ADVERTISEMENT

Rivals: Iowa one of the worst P5 programs at turning talent into wins.

Ferentz held Lloyd Carr in high esteem and he knew Campbell was a good fit for our pro-set O. Further, there is no dispute that Campbell's guys produced. Furthermore, part of why Kirk is typically so well-liked by his coaching staff is because he gives them a lot of autonomy ... he's definitely not a micromanager. I suspect that a number of those considerations factored into Campbell's long leash. However, ultimately, you have to remember that he wasn't retained after the '12 season .... and Ferentz has rarely been a guy who is quick to fire somebody out of hand (he's very deliberate and detail-oriented).
Always valuable info, I do however disagree that he doesnt have some micro management to him. The guys coaching tree doesnt fork. If he was truly someone who embraced creativity and people adapting and growing "we" would have seen some guys hired away. Off the top of my head I cannot think of anyone who started under, grew, and then took a more advance job somewhere else.

Joe Philban* there has been 1. 1 guy that learned the ropes under him and was plucked away.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoelBittner
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT