ADVERTISEMENT

Reynold's Tuesday presser...

Well I can't vote for bit party govt Republicans now can I so where am I supposed to go. Sadly Democrats are now more closely aligned with individual liberties than Republicans are bc of the MAGAs, it is sad but the party of Reagan is dead.

You would be surprised at what I am willing to say to peoples face, I certainly don't mind individual confrontation.
Well fight bar it is then.

Reactions: unIowa
Yes...LETS GO!

But not until after vaccine, bars are hot spots for C19 spread...duh.
You know I haven’t had a good fight in awhile. I seriously wouldn’t mind testing my mettle again;).

Whats your height? Need to know now if I should plan some of my more , let’s say, less than legal moves. Eye gouge, nut kick, kick to the knee just to name a few. I can always dig out the karate kid stuff too. I saw the movie years ago, worked there so......

I hope she gets COVID and dies or decides to drink and drive again and wraps herself around a pole, she is a giant POS that is doing way too much damage to the state of Iowa and it’s people than what she is worth...what a giant POS.
I'm not sure I've ever agreed with haw-key but I do in this case. This is a terrible, terrible thing to wish for and reflects that you are an awful person.

You're refusal to answer how you know where Kimmy's gd's go to school tells us one thing... you know the Governor, personally, or are a relative/friend. That certainly explains your unwavering support of her in these threads.

And that's wonderful. It's just important for others to realize your motivation in defending her.

I answered your question.

Hmmmm.... makes one wonder why you're less than transparent with that info.

Riley who cares, except for you its irrelevant to the topic at hand. Even if he is neighbors with Reynolds and has talked with her, his opinions matter. He just has a different perspective than you. Lets not make this a witch hunt. You are using datapoints to push your agenda and viewpoint. I do give you props for calling out uniowa though.

Riley who cares, except for you its irrelevant to the topic at hand. Even if he is neighbors with Reynolds and has talked with her, his opinions matter. He just has a different perspective than you. Lets not make this a witch hunt. You are using datapoints to push your agenda and viewpoint. I do give you props for calling out uniowa though.
I don't care about it. I think his sophomoric manner of hiding from the question deserves to be called out.

I am using datapoints as the basis for my viewpoint. I realize doing so is devastating to the arguments others pose based on their gut feeling or what they heard. So be it.

I don't care about it. I think his sophomoric manner of hiding from the question deserves to be called out.

I am using datapoints as the basis for my viewpoint. I realize doing so is devastating to the arguments others pose based on their gut feeling or what they heard. So be it.

Dude, don’t be weird. I was just providing some info I felt was pertinent. It is no sweat off my sac if you believe me or not.

I'm not sure I've ever agreed with haw-key but I do in this case. This is a terrible, terrible thing to wish for and reflects that you are an awful person.

She is the one sending teachers out to catch C19 of which some will die bc of it. I really don’t like people who require this to please their audience of one in DC.

Last edited:
Every district had to come up with 3 plans, in person only, hybrid and online only. They did and the plan that would work best for their community. Reynolds overruled that and has put a directive for in person everywhere. Some districts are challenging her. Some are falling in line. What teachers and children will do is yet to be determined and there seems to be no plan of action from the state for anything other than teachers and children in the classroom. Not to mention what happens when there is an outbreak in a school. There's no mandate on masks either. It's a disaster waiting to happen.

She and those supporting her are just big govt republicans like their MAGA boy Trump. To hell with local control, right guys!

Reactions: mstp1992
Iowa has already had more die from C19 in the past 5 months than the amount of people who die all year from auto accidents...this comparison is stupid.

Reactions: bojihawk44
You know I haven’t had a good fight in awhile. I seriously wouldn’t mind testing my mettle again;).

Whats your height? Need to know now if I should plan some of my more , let’s say, less than legal moves. Eye gouge, nut kick, kick to the knee just to name a few. I can always dig out the karate kid stuff too. I saw the movie years ago, worked there so......

Im short, you don’t want to allow me to get close...jab and move to keep distance. :D

Reactions: haw-key
Dude, don’t be weird. I was just providing some info I felt was pertinent. It is no sweat off my sac if you believe me or not.
Lol - who's being weird? You didn't provide info - you were asked a direct question and chose a childish non-answer. Man up and say you're not going to answer or better yet, STFU.

Reactions: MitchLL

You are using a yearlong datapoint as your baseline rather than looking at the current death rates. You are sophomoric at best. By your logic, we should take the average score of the knowledge basis from the students on a test like the Iowa basic skills and average them together, rather than look at their most recent test to see what their current levels are. Who does that?

Also there is no need to call out other posters regarding relationship or their specific viewpoints. I don't agree with your viewpoint, however I understand where you are coming from though. I am not however, digging in further to basically call you out. Be better than that, and I know you are not the only one.

Iowa has already had more die from C19 in the past 5 months than the amount of people who die all year from auto accidents...this comparison is stupid.

Where to start, where are the majority of deaths occurring the nursing homes. 50% of the deaths are in the nursing home, of those deaths, 90% of those are individuals with life expectancies of generally a year or less. Its a timing issue, and they are dying a month, 2 months possibly 2 years earlier than had a flu came through or other co-morbidity arose and caused them to lose their life. These are compromised individuals. Twice while I was a nursing home administrator I had the flu come through and devastate my facility. In one case I had a census of 52, and through the deaths dropped to 38. By the end of the year my census was back to 52. I had much less deaths the rest of the year because my compromised individuals had all passed away. The other issue is the Covid we are dealing with now, is not the Covid we were dealing with 5 months ago, because we are treating it better. I wish we had shut down longer, I truly do, but we can't go back and change that data point. With the current status of covid there is no point to shut down again.

Where to start, where are the majority of deaths occurring the nursing homes. 50% of the deaths are in the nursing home, of those deaths, 90% of those are individuals with life expectancies of generally a year or less. Its a timing issue, and they are dying a month, 2 months possibly 2 years earlier than had a flu came through or other co-morbidity arose and caused them to lose their life. These are compromised individuals. Twice while I was a nursing home administrator I had the flu come through and devastate my facility. In one case I had a census of 52, and through the deaths dropped to 38. By the end of the year my census was back to 52. I had much less deaths the rest of the year because my compromised individuals had all passed away. The other issue is the Covid we are dealing with now, is not the Covid we were dealing with 5 months ago, because we are treating it better. I wish we had shut down longer, I truly do, but we can't go back and change that data point. With the current status of covid there is no point to shut down again.

Who is asking for a full shutdown, just asking for common sense mitigation which means some industries that result in large gatherings of people indoors likely need to have their activities suspended until community spread is under control.

Who is asking for a full shutdown, just asking for common sense mitigation which means some industries that result in large gatherings of people indoors likely need to have their activities suspended until community spread is under control.

So you are asking for continued shutdown of schools. If it is large gatherings, then churches, all large businesses, pork plants ect. need to be closed down. To me there should be consistency across the board and that is where some individuals are questioning why teachers think there well being is better than everyones else. We have all been throw into this and have had to adjust and take proper precautions. I feel comfortable with masks and social distancing in schools. The risk to children is fairly inconsequential. The risk to children of not having proper structure and education is setting up a large chunk of children for failure down the road. I feel that is a bigger risk. And don't kid yourselves, if these kids aren't in school, they will likely be in daycare with other kids not following social distancing. I know that is where my kids are right now with 13-15 other kids in a smaller house.

So you are asking for continued shutdown of schools. If it is large gatherings, then churches, all large businesses, pork plants ect. need to be closed down. To me there should be consistency across the board and that is where some individuals are questioning why teachers think there well being is better than everyones else. We have all been throw into this and have had to adjust and take proper precautions. I feel comfortable with masks and social distancing in schools. The risk to children is fairly inconsequential. The risk to children of not having proper structure and education is setting up a large chunk of children for failure down the road. I feel that is a bigger risk. And don't kid yourselves, if these kids aren't in school, they will likely be in daycare with other kids not following social distancing. I know that is where my kids are right now with 13-15 other kids in a smaller house.
Are your kids at a daycare with 70 year old caretakers? Don't kid yourself... there's a LOT more than just the health of the kids here.

We all want in person learning if conditions were normal. They're not normal.

Children can learn remote or might I suggest outdoor classroom settings until the weather changes in October (go remote on days you know bad weather is coming through). Also schools will act as super spreader hubs to all of the community, which sadly I think some of you want as you have moved on from herd immunity thoughts to a culling of the herd mentality, which has been the most disappointing thing to see work its way into our society. Meat plants have lots of workers but they are a drop in the bucket compared to the number of kids that will be school across our community, state, country...this is what hub spreading will look like:

source.gif

The computer simulation is correct as no one wins with our current strategies, our economy will be on life support and shit will start rolling downhill faster than ever from there.

Are your kids at a daycare with 70 year old caretakers? Don't kid yourself... there's a LOT more than just the health of the kids here.

Not even normal, just not with the wide spread we have in most communities today. Frankly we effed this up in May when governors and Trump himself did an immediate shift in direction after coming out with some common sense guidelines. Don't blame the people who want to be responsible now and wanted to be responsible then, blame the I NEED A HAIRCUT AND CHEESEBURGER NOW people...where we are today, this shit is all their fault.

Children can learn remote or might I suggest outdoor classroom settings until the weather changes in October (go remote on days you know bad weather is coming through). Also schools will act as super spreader hubs to all of the community, which sadly I think some of you want as you have moved on from herd immunity thoughts to a culling of the herd mentality, which has been the most disappointing thing to see work its way into our society. Meat plants have lots of workers but they are a drop in the bucket compared to the number of kids that will be school across our community, state, country...this is what hub spreading will look like:

source.gif

The computer simulation is correct as no one wins with our current strategies, our economy will be on life support and shit will start rolling downhill faster than ever from there.

You show me a preschool through 2nd grade child than can learn remotely without parental support, internet ect. I have some swampland to sell you.

Who said anything about 70 year old caretakers other than you. In my school district there are very few teachers over the age of 54 because they all generally take the early retirement packages. As I stated earlier, my school district is different but they are setting up those teachers who do not want to teach in person to lead the online classes. FYI my current care taker is 58, you want to shut her down too?

You show me a preschool through 2nd grade child than can learn remotely without parental support, internet ect. I have some swampland to sell you.

Yeah...its a pandemic and it sucks. Too bad we didn't take it more seriously in mid/late May when the I NEED A HAIRCUT people won the reopening argument, now here we are...thanks a lot to those people.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
Reynolds announced a week ago they would be changing data collection.

I wonder what the motivation could have been?

Oh yeah... now I remember... she wants school in person.

Meanwhile... Kimmy is closing in on 1,000 dead Iowans. But they were gonna die anyway.:rolleyes:

BTW: under CDC guidelines on positivity in school districts/Counties, 23 Counties would shut down in person schooling. In Kimmy's "metrics", only 6 would qualify for shutdown. Not hard to see why Reynolds is being "creative" with her calculations.

Last edited:
Yeah that’s not it. Try being honest with yourself and your analysis and not look at it thru the lens of your politics.

I do it with Trump. It’s not all’s that hard.

For example, many of Trump’s replies in his recent interview this last week were idiotic. He was woefully unprepared and needs, in this moment, a better grasp of data and facts and not how state simply how he feels about things.

I clearly lean way right but sometimes for ones own intellectual barometer you need to step back and really look fairly at situations and events. Very few leftists on here can do that. @BlackNGoldBleeder does. His politics and mine do not align but he tends to call em fairly. @Joes Place cant see anything but bad. I haven’t heard him admit to positive news in months. @RudoIph used to be fair minded but he went of the deep and and went full nut job.

Maybe not in this case but usually you do a pretty fair job as well honestly.
Dude accuses me of not being fair-minded, tagging me while simultaneously having me on ignore. Lol. Has me on ignore because I exposed him of making up entirely invented positions and then attributing them to me. Gee, now that seems fair-minded! Upon being exposed, he remained indignant, as though it was my fault that he made up his invented reality.

You are a ƒucking idiot, @haw-key. A coward.

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT