ADVERTISEMENT

Remaining Targets in 2022 Class and 2023 Priority Names to know:

Focus on Offense for the love! Build an offense for the future, one that compliments our Defense... we need mean and nasty OL.

Reactions: Harbinger273
Focus on Offense for the love! Build an offense for the future, one that compliments our Defense... we need mean and nasty OL.
Iowa signed 6 OL last year so taking 2-3 this year makes sense. You take too many OL and then other positions lacking in numbers.
I do expect Iowa will take 1 or 2 OL from portal but will have to wait and see.

So you want more freshmen to play for next year?
Next year we’ll go heavy on oline.

If they are WIRFs like, yes. Or Iowa needs a JC OT like Mashall Yanda.

I suspect Iowa is unlikely to find Stud OT's in the portal. If they are a stud OT and a 3rd year or more removed from HS, why go to Iowa to be on a chitty offense instead of declaring for NFL draft?

I suspect Iowa is unlikely to find Stud OT's in the portal. If they are a stud OT and a 3rd year or more removed from HS, why go to Iowa to be on a chitty offense instead of declaring for NFL draft?
It seems plausible that Iowa might aid in developing an individual OL, enhancing their draft stock. I doubt know how long you’ve been a fan, but they have a history in that department.

Reactions: LGEND24
We've got em at 77/85 after adding Nwankpa and taking out the transfers. Still list Linderbaum until he declares and don't list Jones or any seniors until they announce something on coming back. I do think we'll see walk-ons in the two deeps like Quinn Schulte and Kyler Fisher added to scholarship at some point before next season. Louie Stec already has been.

How did Iowa State get more of the top 10 Iowa recruits than Iowa?

Four to three

Four to three
I think only two of those kids had offers from Iowa. Deyo has an Iowa offer listed too, but as has been discussed ad nauseam, he likely didn’t have an offer when he committed to ISU.

Reactions: owenhawk
No, we just can’t ever have a gap in OL talent like we did this year. Ironically, we surrounded maybe the greatest OL at Iowa with 3 guys that weren’t ready to start.

Injuries and a crap '19 class was the problem.

Reactions: mlb1399

Four to three
I believe one of the 2 LB commits they got grew up an ISU fan (bad parenting in my opinion). TE Burkle Iowa never offered which is telling considering we missed out on our top couple of options. Last one is Deyo maybe the only W for ISU. But have read on here rumors and what not of grades issues. Link on a thread when he committed how the likes of Kstate backed off citing their Rivals writers about these concerns. Did Iowa do the same? Who knows a moot point now but with us getting someone like Graves who looks like he could slide on in the inside and have Crawford and potentially Allen at DE it is no loss missing out on Deyo. Especially considering how young our DTs are that played this year and that's not even counting an injured Logan Jones for most of the year.

After all the positive momentum ISU got out of the fluke COVID year was washed away in Sept. and just when people thought the tide was turning their way finally over Iowa with their "hot" young coach, our issues from summer of 20' until we end up winning 10 games steal the mo back and land maybe the biggest recruit ever out of Iowa on top of the #2 to boot.

Last edited:
I believe one of the 2 LB commits they got grew up an ISU fan (bad parenting in my opinion). TE Burkle Iowa never offered which is telling considering we missed out on our top couple of options. Last one is Deyo maybe the only W for ISU. But have read on here rumors and what not of grades issues. Link on a thread when he committed how the likes of Kstate backed off citing their Rivals writers about these concerns. Did Iowa do the same? Who knows a moot point now but with us getting someone like Graves who looks like he could slide on in the inside and have Crawford and potentially Allen at DE it is no loss missing out on Deyo. Especially considering how young our DTs are that played this year and that's not even counting an injured Logan Jones for most of the year.

After all the positive momentum ISU got out of the fluke COVID year was washed away in Sept. and just when people thought the tide was turning their way finally over Iowa with their "hot" young coach, our issues from summer of 20' until we end up winning 10 games steal the mo back and land maybe the biggest recruit ever out of Iowa on top of the #2 to boot.
The KSU guy said KSU, Iowa, and Oregon were no longer an option for Deyo when committed to ISU. The dots connected.

I'm wondering if anyone committed during their visit(s) this weekend? I know the staff usually lets the kid(s) maker their announcement. Perhaps, we will hear something tonight or tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

I'm wondering if anyone committed during their visit(s) this weekend? I know the staff usually lets the kid(s) maker their announcement. Perhaps, we will hear something tonight or tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
Sounds like some of the visitors from this weekend who are among the list of possible, if not probable, commits will be announcing Wednesday when they sign.

Reactions: NevadaHawk

We aren't lookin for current 1st round draft picks....

Does anybody know how many more D-linemen we're aiming to take?

If we only have one take ... if Brian Allen is (fully) back in the picture ... then that could be part of the reason why some folks feel like Arkansas State might land Keyron.
He's really get a lot of 100% to Iowa predictions. Course the kid could be pulling legs.

I am really hoping for Entringer. He could be a breakout star in college. Dude has only been playing football for 2 seasons. He has elite closing speed and hits hard. His body is still developing into football. He will be a steal for whomever gets him. He is the cream of the crop of the remaining targets IMHO.

My Twitter feed said Tyler Barnes is following Mac Markway. Is that something new?
Iowa has 2 TE commits already. It's possible, but I'd be surprised. Ton of turmoil surrounding the TEs Iowa missed on. If Iowa could flip a TE, I'd be going after Eli.

I'm sure this has been asked, but is Allen related to the guys that tore it up in the interior offensive line at Michigan State?
You’re making me question myself, but I don’t think they are even of the same skin color?

Think 3 main areas for 22’ in my opinion after previous class to focus on were RB, TE and DBs. Hit 2 home runs with our rbs with contrasting styles. Phenomenal job there. TEs missed with top targets. 2 development guys who probably won’t see the field for 2-3 years but potential is there and Vanderbush could be that prototypical Iowa guy give him few years to develop his body to be another gem. Lastly DBs if we can land at least 2 of the 3 or even all of Hall, Trader and Entringer to go along with the crown jewel of Nwankpa would be another fantastic job addressing position of need in this class.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT