ADVERTISEMENT

Remaining Targets in 2022 Class and 2023 Priority Names to know:

Bryzzo

Team MVP
Aug 31, 2016
Just my thoughts:

Current 2022 Class is 12 guys after Xavier's commitment yesterday.

I think there are 4 more spots available to finish out the class - these are the guys I hope the staff is focusing on:

DE Brian Allen - 4 Star - 5.6 Rating - just got bumped to a 4 star - looks like it's between Iowa and Oregon
DB TJ Hall - 3 Star - 5.5 Rating - decommit from Washington
C - Carson Hinzman - 4 Star - 5.9 Rating - most likely a strong Wisconsin lean, but still worth going after
ATH - Ali Wells - 3 Star - 5.7 Rating - Athlete out of St. Louis

Priority Names to focus on for the 2023 Class:

5 Star:
OT - K. Proctor - 6.1 Rating

4 Star:
OT - C. Green - 6.0 Rating
WR - K. Kasper - 5.9 Rating
DL - A. Depaepe - 5.9 Rating
QB - M. Lainez - 5.8 Rating
ATH - K. Feagin - 5.8 Rating

3 Star:
DL - J. Mickens - 5.8 Rating
ATH - A. Mota - 5.8 Rating
ATH - J. Patton - 5.8 Rating
TE - K. Black - 5.7 Rating
OL - T. Lauck - 5.7 Rating
OL - D. Senda - 5.7 Rating
DL - T. Gant - 5.7 Rating
LB - A. Newsom - 5.6 Rating

Sounds like a lot of these guys will be visiting campus over the weekend. Hopefully Xavier and Caleb Johnson can convince a few of these guys that Iowa is the place for them.

Reactions: not_mantiteo
David1979 -

Why wouldn't the staff continuing to go after Hinzman and Wells? Just curious if you have any insider info?

How many more spots do you see to fill out the class and who are the names that are being focused on?

Does that 4 above include Tracy, Hogan or Lindy's scholarship and you'll have to consider if Moss/Jones come back as well. I'm thinking we might have closer to 8 more rides to give depending on above.

Reactions: Bloody Run Hawk
David1979 -

Why wouldn't the staff continuing to go after Hinzman and Wells? Just curious if you have any insider info?

How many more spots do you see to fill out the class and who are the names that are being focused on?
Hinzman isn’t considering us anymore, so we’re not recruiting him. Same deal with Wells.

I see us ending the class with Brian Allen, Keyron Crawford, TJ Hall, and Olando Trader.

David1979 -

Wells is considered a RB, and we have 2 already.

Not sure he's been recruited by Iowa for some time now.

Seems like they would like to find an OL and LB as well. Although, they could look transfer for the OL.
LB would be interesting. If Campbell comes back, no reason for it. You’d still have Benson, Higgins, and Jacobs. OL is something they should do but who knows how probable it is.

Does that 4 above include Tracy, Hogan or Lindy's scholarship and you'll have to consider if Moss/Jones come back as well. I'm thinking we might have closer to 8 more rides to give depending on above.
We've got em at 77/85 after adding Nwankpa and taking out the transfers. Still list Linderbaum until he declares and don't list Jones or any seniors until they announce something on coming back. I do think we'll see walk-ons in the two deeps like Quinn Schulte and Kyler Fisher added to scholarship at some point before next season. Louie Stec already has been.

Schulte and Fisher deserve a scholarship. I am good with that.

Seems to me that the recruiting calendar has moved so far forward in the schedule that this would be the perfect storm for Iowa to get some of these late bloomers that all the big programs have no room for. At least I am hoping there are some seniors out there that have been overlooked. Especially since the junior year for a lot of these kids was such a weird year. Some of these kids didn’t even get to play last year…

Hinzman isn’t considering us anymore, so we’re not recruiting him. Same deal with Wells.

I see us ending the class with Brian Allen, Keyron Crawford, TJ Hall, and Olando Trader.
Anything other than Oregon losing their coach that makes Iowa look good for Allen? That and I liking tweets from Iowa players, I guess?

With how abysmal our OL was this year, I’m surprised we’re not going after a couple more. We really can’t afford to have the kind of misses we did 3-5 years ago.
So you want more freshmen to play for next year?
Next year we’ll go heavy on oline.

I think Iowa lands 5 of the 6. Koen Entringer is Notre Dame bound, I feel. Hope I'm wrong though

They have him listed as visiting tomorrow.

Edit - you probably say that because a publisher (Cosgrove) has him forecasted for ND, but even he has tweeted out that ND is not among the finalists.

Last edited:
Anything other than Oregon losing their coach that makes Iowa look good for Allen? That and I liking tweets from Iowa players, I guess?
Yeah been odd for him. Looking good early on but pushed back his announcement because allegedly was holding out for psu offer that never came. Day he finally announced was us and Illinois and picked big Bert’s team. Came to his senses decomitted then one would think Iowa would be sitting well. Then Oregon and their shiny Nike allure came calling who looked like the new favorite but then cristobal left. Which does he offer him at Miami and Oregon hasn’t hired anyone yet so who knows if offer is still valid. Seems like we’ve been the safe backup choice that may win out in the end.

So you want more freshmen to play for next year?
Next year we’ll go heavy on oline.
No, we just can’t ever have a gap in OL talent like we did this year. Ironically, we surrounded maybe the greatest OL at Iowa with 3 guys that weren’t ready to start.

Meh I doubt it. That's just the school he visited most recently. He will be here this weekend and I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't start seeing some forecasts to Iowa or a flat out commitment from him.
Already one forecast for Iowa. The Arkansas State site’s publisher (apparently that’s a thing; I had no idea) put in a future cast for Arkansas State a few hours ago.

If the Entringer thing is true, I wonder if it is because X and others have been recruiting him? X already paying off on the recruiting front? DB class could be ridiculous.

Just my thoughts:

Current 2022 Class is 12 guys after Xavier's commitment yesterday.

I think there are 4 more spots available to finish out the class - these are the guys I hope the staff is focusing on:

DE Brian Allen - 4 Star - 5.6 Rating - just got bumped to a 4 star - looks like it's between Iowa and Oregon
DB TJ Hall - 3 Star - 5.5 Rating - decommit from Washington
C - Carson Hinzman - 4 Star - 5.9 Rating - most likely a strong Wisconsin lean, but still worth going after
ATH - Ali Wells - 3 Star - 5.7 Rating - Athlete out of St. Louis

Priority Names to focus on for the 2023 Class:

5 Star:
OT - K. Proctor - 6.1 Rating

4 Star:
OT - C. Green - 6.0 Rating
WR - K. Kasper - 5.9 Rating
DL - A. Depaepe - 5.9 Rating
QB - M. Lainez - 5.8 Rating
ATH - K. Feagin - 5.8 Rating

3 Star:
DL - J. Mickens - 5.8 Rating
ATH - A. Mota - 5.8 Rating
ATH - J. Patton - 5.8 Rating
TE - K. Black - 5.7 Rating
OL - T. Lauck - 5.7 Rating
OL - D. Senda - 5.7 Rating
DL - T. Gant - 5.7 Rating
LB - A. Newsom - 5.6 Rating

Sounds like a lot of these guys will be visiting campus over the weekend. Hopefully Xavier and Caleb Johnson can convince a few of these guys that Iowa is the place for them.
There will be more than four spots.

If the Entringer thing is true, I wonder if it is because X and others have been recruiting him? X already paying off on the recruiting front? DB class could be ridiculous.
Ive heard this a few times, never comes to fruition, but willing to wait and watch. 2007 and 2018 says hold my beer.

Anyone have a sense of how fast Entringer is? He run track? Looks very fast in his highlights, closing speed is fantastic.

Crawford to Arkansas State?

Meh I doubt it. That's just the school he visited most recently. He will be here this weekend and I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't start seeing some forecasts to Iowa or a flat out commitment from him.

Already one forecast for Iowa. The Arkansas State site’s publisher (apparently that’s a thing; I had no idea) put in a future cast for Arkansas State a few hours ago.
Does anybody know how many more D-linemen we're aiming to take?

If we only have one take ... if Brian Allen is (fully) back in the picture ... then that could be part of the reason why some folks feel like Arkansas State might land Keyron.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT