ADVERTISEMENT

Rules on jersey numbers

Max_Rebo

HR All-State
Jan 1, 2023
Did the NCAA change the rules on what numerals can be used on basketball jerseys? It used to be, you could only use digits 0 through 5. But I see Rutgers has a #9. And glancing at their roster, they also have a #7. First time I’ve seen college players not using the traditional numerals.

Did the NCAA change the rules on what numerals can be used on basketball jerseys? It used to be, you could only use digits 0 through 5. But I see Rutgers has a #9. And glancing at their roster, they also have a #7. First time I’ve seen college players not using the traditional numerals.

Rule changed this past off season.

Reactions: Max_Rebo
It's about time. Football instituted that change years ago.

MV5BNjFlZTU0NzItZTQ4Mi00ODUzLTk0YWUtN2EzZjc2NTcwMzdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDgyNjA5MA@@._V1_.jpg

Thanks for the info. Surprising that none of Iowa’s freshman grabbed one of the new numbers.

With as many numbers as Iowa has that are out of circulation, this will be a good change.
Yes, I'm sure with numbers being retired it was time to consider using other numbers. Frankly the refs spend so much time going to the scorers table anyway, they probably figured what the hell..... :rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT