ADVERTISEMENT

Recommend a good book

May 25, 2023
I'm having surgery and will be laying around recovering for a few days. I usually like nonfiction; sports related, WW2, American History types of books.

TIA.

OP's Mom thanks you too.

Reactions: BrianNole777
I recommended this in another thread. Seems up your alley.

9781250880826.jpg

The River of Doubt: Theodore Roosevelt's Darkest Journey by Candice Millard

Destiny of the Republic by Candice Millard

I know it sounds boring but Emperor of All Maladies A Biography of Cancer by Siddhartha Mukherjee

Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen by Christopher McDougall

Shadow Divers: The True Adventure of Two Americans Who Risked Everything to Solve One of the Last Mysteries of World War II by Robert Kurson

The Boys in the Boat: Nine Americans and Their Epic Quest for Gold at the 1936 Berlin Olympics by Daniel James Brown

Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets
by David Simon. Inspiration for Homicide: Life on the Street and The Wire

I'm having surgery and will be laying around recovering for a few days. I usually like nonfiction; sports related, WW2, American History types of books.

TIA.

OP's Mom thanks you too.
See other thread.

Churchills ministry of un gentlemanly warfare

Sports related - my uncle Charlie’s baseball memoir, safe by a mile.

Reactions: Igor Stravinsky10
The River of Doubt: Theodore Roosevelt's Darkest Journey by Candice Millard

Destiny of the Republic by Candice Millard

I know it sounds boring but Emperor of All Maladies A Biography of Cancer by Siddhartha Mukherjee

Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen by Christopher McDougall

Shadow Divers: The True Adventure of Two Americans Who Risked Everything to Solve One of the Last Mysteries of World War II by Robert Kurson

The Boys in the Boat: Nine Americans and Their Epic Quest for Gold at the 1936 Berlin Olympics by Daniel James Brown

Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets
by David Simon. Inspiration for Homicide: Life on the Street and The Wire

Nailed three of my recs in both Millard books and The Boys in the Boat. Reread Boys in the Boat again recently and bawled at the end again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT