ADVERTISEMENT

RESULTS 20th annual Big Ten Pick'em

texas twister

HR Heisman
Jan 14, 2005
Sorry it took so long. Couple irons in the fire and it was a slow process pulling in all the Iowa sports action over the week-end. Everything for me was replay mode.

The-Dude-Abides 73

Bones Malone 73

Dtripp26 70

texas twister 65

Hwt1 64

ping72 61

Inthecircle 59

dmlawdad 59

Does this mean @Bones Malone and I tied? If so, we might need to have a wrestle off to determine true first. I could maybe get down to 160 or up to 185 if weight matters. I have a bit of a bum ankle if that makes the decision easier for you, but beware, I'm a bit of a hammer on top. My single boot to the guillotine pinned at least seven people back in my prime. Got a mean switch from bottom as well. 😉

Does this mean @Bones Malone and I tied? If so, we might need to have a wrestle off to determine true first. I could maybe get down to 160 or up to 185 if weight matters. I have a bit of a bum ankle if that makes the decision easier for you, but beware, I'm a bit of a hammer on top. My single boot to the guillotine pinned at least seven people back in my prime. Got a mean switch from bottom as well. 😉
Good morning & congrats, Dude!

Only an 8 man bracket, so can’t say I’m too proud but you take what you can get…
I’ve not shied away from a scrap in the past and size was never a consideration. That said, it also sounds like our weights are similar - 160 would be ideal if I were running daily but would be a challenge since my hip replacement. I can make 185 from my easy chair, so we’re not too far off.

Just printed off my NCAA brackets for FantasyGrade pools. So, hoping to apply some of what I learned from B1G Tens. Let’s go Hawks!

Sorry it took so long. Couple irons in the fire and it was a slow process pulling in all the Iowa sports action over the week-end. Everything for me was replay mode.

The-Dude-Abides 73

Bones Malone 73

Dtripp26 70

texas twister 65

Hwt1 64

ping72 61

Inthecircle 59

dmlawdad 59
Ole TnT really screwed me with their alternate shenanigans, had Bouzakis at 133. 😱

Reactions: el dub
You've both got screen names more suited to the WWE ring than the wrestling mat, so I vote it gets settled there.

Good morning & congrats, Dude!

Only an 8 man bracket, so can’t say I’m too proud but you take what you can get…
I’ve not shied away from a scrap in the past and size was never a consideration. That said, it also sounds like our weights are similar - 160 would be ideal if I were running daily but would be a challenge since my hip replacement. I can make 185 from my easy chair, so we’re not too far off.

Just printed off my NCAA brackets for FantasyGrade pools. So, hoping to apply some of what I learned from B1G Tens. Let’s go Hawks!
Is this happening in Kansas City?

Do we have a ref?

I’ll volunteer to run the clock.

Not sure if this is humorous or more likely cringeworthy…
So, I’ll apologize in advance.

While we’re making funnies about a “wrestle-off” between two middle-aged men (one with a bad ankle, the other a hip replacement) to determine the ultimate champion of the 20th Annual B1G Pick-em contest…the first image that comes to mind is footage from the Team Foxcatcher documentary of an under-developed, middle aged DuPont in a singlet, wearing an oversized head gear. If you’ve seen it, you’ll know what I mean (this takes place in PA mind you)…
Anyway, they’d have these faux tournaments & guys would wrestle DuPont, losing to him, to make him feel like he was “really something”. They’d give him a medal & wall chart to authenticate it. In my mind, DuPont proudly hangs them on his bedroom wall.

After the DuPont image, my thoughts went to Ames pedo Carl Markley who is/was business partners with a prominent D1 coach who resides in, you guessed it, PA. But now I digress…
Anyway, somebody mentioned black potentially bringing out the worst in Angel Rivera (there are actually worse officials). From there my thoughts go to showing up in one of those cringy white PSU singlets (I hate white singlets). I’m embarrassed for the athletes forced to wear them but perhaps that’s because I’m “no Uncle Carmine”. Anyway, PSU only wears these once a year for “special” meets or duels as their fan base calls them on the Nitwit site. Again, I digress…
So, I do the Google and a “used” white PSU singlet comes up on eBay for $480 with 4 pictures no less (didn’t peruse them) of an adult male modeling them. No pictures should be necessary - JMO. I’m thinking there’s a market for used PSU singlets?? And then I realize, once again, this is PA. But if I’m honest, it groaded me out, as my sister used to say.

Sorry, I had to share. Please don’t judge me. I hope this doesn’t make me a bad person 😳.
This is The Cesspool, so if anyone would get my sic sense of humor, hoping it’s my “friends” here😏.

You did. Not quite legend status in my mind but you've moved up a notch. You're a fisherman and that never hurts, so may have gained a notch there... Now, since you're in NY(I think?) can you tell me the injury status of Foca? And does he have a gas tank?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT