ADVERTISEMENT

Republican Jesus

cyEqGEk.jpg

Is it ok to detain and deport people that cross our borders illegally? What does Jesus say about that?
The overall point of the satire is a good one, which is why everyone should separate church and state and not trumpet their piety like the hypocrite Republicans do as to make a mockery of the religion many of them selectively take from like it’s the Golden Corral.

And based on the canonical gospels, Jesus is never quoted rendering an opinion on the most godly and efficacious way of fighting illegal immigration. In fact, the few times secular government was ever brought up, Jesus circumvented the question entirely and did not engage in the political polemics of the day.

Now, do you want to delve into what has been recorded in scripture regarding what Jesus said about taking care of the least among us? I’ll give you a hint: you will find plenty of verses on those topics in comparison to the grand total of zero you will find of Jesus sharing his views about abortion, illegal immigrants, and two boys at the altar kissing.

Liberal Jesus is Jesus you dumbass.
Not exactly. Jesus was very much an orthodox Jew who believed in the complete authority of the Mosaic law. It was his expounding upon the law by bringing into light the intent and broader ethic of it that made Jesus an unparalleled religious figure in recorded human history.

To suggest Jesus was a loosey goosey, good vibes liberal (no doubt dabbling in wokeness before it was en vogue) is as silly as the televangelist standing at the pulpit propagating the belief Donald Trump is a lot like King David because they both had a penchant for dipping their wick into some strange.

The overall point of the satire is a good one, which is why everyone should separate church and state and not trumpet their piety like the hypocrite Republicans do as to make a mockery of the religion many of them selectively take from like it’s the Golden Corral.

And based on the canonical gospels, Jesus is never quoted rendering an opinion on the most godly and efficacious way of fighting illegal immigration. In fact, the few times secular government was ever brought up, Jesus circumvented the question entirely and did not engage in the political polemics of the day.

Now, do you want to delve into what has been recorded in scripture regarding what Jesus said about taking care of the least among us? I’ll give you a hint: you will find plenty of verses on those topics in comparison to the grand total of zero you will find of Jesus sharing his views about abortion, illegal immigrants, and two boys at the altar kissing.
he did talk about Ceasor, also there are a lot of biblical versus in the New Testament about the law of the land, especially Romans

he did talk about Ceasor, also there are a lot of biblical versus in the New Testament about the law of the land, especially Romans

Yes, he did. “Render onto Ceasar what’s Ceasar’s…” in response to a question posed for the purpose of entrapment.

Yes, the New Testament is full of verses about respecting authority and the rule of law—two wonderful principles to adhere to in and of themselves. However, the Bible is also replete with examples of not only the permissibility of civil disobedience when warranted but also the necessity of it.

So, as is the case even throughout scripture, there’s a lot of ambiguity when it comes to obeying human authority, especially when human authority is in violation of “God’s laws.” Jesus is also frequently quoted explaining nuance and grace, especially as it related to sabbath laws and those caught in the act of violating the Mosaic law that were subject to sentences of death (although the most famous example—the woman caught in adultery brought before Jesus—was not in the original manuscripts).

As I explained to Belem, the school of thought that Jesus was this free-thinking, “woke” liberal is also wrong. Furthermore, I don’t think it can be conclusively determined one way or the other—based off historical accounts of the words of Jesus recorded in canonical (and even non canonical) scripture—what position he would take on illegal immigration. From what we know of how Jesus responded to questions posed regarding obedience to Roman law (especially when in violation of the Mosaic law), he did not directly challenge Roman authority and brilliantly circumvented those questions (which, again, were posed disingenuously for the purpose of entrapment).

My personal view is Jesus today would not espouse a clearly defined position on how the U.S. government should handle the issue of illegal immigration. How a Christian should treat an illegal immigrant is not up for debate, IMO, as there is not any real ambiguity to that based off what we know of the teachings of Christ on loving others, which includes one’s “enemies.” As to the two other issues I mentioned, I do not believe Jesus would ever approve of a woman getting an abortion for any reason other than perhaps if her own personal life was at stake. I also believe Jesus would say marriage is exclusively between one man and one woman—as instituted by God—as far as the church is concerned. However, in terms of the government recognizing civil unions/marriages based on same-sex partnership is a little grayer IMO because one) I doubt Jesus would directly offer an opinion on what the U.S. government should do and two) in his era there was no real concept of sexual orientation as it related to being gay or straight, so such issues were only discussed in terms of regulating one’s sexual behavior.

Those of you, who unceasingly attack Christians are more like the KKK and Nazis than you might realize. I am starting to worry that you may take away our guns and put us into concentration camps.

Thanks for the troll post NCH5/Jose Canseco Jr/Group Think/Howard Roarkes Ghost/Bill Doak and 9 Others/AreWeCross/Bidenomics/Red Runney/DeangeloVickers/BonzoFury/Gus is dead/FBandBB

I agree 100% with everything @BlackNGoldBleeder has said in this thread. There is no liberal Jesus or republican Jesus. His message was very simple. Love one another as I have loved you. I don't think Jesus would spend much time on HROT.

Reactions: IAFB2021Champs
Those of you, who unceasingly attack Christians are more like the KKK and Nazis than you might realize. I am starting to worry that you may take away our guns and put us into concentration camps.

I would never put Christians in concentration camps if I was in charge. Complete waste of people who think they're immortal because of their purified thoughts. You conscript those types of people.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT