ADVERTISEMENT

Rise of the bromance: ‘Young men engaging in close friendships, expressing feelings like never before’

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
With concepts/terms such as "bromance", "homiesexual", and "brojobs" coming about, I was definitely born about 40 years too soon.

‘He is always there to listen’: Friendships between young men are more than just beers and banter​

Male friendships are often presented in the media and popular culture as relatively superficial, competitive and lacking in emotional depth. With this in mind, it’s not entirely surprising that some people seem to think men have a problem with friendships. While women may be especially quick to draw this conclusion, the idea exists in society as a whole.

Men, we are led to believe, either have low quality friendships, or not enough of them. They lean on women for intimacy, shying away from deep and real connections elsewhere. All of this supposedly increases their chances of loneliness, dysfunction and even suicide. But is this the whole story? Link above for remainder...

Reactions: NDallasRuss
I'm old school where I let my bros know I like them by calling them a piece of shit or letting them know they are ugly AF.

Reactions: EasyHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT