ADVERTISEMENT

Reynolds is all in with this conman to destroy Iowa Public Schools

Are you an idiot? A 2nd choice is a choice.
Not if there's no 2nd choice. There will be many cases where there is one top school to go to and it won't be able to accommodate everyone who wants to attend. You've already said you wouldn't support a lottery to decide who gets the slots which would be the only fair way to do it.

And LOL at you calling anyone an idiot.

• Haha
Reactions: Pinehawk
Lol so these Catholic schools which already existed raised their tuition, I'm guessing by an amount closer to the amount of the vouchers rather than inflation, and then have used the extra revenue to do maintenance with tax dollars on their parish operations (while paying no taxes on donations they receive)? There's at least some kind of karma there with Indiana's Klan history
Hey man, those sexual abuse settlements aren’t going to pay themselves.

Let’s be clear here. Almost all of these legislative pushes for school vouchers for private schools are at their core, classist and racist. But worst of all they are inherently unconstitutional. Public funds should never be used to pay for private benefits nor support religious organizations and their affiliated schools. You don’t need a law degree to figure this out.

Not if there's no 2nd choice. There will be many cases where there is one top school to go to and it won't be able to accommodate everyone who wants to attend. You've already said you wouldn't support a lottery to decide who gets the slots which would be the only fair way to do it.
I never said I wouldn’t support a lottery if needed. Please post the quote.
Unless you are lying again.

State of Iowa collects income taxes and its counties collect property taxes levied on real estate. Public schools are funded by a combination of these (oversimplification but basically how it works). I'm suggesting increasing the funding from the state to school districts that are struggling. I know, radical when compared with vouchers.
Another coming problem is the elimination of State income taxes on retirement income.

I can almost guarantee Iowans that funding to public schools will be one of the first entities affected by less State tax revenue.

My personal opinion is Dim Kim is setting up her successor for failure by undercutting education. She appoints herself to succeed Grassley and the next poor dumb bastard is left with massive revenue shortfalls and financial chaos within 3-5 years.

I never said I wouldn’t support a lottery if needed. Please post the quote.
Unless you are lying again.
And I didn't use the word "never". Just another one of your misrepresentations to go along with the lies you've spewed.

Post the quote if you aren’t a liar.
Are you denying that when presented with the lottery idea you ignored it and proposed, of all things, "first come first serve"?

And GFY - you've lied multiple times just in this thread you piece of shit.

• Haha
Reactions: Pinehawk
I was just told that other states don’t matter in this thread so keep Indiana out of this.
Okay, let’s open this up to all states then. You go find a verifiable success from a statewide school voucher system. Just one will suffice. Once you deliver that I will share with you the rather long list of failed/failing and fraudulent outcomes from these voucher systems.

At the end of the day, it’s unconstitutional to give public funding to private schools. It’s a synchronized, coordinated national scam being pushed by ALEC, the Koch bros and other monied interests who are very adept at filling their personal bank accounts with other people’s money, all based upon the false premise of helping poor kids trapped in failing schools. Don’t be a dumb rube.

Okay, let’s open this up to all states then. You go find a verifiable success from a statewide school voucher system. Just one will suffice. Once you deliver that I will share with you the rather long list of failed/failing and fraudulent outcomes from these voucher systems.

At the end of the day, it’s unconstitutional to give public funding to private schools. It’s a synchronized, coordinated national scam being pushed by ALEC, the Koch bros and other monied interests who are very adept at filling their personal bank accounts with other people’s money, all based upon the false premise of helping poor kids trapped in failing schools. Don’t be a dumb rube.
ALEC? ALEC and the Koch Bros. involved in this? Say it isn't so! ALEC is an unAmerican anti-American pro business corporation that pushes the interest and rights of business and corporations at the expense of the individual's Constitutional rights. These guys are bad ones, boyz!

Are you denying that when presented with the lottery idea you ignored it and proposed, of all things, "first come first serve"?

And GFY - you've lied multiple times just in this thread you piece of shit.
So, you lied.

I wouldn’t have a problem with a lottery, if needed.
And you don't have a problem with lying.

The first time your kid or some other Karen's kid loses the lottery all hell will break loose. And that's why a lottery will never be proposed.

Reactions: Tom Paris
I wouldn’t have a problem with a lottery, if needed.
Governments function is to GOVERN, not organize "rule by lottery".......Even Terry Branstad stated this....his "govenment's job is not to pick winners and losers" is perhaps the most honest statement he ever made as Governor....and probably js his most broken promise made as Governor. (Terry was a MASTER at speaking out of BOTH sides of his mouth)

It's hilarious when you think it's Pinehawk going for this bullshit. He wants handouts at a relatively (for Iowa) affluent private school (Regina) in a town with famously good public schools.
I won’t benefit from this proposal. But, I do think educational credits should go to the family to make the best decision for their family.
Not be locked into attending a poor school just to protect the existing funding system.

ALEC? ALEC and the Koch Bros. involved in this? Say it isn't so! ALEC is an unAmerican anti-American pro business corporation that pushes the interest and rights of business and corporations at the expense of the individual's Constitutional rights. These guys are bad ones, boyz!
Of course they are. It doesn’t take a keen detective to figure out that this bullcrap is coming from a common source. Most state legislators are so dumb they can’t even sign their own name. That’s a perfect environment for these unAmerican legislative interest groups to push their cut and paste legislation to undermine one of the greatest things in our country, our public school systems.

I won’t benefit from this proposal. But, I do think educational credits should go to the family to make the best decision for their family.
Not be locked into attending a poor school just to protect the existing funding system.
That's not how it's going to work and you pretending otherwise doesn't protect your imaginary moral high ground.

WTF? If this goes through you get your tuition subsidized. At least be honest about that.

Edit to note that I am assuming your kids go to Regina based on what a previous poster said. If that's not the case then it may not help you directly but certainly will benefit many who are able and willing to pay for private school now.

Of course they are. It doesn’t take a keen detective to figure out that this bullcrap is coming from a common source. Most state legislators are so dumb they can’t even sign their own name. That’s a perfect environment for these unAmerican legislative interest groups to push their cut and paste legislation to undermine one of the greatest things in our country, our public school systems.
Correct...a steak dinner, a free drink, a blow job and a free round of golf makes the world of politics go 'round at the state and more local levels. At least doctors insist on being wined and dined in warm weather resorts in the dead of winter, if their interests are to be compromised.

Answer the question or keep quiet. No deflections required.
As a CPA , absolutely yes. It all comes down to how much you spend vs your income, and then do you invest or does your wealth grow. If you spend 50k a year and make 125k, plus taxes of 10k, net wealth creation of 65k a yr. In 20 years you would have 2.4 million dollars and rate of return of 6% per a year. I have seen ample individuals who make tons of money and have nothing to show for it, and those who in general do not make much annually but have saved, and invested and done really really well.

This doesn't address the problem. If there is a teacher or school underperforming this should be addressed. Taking funding away doesn't do that and likely only exacerbates the issues at the school in question. Teachers need to be paid more, schools need more funding/resources and the students in the schools who create issues should face consequences... and if it comes to it be removed so those there to learn can do so without distraction and teachers can feel safe and do their job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT