ADVERTISEMENT

Reading the Tea Leaves

After the string of recent offers for the 2020 class, where do the Hawks stand

#1 Target is Xavier Foster, crystal ball predictions are dated. He and his family are Hawk fans, hoping we get this young man. Inside presence we can use.

PF - with recent offers to Kiyron Powell, Max Murrell and Jaylon Gibson it is fairly obvious that Dawson Garcia and Jamari Sibley will not be Hawkeyes. If Foster is not a Hawk, I think Powell and Murrell would be a great tandem. Powell is a good shot blocker and can run. I like Murrell's inside/outside game.

PG - I still think Nigel Pack gets an offer, he and Powell play ball together. Still hoping for Desmond Polk. I think Terry and Beard are off the radar.

Wing - Really like Andre Jackson, great athlete. Would love to see him in our fast break offense. Still have a glimmer of hope but with Fran offering Greg Madsen from Minnesota and Kerwin Walton from Chicago who are both wing players, I wonder if Jackson has communicated something.

Based on the latest, a class of Foster, Powell, Madsen and Pack would be very good. Come on Xavier, get the ball rolling.[/QUOTE

More offers the last few days.

A Foster, Powell, Walton, Ulis class would be very athletic.

If Foster flies the coup, a Powell, Murrell, Walton, Ulis class would be very good. Looking forward to seeing who visits in August and September. Dominos could start falling then.

A lot of recent articles show recruits were are in the mix for saying very complimentary things about Iowa and the staff, but reading the so called tea leafs makes me feel we are not positioned all that well with a lot of them. Some tough competition for all of them and they seem to sound more excited about other programs IMO.

That being said, I think we have just a good a shot at Foster as anyone and hope we land him, but I get a real good vibe from the Andre Jackson articles. I know the two east coast teams (UConn and especially Syracuse) will be tough to beat but I just get a good feeling there is a good chance he'll be a Hawk based on what he has said for a while now. We'll see.

I think Powell seem very upbeat about Iowa's offer and plans to visit. Same goes for Ulis.

I see some of Cook in Powell's game but I think Powell is a better shot blocker and jumper.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT