ADVERTISEMENT

Real Woods to the Hawks!!

Just stopped by to see if the recruited over crowd was keeping that same energy. They’re not. Before anyone starts it’s a great pickup, a high AA/nc contender is something every team is after. I am not in the “recruited over” crowd. But some of the same people who have called Cael everything under the sun for bringing in transfers are now super excited (rightfully so). If you’re pissed PSU brings in transfers, be pissed now.

I personally don’t like it!! Hate to say it. It messes with the lineup. Henson is that good. However don’t see him beating woods yet!!! Unless he get to 33 he won’t make the line up but has more upside then all in the range from 141-157

Fortunately for me I’m not a division 1 athlete trying to win a starting spot.
Yeah, you're just an anonymous poster calling out a 19 year old for his lifestyle, whatever that means. It's not like Wyatt is going to jump on here and defend himself to you. If you're truly a Hawk fan, and you observed/heard something negative about a wrestler on the team, why even hint at it here? Let the coaches' handle it. Don't shit where you eat. Thing's like that are just better left unsaid.

Last edited:
I personally don’t like it!! Hate to say it. It messes with the lineup. Henson is that good. However don’t see him beating woods yet!!! Unless he get to 33 he won’t make the line up but has more upside then all in the range from 141-157
Kudos to you. If I recall correctly, you were bullish on Henson before the Woods pick-up. It’s nice to read that you stand by your word.

Just stopped by to see if the recruited over crowd was keeping that same energy. They’re not. Before anyone starts it’s a great pickup, a high AA/nc contender is something every team is after. I am not in the “recruited over” crowd. But some of the same people who have called Cael everything under the sun for bringing in transfers are now super excited (rightfully so). If you’re pissed PSU brings in transfers, be pissed now.
Um…….no. That’s not really how it works Einstein. You see, I dislike PSU very much so I will be pissed when they bring in transfers. On the other hand I am a fan of the Hawkeyes so I will be happy when we bring in transfers. Do you need my to type that slower for you?

Yeah, you're just an anonymous poster calling out a 19 year old for his lifestyle, whatever that means. It's not like Wyatt is going to jump on here and defend himself to you. If you're truly a Hawk fan, and you observed/heard something negative about a wrestler on the team, why even hint at it here? Let the coaches' handle it. Don't shit where you eat. Thing's like that are just better left unsaid.

Hey all he’s saying is just that Henson needs to watch his cookie intake 😉

Well, at least we are all on record that it’s despicable when Karl recruits over a top end talent. And when he buys a transfer using slush fund money, it kills the sport. Where’s the money coming from to buy Woods’ services?

Reactions: PAHURDLER
Well, at least we are all on record that it’s despicable when Karl recruits over a top end talent. And when he buys a transfer using slush fund money, it kills the sport. Where’s the money coming from to buy Woods’ services?
You sell $20 shirts to 20,000+ hawk fans and the money adds up pretty quick. Im sure they have some nice data from last year's seniors to show what a top athlete can reasonably make

Um…….no. That’s not really how it works Einstein. You see, I dislike PSU very much so I will be pissed when they bring in transfers. On the other hand I am a fan of the Hawkeyes so I will be happy when we bring in transfers. Do you need my to type that slower for you?
Your honesty here is appreciated. Not everybody is willing to go on record stating they are a flaming hypocrite with no principles.

Last edited:
Charles Matthew's is 5' 2"
Spencer Lee 5' 3"
Wyatt Henson is 5' 5"
Drake Ayala 5' 6"
Cullan Schriever is 5' 6"
Real Woods is 5' 7"

Doesn't really mean a lot as each guy is built differently just though I would share listed heights
Looks like a war for 33…

Woods is good enough to win the title. This is a huge pick-up. For all of the characters talking about hawk fans being hypocritical regarding recruiting over guys--you are really reaching. Beard was an all American and PSU brought in someone over the top of a returning, young, All American. It worked out. Beard stayed or is staying, but he was tough in the line-up and there are not many programs that would take that step. Our 141 graduated last year. We just landed a returning All-American. Very different circumstance.
Do not forget Neville.

Your honesty here is appreciated. Not everybody is willing to go on record stating they are a flaming hypocrite with no principles.
I don’t think those words mean what you think they mean. I also don’t like ISU. When one of their wrestlers beats one of our wrestlers it pisses me off. Conversely it makes me happy when one of our wrestlers beats one of theirs. As far as the English language is concerned that’s doesn’t make me a hypocrite nor is there any indication that I would be lacking principles. Good grief you are slow.

I don’t think those words mean what you think they mean. I also don’t like ISU. When one of their wrestlers beats one of our wrestlers it pisses me off. Conversely it makes me happy when one of our wrestlers beats one of theirs. As far as the English language is concerned that’s doesn’t make me a hypocrite nor is there any indication that I would be lacking principles. Good grief you are slow.
don’t waste your energy responding to the turd..... click ignore

Very thoughtful of PSU fans to take up the responsibility of ‘keeping us in check’ on transfer/NIL takes.

Its a simple situation, really. Real Woods decided to go the best college wrestling team for 2 out of the last 3 years, and felt like making it 3 out of 4 and 4 out 5 the next 2 years. Iowa owns the 2020s, stop living in the 2010s you delusional PSU fans.

Well at least you're no liar, a hypocrite, but no liar.

Join the ROTC? Rich Uncle? Take less because of the program?

Reactions: moug and Gobblin
I will definitely see what I can find but we’ve certainly seen the “they already have a stud ready to step in there why would they do this” stuff on here before. Not saying it’s everyone but it’s been said.
Can someone save the op some time and establish the credentials of who got recruited over? It would be nice to have a baseline established. The ‘guy has been in the room for 2 years going .500 in open tournaments and they bring in this guy’ will get old in a hurry……

Reactions: mcpat
Can someone save the op some time and establish the credentials of who got recruited over? It would be nice to have a baseline established. The ‘guy has been in the room for 2 years going .500 in open tournaments and they bring in this guy’ will get old in a hurry……
But…. we like our guys.

Reactions: slushhead and mcpat
@rcamp67 Typing slower will never help me understand such hypocritical comments. You see, it doesn’t matter how fast you type, it only matters how fast I read. However, maybe typing slower will help you with grammatical errors. But since I’m “Einstein” I can figure out what you meant.

Either way, I am at the very least satisfied with you admitting you’re a hypocrite. That’s something not everyone would do. I know what the next step is, the ignore button, which doesn’t bother me at all. It will only help you have one less person hold you accountable for what you say.

Good luck to Real, the team race for next year is already more interesting less than a month after NCAAs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT