too, so the show has been pretty good in my mind. As others have said, Reacher is more believable as a character in the series than the movies.

From the script-writing all the way to the acting, the Jack Reacher series (both season 1 & 2) is awful and cringey. It's terrible.......pure trash.

Yet I still watch. And, shamefully, kind of enjoy. I'm guessing more of the same for season 3. Bring it on.
If you really want to feel bad about yourself watch Rebel Moon on Netflix. It is extremely well made and quite a good story. Unfortunately, it is wholly derivative of Star Wars (80%), Gladiator (5%), Game of Thrones (5%), Reacher (5%), and the Matrix (5%), mixed in with a bit of Russia invading Ukraine. I'm not sure there is an original plot point or line in the entire movie. But I shamefully enjoyed it.

Reactions: cfbfan23
For me season 1 was so much better. It wasn't believable but you could see him wrecking a room full of prisoners when all they have are shanks. Same thing this season with the biker gang fight where there were not using guns to keep quiet. Kind of like Maximus in the gladiator pits. But to run around with people shooting at him with machine guns and what not and never taking him out was silly.
Season 1 was a TON better. I watched the season 2 finale last night and it left me with the same thoughts as the other episodes, overrated. The supporting cast was nowhere near as good as the first season either. Finlay and Roscoe were nails in season 1.

Season 1 was a TON better. I watched the season 2 finale last night and it left me with the same thoughts as the other episodes, overrated. The supporting cast was nowhere near as good as the first season either. Finlay and Roscoe were nails in season 1.
I didn't share the Roscoe love that many have. I thought Finley was a great character. I also liked the informant.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT