ADVERTISEMENT

Reynolds takes aim at AEAs

I'm so glad I'm not raising kids in Iowa. Good lord. It just is sad to see what is happening to the University of Iowa under her reign. Is Iowa even ahead of Nebraska anymore? I think so, but they used to rank in the middle of Big 10 schools and now I think they are in the bottom 3 or 4. And it costs more to go there. What a waste.

At least the athletic program is mostly watchable.
You are a clown

I've sat back and marveled at the fact that no one from your side has made this very point.

All these these voucher threads and I just sat here waiting for one of you to point this out.

I'm not going to do the work for you guys.

Amazing that it took this long.

Kudos to you though.
Thanks, now when are you going to answer my question about the population of the locale that you live?

There has always been school choice. I am against public money being used to fund private schools.

You're a moron.
Let me know when that extends to the small private colleges in the state.....

Schools made this bed with the exact attitudes demonstrated in this thread.

Reactions: Pinehawk
Do you understand WHO the AEAs are designed to help primarily? It has nothing to do with “home life” and a helluva lot more about providing a quality education for these folks.
Yep...and they decided all on their own to expand the scope of their mission. Which is one of the things being reviewed. Not to mention are they effective

How many parents do you know in Iowa that are paying $7,635 per kid in state taxes? (None) There are whole lot of us that have no children in school contributing to the education of Iowa children. If we are going to give tax payers an education choice I want a voucher that I can give to the local public school.

It's BS that parents are just getting their "tax" money back to pay for private school.
That’s a great point. Kim would give me $30,000 of taxpayer money to send my four kids to private school? Is that how it works?

Let me know when that extends to the small private colleges in the state.....

Schools made this bed with the exact attitudes demonstrated in this thread.
WTF are you talking about? Why would it extend to any private college, large or small? Private schools should be funded by private $$ solely.

That’s a great point. Kim would give me $30,000 of taxpayer money to send my four kids to private school? Is that how it works?
Yes, each voucher is worth $7,635 so depending on the number of children you could easily get $30.000 or more in vouchers. Do you even pay enough in state taxes to fund one voucher for your children? I doubt it, most parents don't.

I've sat back and marveled at the fact that no one from your side has made this very point.

All these these voucher threads and I just sat here waiting for one of you to point this out.

Kudos to you though.
How much did you pay for roads last year? Things like roads and schools are a benefit to all citizens. You not doing work is pretty much your MO.

How much did you pay for roads last year? Things like roads and schools are a benefit to all citizens. You not doing work is pretty much your MO.

Lucas,

You do realize that you've been paying transportation costs for private school students for years now, correct? Yet not a peep out of you on that one.

As previously stated, I go back and forth on this voucher thing. It's complicated. A significant portion of the state does not having easy access to private schools. On the other hand, the politicalization of some public schools is also of concern.

Perhaps a good compromise would be a voucher equal to that of a parent's tax bill for their public school, which in many cases would be below the current amount allotted.

Last edited:
If you want to educate millions of ILLEGAL ALIEN children who pay no taxes which fund public education, something has to give!

Lucas,

You do realize that you've been paying transportation costs for private school students for years now, correct? Yet not a peep out of you on that one.

As previously stated, I go back and forth on this voucher thing. It's complicated. A significant portion of the state does not having easy access to private schools. On the other hand, the politicalization of some public schools is also of concern.

Perhaps a good compromise would be a voucher equal to that of a parent's tax bill for their public school, which in many cases would be below the current amount allotted.
That's wrong too but a fraction of the hundreds of millions they will spend on vouchers.

It's not complicated at all. This is public money that will benefit religious organizations and those who could already afford to send their kids to private schools at the expense of public school education.

You are trying desperately to make it more complex to justify supporting Reynolds.

If you have 4 kids, yes. And if the school will accept them. Pretty soon she will give you those $$ for home schooling them too. What could go wrong?
“The state” has been sending $$$ to Iowa’s private colleges for a number of years…It is a token amount but it has been a practice in place for some time. (Like maybe $1000/ Iowa student attending the school????) However it is nothing like the amount of tax $$ Kim and the Legislature has ok’d for Iowa’s private and parochial schools this past legislative session.

@Pinehawk , I know you are a big proponent of vouchers because it benefits you and your school, but what did I say that is so funny. Do you disagree that parents are not alone in funding the vouchers? Do you pay enough in Iowa taxes to offset the amount the state gives you in order pay for your children to attend private school?

Here's one of my posts you thought was hilarious. Please tell me why you think this fact is funny.

Yes, each voucher is worth $7,635 so depending on the number of children you could easily get $30.000 or more in vouchers. Do you even pay enough in state taxes to fund one voucher for your children? I doubt it, most parents don't.

Kudos to you though.
Sure you have.

Reactions: bojihawk44
I have zero confidence that Kim has the children’s best interest in mind, so I’m sure she’s going to F this up. My wife works for the AEA and the front line workers do amazing work at lower than market wages. With that being said, could they be top heavy? Maybe. Fix that and pay the actual workers who interact with the kids and teachers daily. They need more money, not less. We have a surplus, effing use it.

@Pinehawk , I know you are a big proponent of vouchers because it benefits you and your school, but what did I say that is so funny. Do you disagree that parents are not alone in funding the vouchers? Do you pay enough in Iowa taxes to offset the amount the state gives you in order pay for your children to attend private school?

Here's one of my posts you thought was hilarious. Please tell me why you think this fact is funny.
Don’t bring that grifting asshole into the conversation. He’s been wrong since day one of vouchers and lies about it.

Liberals as they see Kim-
giphy.gif

Reality-
200w.gif

Liberals as they see Kim-
giphy.gif

Reality-
200w.gif
So you're an advocate of the voucher program Kim has put in place? The one that will spend hundreds of millions of dollars on private education that was already being funded by the families who choose to attend? The one that subsidizes religious schools and the well to do parents who have already shown they can afford private education? The one that will pay parents to keep their children out of both public and private schools in the future? The one with no oversight?

That one?

No, that's you guys. You want to regulate what people read, who they screw, what sites they visit online, and who gets on social media. But sure, it's Democrats who want to be everyone's "mommy and daddy".
Ya sure! I don’t give a phuck what anyone does as long they pay for it and hurt no one but themselves in the process.

• Haha
Reactions: bojihawk44
So you're an advocate of the voucher program Kim has put in place? The one that will spend hundreds of millions of dollars on private education that was already being funded by the families who choose to attend? The one that subsidizes religious schools and the well to do parents who have already shown they can afford private education? The one that will pay parents to keep their children out of both public and private schools in the future? The one with no oversight?

That one?
Yes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT