ADVERTISEMENT

Recruits training this week in Iowa?

Not being negative just pointing out Iowa has some pretty good kids in that age group as well. Lots of kids at hutchersons level, but no one at the Bo or Jax level.
Are you one of the people that want Askren as the next HC?

You're talking about 14U (and Greco). Askren isn't all that concerned with his top guys not being world-beaters that young, if they're working and learning. Pretty sure he talks a lot about MM and KOT being late bloomers in that regard (comparatively speaking of course)

Are you one of the people that want Askren as the next HC?

You're talking about 14U (and Greco). Askren isn't all that concerned with his top guys not being world-beaters that young, if they're working and learning. Pretty sure he talks a lot about MM and KOT being late bloomers in that regard (comparatively speaking of course)
No, I do not want askren as the next head Coach. Running a successful club and running a successful DI program are two completely different things. It would be awesome if at some point we could get some askren kids though.

Reactions: johnyt9
Not being negative just pointing out Iowa has some pretty good kids in that age group as well. Lots of kids at hutchersons level, but no one at the Bo or Jax level.
I did some digging on the Hutcherson kid and it looks like he won a bunch of PA state titles plus Super 32 Middle School and the U.S. Open. Willie has him #1 in middle school ranked. It looks like he trains with Bassett at Young Guns also. He is just going into high school so still a lot of time. Too early to tell but he looks like a beast. I always heard he was tough. Hope he liked Iowa. Bring Bassett Blaze and Forrest next time.

Last edited:
I did some digging on the Hutcherson kid and it looks like he won a bunch of PA state titles plus Super 32 Middle School and the U.S. Open. Willie has him #1 in middle school ranked. It looks like he trains with Bassett at Young Guns also. He is just going into high school so still a lot of time. Too early to tell but he looks like a beast. I always heard he was tough. Hope he liked Iowa. Bring Bassett Blaze and Forrest next time.
PA has a ton of good kids- kids that get overlooked because they only won one state title or because they they are overshadowed by guys of the Bassett's/forest caliber. That is why making inroads in that state is so important- to get to know some of the "lesser known" or "lesser accomplished" kids early on. You cannot only go after the really big fish or wait until some of these other kids are seniors to start showing an interest.

PA has a ton of good kids- kids that get overlooked because they only won one state title or because they they are overshadowed by guys of the Bassett's/forest caliber. That is why making inroads in that state is so important- to get to know some of the "lesser known" or "lesser accomplished" kids early on. You cannot only go after the really big fish or wait until some of these other kids are seniors to start showing an interest.
Totally agree. I always say that if Iowa can keep the best Iowa kids and mix in some of the best kids from PA, NJ, OH then they will be strong. Now with the success of AWA, why not try to tap into that talent pool.

He's also good friends with Landon Sidun who's a top 5-10 kid in his class

need to make that wrestling04 dude recruiting director , starts a thread about recuiting pa. and bang the best kid they got gives a handshake commit 4 years early

• Haha
Reactions: HawkeyePA
need to make that wrestling04 dude recruiting director , starts a thread about recuiting pa. and bang the best kid they got gives a handshake commit 4 years early
I'm working on getting Bassett! If I hit the powerball then Iowa will get some crazy NIL money to dish out from me! Lets Go Hawks! 😄

Reactions: 12tdsaw and el dub
your posts are all over the place.

No idea what you're getting at. You simultaneously say that Iowa has plenty of guys on par with Hutcherson (the #1 incoming FR at his weight in the entire nation)

but also that PA has hidden gems.

help me understand.

Reactions: el dub
Tommy Verrettes dad posted he was in Iowa City as well training. Verrette is good. Pretty sure he placed top 3 at Fargo the last two years. Not sure if he is from Colorado or Oklahoma?

Reactions: el dub
Totally agree. I always say that if Iowa can keep the best Iowa kids and mix in some of the best kids from PA, NJ, OH then they will be strong. Now with the success of AWA, why not try to tap into that talent pool.
It seems like the best kids from Illinois have been the biggest asset to the Hawks after the PA kids. Don't overlook those guys.

It seems like the best kids from Illinois have been the biggest asset to the Hawks after the PA kids. Don't overlook those guys.
Duck Dynasty GIF by DefyTV

Where the **** are the windows?
Haha, it’s all fun and games, but a large % of this board seems to think the facility is going to save us. Which is sad and out of touch with anything even resembling reality. So pardon me if I don’t giggle along with the window jokes.

$30-mil and a sleazebag’s name gets us what for big-time wrestlers? I’ll wait for them to start bangin’ on the door, beggin to be a part of this well-oiled, drama-free machine. 🙄

We squandered resources that should have been used to stack the HWC with star power. Until Hawkeye Wrestling even begins to equate to international success again, we’re a has-been and will continue to fail to attract top flight recruits for the college team.

But yeah, window jokes are funny. Cuz we’ve got nothing else to smile about.

Haha, it’s all fun and games, but a large % of this board seems to think the facility is going to save us. Which is sad and out of touch with anything even resembling reality. So pardon me if I don’t giggle along with the window jokes.

$30-mil and a sleazebag’s name gets us what for big-time wrestlers? I’ll wait for them to start bangin’ on the door, beggin to be a part of this well-oiled, drama-free machine. 🙄

We squandered resources that should have been used to stack the HWC with star power. Until Hawkeye Wrestling even begins to equate to international success again, we’re a has-been and will continue to fail to attract top flight recruits for the college team.

But yeah, window jokes are funny. Cuz we’ve got nothing else to smile about.
Personally I will wait to see the finished product before I judge the new facility. It's like tasting your chicken in the oven baking the first 5mins you put it in. It's not good because it's not ready. Let's wait until the chicken is cooked and ready!

Reactions: Hawkgma
Personally I will wait to see the finished product before I judge the new facility. It's like tasting your chicken in the oven baking the first 5mins you put it in. It's not good because it's not ready. Let's wait until the chicken is cooked and ready!
It will help when they turn on the lights.

Reactions: Hawkgma
And we got hustlers
We got fighters
Early-birds and all-nighters
And the Nit fans can't stop trolling every post
Hmmm, hmmm, hmmm, hmmm, hmmm, I love this board.
But… is there NO moderation?

We need a mod so Ken can stop taking notes and get back to doing what he does best: explaining to world why we’re better than the rest…

But… is there NO moderation?

We need a mod so Ken can stop taking notes and get back to doing what he does best: explaining to world why we’re better than the rest…
I want more moderation of Iowa fans so that I can feel safe posting here. I feel discriminated against lol.

Who is Ken?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT