ADVERTISEMENT

Ron DeSantis destroyed Tim Walz

KFsdisciple

HB Legend
Jul 3, 2003
RDS

DeSantis: Why Did "Mind-Your-Own-Business" Tim Walz Set Up A Snitch Hotline During Covid?​

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v..._hotline_during_covid.html#comments-container

Posted By Tim Hains
On Date August 8, 2024

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis commented on a line in Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz's stump speech on the campaign trail with Kamala Harris where he says his philosophy of government is to "mind your own damn business."

"Then why did you set up a snitch hotline for neighbors to report their neighbors for violating your draconian Covid restrictions?" DeSantis wondered. "That's not minding your own damn business. That's government overreach."

"And he'll say, 'Make your own healthcare choices.' That's fine, then why did he impose a mandate to take an experimental Covid MRNA shot on your people?"

RON DESANTIS: They're asking me about this Walz from Minnesota.

Here's the thing. As Florida governor, I learn a lot about other states because when people leave those states, they tell me why they left those states.

I remember during Covid, the absolute frustration that people had moving from Minnesota because of how they were being treated.

This is a guy who's out there with a line in his stump speech saying, 'Our neighbors can do what they want, mind your own damn business.' Why did you set up a snitch hotline for neighbors to report on their neighbors for violating your draconian Covid restrictions? That's not minding your own damn business! That's government overreach.

And he'll say, 'Make your own healthcare choices.' That's fine, great. Then why did he impose a mandate to take an experimental MRNA Covid shot on your people? He did that for all state employees.

I don't think it was constitutional, it certainly wasn't giving them an option for something that just came on the market. Are you kidding me? This is absolutely ridiculous. And on and on it goes about the policies that were done that have given them a net decrease in population.

Related Topics: Ron DeSantis, Election 2024, Tim Walz, COVID-19 Consequences

The "snitch" hotlines in some states were pretty Orwellian.

We kind of lost our minds a bit during covid...

But in my "bOTHsiDEs" way (@lucas80) I can give it a pass as long as we learned something from the over reaction. I'm probably being overly optimistic on that front though...

We did go a little nutso though :)

But in my "bOTHsiDEs" way (@lucas80) I can give it a pass as long as we learned something from the over reaction. I'm probably being overly optimistic on that front though...

I don't like it, but I understand the "why" behind it... but to come out after that and tell people who don't agree with you to "mind your own damn business" is grand leftist hypocrisy

Walz also required old people with covid to go back into nursing homes, which resulted in Minnesota having a higher nursing home death rate than New York. He killed off a lot of old people with that misguided policy.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
Walz also required old people with covid to go back into nursing homes, which resulted in Minnesota having a higher nursing home death rate than New York. He killed off a lot of old people with that misguided policy.
DeathWalruz?

The only thing Ron DeSantis has ever destroyed is fashion:

1995eed0-d8d3-4702-8019-1234c2f7c539-DeSantis_White_Boots_01.jpeg

He sent seniors from overcrowded hospitals where there is high risk of infection back to nursing homes where there is a high risk of infection. I'm glad I didn't have to make that decision. He doubles down in a 2022 interview on WCCO radio:

Host Chad Hartman then asked: “So you’re OK with how you handled the nursing home situation?”

“With the information we had at the time and the results that we got, yes,” the governor replied.

Not a little, a lot. There's a difference in putting out unconstitutional restrictions and then getting people to report violations along with it.

DeSantis isn't free from criticism on this, he just came to his senses a little quicker than most of the blue state governors. He closed restaurants and bars. Then allowed bars to be open at reduced capacity but only if they served food. And so on, and so on. To his credit, he did a lot in the early testing period to make sure underserved neighborhoods got free testing before the vaccines rolled out, and prioritized nursing homes for food and supplies.

Not a little, a lot. There's a difference in putting out unconstitutional restrictions and then getting people to report violations along with it.

DeSantis isn't free from criticism on this, he just came to his senses a little quicker than most of the blue state governors. He closed restaurants and bars. Then allowed bars to be open at reduced capacity but only if they served food. And so on, and so on. To his credit, he did a lot in the early testing period to make sure underserved neighborhoods got free testing before the vaccines rolled out, and prioritized nursing homes for food and supplies.
He also took criticism for choosing Publix for the vaccine roll out rather than Wal-Mart. But the facts supported that call because we have more Publix's than Wal-Marts in Florida. The average Floridian lives within like 2 Miles of Publix but not a Wal-Mart.

True. Hopefully we learned some lessons but as always politics probably prevents us from learning them.

I just remember the media freaking out about the beaches opening back up down here...DeathSantis.

One of the safest places to be in hindsight.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT