ADVERTISEMENT

Reacher - Season 2

First, wood, but he's getting a little big... prolly steroids. He's "only" 6'3 in real life... Do you remember his American Idol audition? I recently heard he had auditioned and Paula had the hots for him which he played up... I remember that episode but had no clue it was him.

Regarding this season, I think the "no one messes with the Special Investigators" is a little cringe worthy but we're enjoying it.

Not steroids, that's an unfair assumption. He's spoken publicly about the effort he put into gaining 50 pounds of muscle after getting the part. Ritchson is from Navarre, FL, about 15 minutes from where I live.

Reactions: goldmom
It's been a few years since I was into the book series, but there is a lot of suspension of disbelief that goes on with the books too, so the show has been pretty good in my mind. As others have said, Reacher is more believable as a character in the series than the movies.
I guess I’m in a small minority in that I actually enjoyed Cruise as Reacher. There seems to be almost universal disdain for him playing that role, mostly because he’s so short. But Cruise is a much better actor than Ritchson and has a long track record as an action hero.

Reactions: desihawk
If you really want to feel bad about yourself watch Rebel Moon on Netflix. It is extremely well made and quite a good story. Unfortunately, it is wholly derivative of Star Wars (80%), Gladiator (5%), Game of Thrones (5%), Reacher (5%), and the Matrix (5%), mixed in with a bit of Russia invading Ukraine. I'm not sure there is an original plot point or line in the entire movie. But I shamefully enjoyed it.
I refuse to watch until the Directors cut is released.

I guess I’m in a small minority in that I actually enjoyed Cruise as Reacher. There seems to be almost universal disdain for him playing that role, mostly because he’s so short. But Cruise is a much better actor than Ritchson and has a long track record as an action hero.
I've seen both Cruise and Walburg in person... both are tiny. Ruined them as action heros for me.

I've been a fan of the Reacher books for a long time. The Reacher character is very much built on his size. Ritchson is a good 8 inches taller than Cruise, and Cruise doesn't even tower over average height women. Lee Child (author) wanted someone in the role who is more like the character, which Ritchson fits better, IMO. The Reacher character doesn't want to be an action hero. He's actually reluctant to be a hero at all, kind of like Denzel in the Equalizer movies.

I've been a fan of the Reacher books for a long time. The Reacher character is very much built on his size. Ritchson is a good 8 inches taller than Cruise, and Cruise doesn't even tower over average height women. Lee Child (author) wanted someone in the role who is more like the character, which Ritchson fits better, IMO. The Reacher character doesn't want to be an action hero. He's actually reluctant to be a hero at all, kind of like Denzel in the Equalizer movies.
I get that Reacher's size is an important part of the character. I just think Cruise gave more depth to the role. If you replace Cruise with Ritchson in, for example, the street fight scene, first of all you would expect that Ritchson would beat their asses. With Cruise you could see where the punks had a chance, until they didn't. Second, Ritchson wouldn't have been able to convey the same "I can't believe you guys are making me have to kick your asses" tone that made the scene so enjoyable.

As for Denzel, one of the reasons I like the Equalizer movies is because he doesn't appear at first glance to be a trained killer. He looks like just an ordinary guy right up until the moment he slices your jugular with your own credit card.

Its a fun action show. It is campy and corny, but it's fun. If it was a little more serious I'd like it more, but it's good for what it is.
You all ain't saying a guy can't hold on to a gurney with someone strapped in it dangling off the edge of a helicopter with one arm while fighting off a bad guy right :) It is what it is and I enjoyed it, exactly campy and corny.

Just finished it. So basically the Special Investigators are murderers without remorse.

NTTAWWT
they-drew-first-blood-not-me.gif

Not steroids, that's an unfair assumption. He's spoken publicly about the effort he put into gaining 50 pounds of muscle after getting the part. Ritchson is from Navarre, FL, about 15 minutes from where I live.
He takes TRT - he admitted that. Denied steroids. He is both freakin big and cut, can't believe he is only 6'2.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT