ADVERTISEMENT

Reynold's popularity dropping like a rock...

Saw an interview, recently, with Reynolds regarding her plan to overhaul the AEA.
She's a horrible liar. She stated that the overhaul is not about $$$, then proceeds to say "Some AEA administrators have a compensation package exceeding $250k while Superintendents of Iowa school districts don't make anywhere near that".
Newsflash, you stupid beotch, a school district Supt is responsible for ONE school district.

Not about the $$$, my ass.
I watched a couple of school superintendents on Ch 8 Sunday AM, who actively support Reynolds’ and her AEA reform…..Ingteredstingly, the 2 supers were from Okoboji and Spirit Lake……about 5 miles from eachother in NW Iowa. Both school come from “wealthy” districts and I think that slants their opinions somewhat….but I found it interesting that the 2 “supporters” were from the Home of Iowa MAGAness, and within a few miles of eachother…..

Saw an interview, recently, with Reynolds regarding her plan to overhaul the AEA.
She's a horrible liar. She stated that the overhaul is not about $$$, then proceeds to say "Some AEA administrators have a compensation package exceeding $250k while Superintendents of Iowa school districts don't make anywhere near that".
Newsflash, you stupid beotch, a school district Supt is responsible for ONE school district.

Bransted had his issues but he’s a thousand times better than Kimmy is.
She stated she gives full support for something that we know is against the law and constitution. If she doesn’t know basic legal rights don’t you think she isn’t qualified for the job, or is more involved than she has let on to up to this point.

If you also can’t make an informed decision after the information that has already come out . . . You are a moron.
His head is so far up his ass he can lick the roof of his mouth. Dude is shit worthless.

What authority does she have to interfere in another department's case? Cite the law.
Looks like Brenna is doing something

The DCI’s disturbing conduct came to light because the athletes’ attorneys were able to issue investigative subpoenas and compel the deposition testimony of DCI agents to learn state agents gathered digital evidence of student gambling without first providing sufficient legal justification for a judge to issue a search warrant.

Bills now before the Legislature — pushed by Attorney General Brenna Bird, the DCI and a state senator who is a DCI agent — would virtually eliminate the use of investigative subpoenas and the ability of criminal defendants to take sworn testimony from witnesses and investigators.

Exceeding $250k? If that's true then reform is in order.

Reactions: DogBoyRy
DM Register polling released today.

Dropped from 59% approval to 49% approval.

Meanwhile, more Iowans saying the direction of the State is worsening.

And better yet, Rob Sand approval soaring!!!!!!

Maybe there is hope in Mississippi North?

LOfreakingL
Hows the vegetable in the white house polling looking?

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
Can't get teacher contracts out the door when the State doesn't give school boards needed information on their budgets. My wife is going to leave the profession for a much better paid job b/c she is sick of it. And she is really good at her job.
My wife said to me yesterday that she might retire in Iowa and move across the river and teach in Illinois to end her career.

Link to court ruling?

There are other court cases regarding illegal search and seizures.

Prosecutors in Story County are dropping charges against current and former Iowa State University athletes charged with sports betting because Iowa investigators “exceeded” the permitted use of geofencing software, according to “newly discovered evidence.”

DCI’s use of the product was revoked Jan. 24 of this year, due to concerns about the division’s use, the motion noted.

The prosecutors investigated the allegations as soon as they received the defense attorneys’ information and confirmed them to be accurate, according to the motion.

defense attorney for two athletes filed motions in January to dismiss their charges, arguing the use of geofencing amounted to a “warrantless search” that invaded students’ privacy.

The prosecutors pulled the damn case because they knew what the outcome of the court case. Are you this dense really?????

A democratic State Senator posted yesterday that teachers who have worked a few years and make 40K, for example,will be making less next year than first year teachers. The money won’t go towards those teachers to bring pay up to match the rookies.

Also, I was told today by our union rep that TQ money that has been spread out to teachers the last few years will not be available to us anymore since it’s being used to pay for the raises for 1st years.

Then, speaking of vouchers, my co-worker’s husband just quit the district to be a PE teacher at a local private school. They’ve never had one but because of the increase of money to the school, due to our tax dollars, they can afford one. Effing Kim.

Go to any rural Iowa town on Friday nights in the Fall and see how many residents identify with the local high school. Start messing with and undercutting the ability of those schools to exist as previously structured is - dare I say - what a certain opposing party should make as the lead campaign issue in next cycle.

From the article,”For Reynolds, 49% of respondents approve of her performance, compared with 48% who disapprove, her slimmest approval margin in the Iowa Poll since March 2021, when she was 1 point underwater. ”

She won the governor race in 2022 at 59% I think

From the article,”For Reynolds, 49% of respondents approve of her performance, compared with 48% who disapprove, her slimmest approval margin in the Iowa Poll since March 2021, when she was 1 point underwater. ”

She won the governor race in 2022 at 59% I think

Yeah but the Dems were gonna defund the police on 2022

Reactions: Tom Paris

There are other court cases regarding illegal search and seizures.

Prosecutors in Story County are dropping charges against current and former Iowa State University athletes charged with sports betting because Iowa investigators “exceeded” the permitted use of geofencing software, according to “newly discovered evidence.”

DCI’s use of the product was revoked Jan. 24 of this year, due to concerns about the division’s use, the motion noted.

The prosecutors investigated the allegations as soon as they received the defense attorneys’ information and confirmed them to be accurate, according to the motion.

defense attorney for two athletes filed motions in January to dismiss their charges, arguing the use of geofencing amounted to a “warrantless search” that invaded students’ privacy.

The prosecutors pulled the damn case because they knew what the outcome of the court case. Are you this dense really?????

Did you even read the whole article? Including the state's response?

There has been no ruling by the court regarding the legality of the search.

DPS stands by it's use.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Did you even read the whole article? Including the state's response?

There has been no ruling by the court regarding the legality of the search.

DPS stands by it's use.
The state defending their position . . . really??? You can't have a ruling when the charges are dropped dipshit. Why has their geofence license been dropped if they did nothing wrong. You are a shill and nothing more.

The state/county prosecutor stated the search went over the line. They dropped the charges. DCI response is more CYA. Don't worry more will come out in a lawsuit.

Last edited:
He's referring to the AEA that oversees and assists hundrrdss of school districts across the State. And each of the nine AEAs is tasked with this. The vast majority of Iowa schools use AEA services.

Keep up.
I don't think it's going to happen for the guy.

Reactions: cigaretteman
A democratic State Senator posted yesterday that teachers who have worked a few years and make 40K, for example,will be making less next year than first year teachers. The money won’t go towards those teachers to bring pay up to match the rookies.

Also, I was told today by our union rep that TQ money that has been spread out to teachers the last few years will not be available to us anymore since it’s being used to pay for the raises for 1st years.

Then, speaking of vouchers, my co-worker’s husband just quit the district to be a PE teacher at a local private school. They’ve never had one but because of the increase of money to the school, due to our tax dollars, they can afford one. Effing Kim.
What is TQ?

TQ, stands for Teacher Quality, a short term funding source.
IIRC, we initially had that added to our pay by Branstad, when he got teacher pay to the middle from 45th in the nation. Terry made me feel good about the vote I gave him. Kim…no chance in hell I could vote for her.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT