ADVERTISEMENT

Rejected Mail Ballots Are Showing Racial Disparities

Not seeing how this is in any way designed to suppress the minority vote….missing signature? Sounds like the voters fault

Reactions: goldmom
Hey man whatever you gotta tell yourself. Just make sure you stretch before bending yourself in to a pretzel to make it work for you.
So what you're saying is that there IS systemic racism and it manifests itself in this case with the comparison of signatures during the vetting of mail-in ballots and the disparate rejection of votes by blacks. That Black Americans are stripped of their voting rights by design making their votes NOT secure.

Sure. I'll go there.

So what you're saying is that there IS systemic racism and it manifests itself in this case with the comparison of signatures during the vetting of mail-in ballots and the disparate rejection of votes by blacks. That Black Americans are stripped of their voting rights by design making their votes NOT secure.

Sure. I'll go there.
So you’re saying that even Democrats are out to stop Blacks from voting?

• Haha
Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Wow, so a Democrat-controlled state was doing this in which Biden won 58%-39%. Can’t imagine what Republican-controlled states are doing.
I’m simply commenting that it is certainly possible to identify a significant number of people’s race simply by knowing names. You’re adding the rest.

Sounds like an issue where the rules need to be communicated better to everyone and applied more consistently. They found no evidence of actual racial discrimination in it, just higher instance of rejection due to rules.
This. The state needs to revamp their criteria.
In the end, the state inadvertently discriminated against their constituents. Lol.

Reactions: TJ8869

Sure. I'll go there.
I know reading is hard so I'll answer. No, that is not what I'm saying. I'm saying it's one or the other. You can go ahead and choose, I don't care.

Doesn't this suggest the rules themselves are designed to limit black voting?
The rules in this election were written by Democrats, and blacks vote Democrat at a >90% rate. Why would Democrats design the rules in such a way that they disenfranchise their most loyal voting base?

Reactions: goldmom
Freaking dumb ass republicans think all of these laws that have been passed, oh, and all of these states controlled by republicans, is to help and make it easier for everyone to vote. Just stop with your bullshit, because we all know it's bullshit.

Freaking dumb ass republicans think all of these laws that have been passed, oh, and all of these states controlled by republicans, is to help and make it easier for everyone to vote. Just stop with your bullshit, because we all know it's bullshit.
Washington state is controlled by Democrats. The state House is controlled by Democrats. The state Senate is controlled by Democrats. Every statewide elected official is a Democrat. The rules for the 2020 elections in Washington were written by Democrats.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
Washington state is controlled by Democrats. The state House is controlled by Democrats. The state Senate is controlled by Democrats. Every statewide elected official is a Democrat. The rules for the 2020 elections in Washington were written by Democrats.

Please tell us what laws they passed to restrict their citizens voter rights. We all know what Georgia, Arizona, Utah, and others have done.

Please tell us what laws they passed to restrict their citizens voter rights. We all know what Georgia, Arizona, Utah, and others have done.
According to this thread, they apparently passed laws that resulted in black voters being four times more likely than white voters to have their ballots rejected.

We do? All of us?
I find it interesting that in 2022 there are people who believe that African Americans would just passively turn and walk away if someone told them they couldn’t vote. Are you so gullible that you believe what the MSM and social media are saying?
Are you aware that for example in Georgia a higher percentage of AA’s have voted in the last two elections than Caucasians? How can that be possible? And you think that AA’s will retreat from that? Seriously ?
Why would you believe that?

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
We do? All of us?
I find it interesting that in 2022 there are people who believe that African Americans would just passively turn and walk away if someone told them they couldn’t vote. Are you so gullible that you believe what the MSM and social media are saying?
Are you aware that for example in Georgia a higher percentage of AA’s have voted in the last two elections than Caucasians? How can that be possible? And you think that AA’s will retreat from that? Seriously ?
Why would you believe that?
All of these laws in red states have nothing to do with past elections, but rather the next elections. Are you aware of that?

I know reading is hard so I'll answer. No, that is not what I'm saying. I'm saying it's one or the other. You can go ahead and choose, I don't care.
Reading is easy. And yes, it is what you're saying. You just don't understand what you're saying. I try to help. :)

All of these laws in red states have nothing to do with past elections, but rather the next elections. Are you aware of that?
Of course I am. And I am certain that duly registered citizens of every skin color will get to vote, much to the chagrin of progressives who actually HOPE people are turned away. And you did not answer my questions did you?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT