ADVERTISEMENT

Remember where we were just one year ago today....

the_hermanator

HB Heisman
Jan 22, 2002
I remember logging on one year ago, the morning after losing to Tennessee in the supposed first round of the NCAA Tournament. People were down, questioning Fran and whether or not he was the right guy for the job, fearing we were going to soon be falling behind programs like Northwestern and Nebraska.

It's amazing how times have changed since last year. With that said, I don't think everyone is still on board with Fran's plan. Seven days ago at this time, Fran was certainly the man. Now what happens if we lose on Friday night and end our season with two straight losses to teams we were favored to beat? Will there still be some people who question if Fran is the man for the job? Probably. Maybe rightfully so. I still think he's the right guy.

I pray for Fran that he can get a little run going over these next few days and completely revitalizes the program on the big stage in front of a national audience. A couple of years ago, we made a great run in the NIT. Last year, the debacle. This year? The experts are predicting us to lose. We shall see.

But there is no doubt that Fran is looked upon much higher now than he was a year ago at this time by almost everyone.

THE HERMENATOR

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News