ADVERTISEMENT

Ross p?

still has not been drafted? Shoulda been a Hawk, jk.
Yep, he'll always have the natty rings, but if his #1 goal was playing on Sundays then he made a terrible decision. Hope he ends up crying about it over beers at the local tavern.. and he's forced to try and use those natty rings as down payment on a trailer. Sweet justice for us Hawkeye fans.

I doubt he has regrets. Played for 4 national titles, winning two. 3 conference titles. Started 57 games.
I'd rather play for my dream school than a title, honestly. As a kid how many grew up dreaming of playing for the hawks? How many grew up dreaming of a college national title? Super bowl....sure :).

I think I'd rather have a couple million more in the bank and lived out my childhood dream. If he is happy with his choice, then good for him. I don't know him so I have no clue....

There would be no guarantee he’d be drafted if he stuck with Iowa. Lots of multi year starters on the line at both Bama and UI go pro in something other than football.

That said, there’s probably more than one bartender in Iowa that might spit in his beer mug before serving him.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
I grew up a Hawkeye and never would have gone to another school but, if you will pardon me, I find it unbecoming to keep hammering Ross P. Iowa was a dumpster fire at the time he made his decision. At virtually every other school in the country, the head coach would have been fired. No matter how much he always wanted to play for Iowa, the timing for Ross P. was terrible. I was disappointed to lose a highly rated, homegrown OL, but it's not like the young man spurned Iowa for Nebraska or Iowa State. He had a tremendous career, one that 99% of college football players can only dream about. I hope he gets drafted, has a solid NFL career, and some day will think kindly of the team he loved as a kid, the Iowa Hawkeyes, while cherishing the big stage he played on at Alabama.

I grew up a Hawkeye and never would have gone to another school but, if you will pardon me, I find it unbecoming to keep hammering Ross P. Iowa was a dumpster fire at the time he made his decision. At virtually every other school in the country, the head coach would have been fired. No matter how much he always wanted to play for Iowa, the timing for Ross P. was terrible. I was disappointed to lose a highly rated, homegrown OL, but it's not like the young man spurned Iowa for Nebraska or Iowa State. He had a tremendous career, one that 99% of college football players can only dream about. I hope he gets drafted, has a solid NFL career, and some day will think kindly of the team he loved as a kid, the Iowa Hawkeyes, while cherishing the big stage he played on at Alabama.
Iowa was not a dumpster fire at the time.

Sweet justice for Iowa fans? He is getting drafted. Bama produces just as many if not more Olineman than Iowa. Come on.... it stings but he did NOT make a mistake. Just laughable
it is very difficult to "produce" nfl OL when you have only have 15 or 20 4/5* OL on your roster(many of which are 5*).....
Give us a dozen or more epenesas and I think we would probably be pretty good too
talk about laughable :)

Reactions: hawkosx
I find it unbecoming to keep hammering Ross P. Iowa was a dumpster fire at the time he made his decision.
That's when a persons true colors come out...when the chips are down and the decision is at its toughest. Anyone can take the easy road when it's presented. Those with character and integrity won't typically bail on their commitment -- and he was committed at the time, and that's what most of us are really pissed about. They'll take on the challenge of wanting to help 'the school of their childhood dreams' get back on top. Others will simply go the easy route and skip off to where the grass is greener. In RP's case, he went to a program that wouldn't have missed a beat with or without him. At Iowa his contribution would have meant a helluva lot more.

Hope he enjoys those rings while watching former Hawkeyes play on Sunday.

Do they or do they not get drafted at a higher rate? Yes or no? Including Jonah Williams at 11 this year. They produce in the league. Plus 4 ... I repeat 4 NT appearances and 57 starts. Iowa is great at it but it’s not like he went to a school that isn’t an NFL factory.

I stand by my laughable comment

Do they or do they not get drafted at a higher rate? Yes or no? Including Jonah Williams at 11 this year. They produce in the league. Plus 4 ... I repeat 4 NT appearances and 57 starts. Iowa is great at it but it’s not like he went to a school that isn’t an NFL factory.

I laugh at your nub squad...you're dismissed.

Reactions: thecarls
I will always say there was something shady that went down with his bama recruiting. Let's not forget he picked Iowa over Notre Dame the team that was runner up in the national championship game that year. Yes they were extremely over matched vs. Alabama. But how Alabama came out of the blue to have him sign there always seemed shady.

We dont get the talent they do, period.

You have no clue if he would have been better if he came here. Of course we can't say for sure he would have.
How many 5* OL has bama signed in the last 5 years? How many has Iowa signed?

Most schools are a dumpster fires compared to compared to what Alabama has been doing. ;)

I don't get the hatred. He went to a school that regularly plays for a national championship. He was never in trouble and was respected by everyone down there. A lot of tiny-unit envy on display here.

One of my employees is good friends with RP. There is so much misinformation regarding him it’s laughable. Iowa was not trending the right direction when RP flipped to Bama. Great kid. Smart kid. I hope he has a long, solid career. Some of you guys wishing ill will on a kid are pathetic.

That's when a persons true colors come out...when the chips are down and the decision is at its toughest. Anyone can take the easy road when it's presented. Those with character and integrity won't typically bail on their commitment -- and he was committed at the time, and that's what most of us are really pissed about. They'll take on the challenge of wanting to help 'the school of their childhood dreams' get back on top. Others will simply go the easy route and skip off to where the grass is greener. In RP's case, he went to a program that wouldn't have missed a beat with or without him. At Iowa his contribution would have meant a helluva lot more.

Hope he enjoys those rings while watching former Hawkeyes play on Sunday.
clearly he wasn't that committed ;)

Ross cost himself a lot of money going to Bama. Hope he enjoys those dime a dozen titles.

One of my employees is good friends with RP. There is so much misinformation regarding him it’s laughable. Iowa was not trending the right direction when RP flipped to Bama. Great kid. Smart kid. I hope he has a long, solid career. Some of you guys wishing ill will on a kid are pathetic.
I can live with myself.

Home state kid, pissed all over his “dream school” ...worst of luck to him.

Reactions: mrF6n6
No point in arguing with someone who thinks a kid made a "terrible decision" by going to play college football at Alabama. I mean that's next level stupidity right there. I just thought you should know.
Still several levels below you.

Next.

I don’t wish ill will on the kid but I could really care less how he does. To choose Alabama from the get go would be one thing but to decommit from your home state school That you grew up loving like that when we need all the talent we can get? It was a crap move then and it still is in my book so who cares how he does

I wonder why he would commit to Iowa initially if he thought Iowa was trending down?
2014 was an ok 7-5 season in which we blew a 17 point lead vs Nebby. .not a disaster. .and a prelude to a perfect season in 2015.
No hard feelings to Ross.Just wish he was a Hawk. He will now join Scherff in D.C. as a 5th rounder.

Iowa has not been a dumpster fire for almost 20 years. They’ve had ups and downs, but they have never been anywhere close to a dumpster fire. Just compare them to Illinois, who has been a dumpster fire more recently.

I agree. I don’t think he is regretting his decision one bit. Bama produces plenty of OL to the NFL. If he went to Iowa not like it would have made him a higher draft pick. No way of knowing. But it’s not like his college coach isnt well respected by nfl coaching circle with drafting their players. Redskins are loaded with former Bama players. Sometimes we fans got to take off the black and gold blinders.

I don’t wish ill will on the kid but I could really care less how he does. To choose Alabama from the get go would be one thing but to decommit from your home state school That you grew up loving like that when we need all the talent we can get? It was a crap move then and it still is in my book so who cares how he does

This.

"Never a Hawk". NEXT!

I wish him the best. He is an Iowa native. I want him to succeed.
Negative.

Sends the wrong message to other highly rated in-state kids. Especially OL, which is the position our state excels at producing. We want them here, not at the “Alabamas” of the world. If he fails in the NFL, we can use it in recruiting. That’s what we want.

Reactions: mrF6n6
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT