ADVERTISEMENT

Recruits training this week in Iowa?

Haha, it’s all fun and games, but a large % of this board seems to think the facility is going to save us. Which is sad and out of touch with anything even resembling reality. So pardon me if I don’t giggle along with the window jokes.

$30-mil and a sleazebag’s name gets us what for big-time wrestlers? I’ll wait for them to start bangin’ on the door, beggin to be a part of this well-oiled, drama-free machine. 🙄

We squandered resources that should have been used to stack the HWC with star power. Until Hawkeye Wrestling even begins to equate to international success again, we’re a has-been and will continue to fail to attract top flight recruits for the college team.

But yeah, window jokes are funny. Cuz we’ve got nothing else to smile about.

You ok man?

Facilities are important...especially when there isn't much room for a full team practice without guys running into each other. I guess we could have waited for the university to feed us some scraps once Football is done with their 30th remodel but we were in line with golf in front of us? The "Sleazebag" got us rolling on it almost 7 years ago exactly pledging his own $$ and that of other deep pocket guys he had gathered. PSU,tOSU, Michigan and Rutgers(!) all have better facilities than we do at present. So yea...better facilities can't hurt. The sleazebag also helps with HWC and NIL. What are you doing to help out besides bitch on here or disparage those that do/have pitched in? You want to bitch about how Tom runs the program? Feel free. But the donors who have stepped up to support this program? Either open up the checkbook or you can just say thanks. Coach Cael does preach gratitude, right?

BTW...drove by today and it does indeed have windows ;)

You ok man?

Facilities are important...especially when there isn't much room for a full team practice without guys running into each other. I guess we could have waited for the university to feed us some scraps once Football is done with their 30th remodel but we were in line with golf in front of us? The "Sleazebag" got us rolling on it almost 7 years ago exactly pledging his own $$ and that of other deep pocket guys he had gathered. PSU,tOSU, Michigan and Rutgers(!) all have better facilities than we do at present. So yea...better facilities can't hurt. The sleazebag also helps with HWC and NIL. What are you doing to help out besides bitch on here or disparage those that do/have pitched in? You want to bitch about how Tom runs the program? Feel free. But the donors who have stepped up to support this program? Either open up the checkbook or you can just say thanks. Coach Cael does preach gratitude, right?

He is not ok. Several red flags now I've noticed.

You ok man?

I’ll bet they’re tinted.

Let's look at the positive here right now, and not the negative! Iowa got a brand new facility that could help bring in some top recruits. This past week they had three of their top recruits training in IC(Deluca, Ayala, and Estrada). They had other top recruits here such as Verette and some of the St. Ed kids from Ohio. And also they had the top incoming freshman in the country here(Hutcherson). Plus Blaze has not committed anywhere yet(So your saying there is a chance) and Bassett is still a real possibility.

You ok man?

No, I’m not ok. Thought I made that pretty clear. I’m not gonna rehash all the reasons. But I’ll tell you what — “can’t hurt” is not a strategy.

You hitch your moral wagon to whomever you’d like, but don’t get all superior on me for calling a spade a spade. I don’t give a crap if that spade has money, when I don’t like the way it was made. Don’t pretend I lump him in with the other donors, either.

And lastly, don’t act like only those who have $$$ to throw at the program are entitled to an opinion. We’ll see how the next 5 years turn out. I reckon we tread water, or sink slowly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT