ADVERTISEMENT

Russel Wilson Released -

2 seasons of salary cap pain, but with the salary cap increasing more than expected this year, still a survivable mistake if they play their cards right.
They kind of had to do it. The Bucs have $75 million in dead money and they just extended Mike Evans. It's not a death knell...but not ideal.

Reactions: WadeLookingbill
2 seasons of salary cap pain, but with the salary cap increasing more than expected this year, still a survivable mistake if they play their cards right.
They could survive it, just have absolutely no room for error as you said. And in a tough division.

they still owe him $39M ??

If he is designated as a post-June 1st cut, he will count as a $35.4 million dead cap hit in 2024 and a $49.6 million dead cap hit in 2025.

Ouch

One of the most overrated quarterbacks in NFL history. Denver's ownership should can anyone involved in making that trade (if they haven't already).
The GM is still there....but I think Sean Peyton is calling all the shots.

One of the most overrated quarterbacks in NFL history. Denver's ownership should can anyone involved in making that trade (if they haven't already).
Pretty sure all the owners are gone. I think George Paton is the only one that remaining from that trade.

They're aiming for a draft QB, likely JJ McCarthy.

The net worth gap between the Bronco's owner and the 2nd most wealthy owner is 40 billion.

That gap is twice as much as the net worth of the 2nd most wealthy owner ( 20 billion)

That blows me away.

Reactions: Moral
They could survive it, just have absolutely no room for error as you said. And in a tough division.
Extremely tough division.

This year should be ok cap-wise as the QB money allocation should be survivable with Stidham and a rookie QB (plus the aforementioned flexibility with increased cap across the NFL). 2025 makes me more anxious (as a season-ticket holder), the front office better hit with the rookie QB.

Extremely tough division.

This year should be ok cap-wise as the QB money allocation should be survivable with Stidham and a rookie QB (plus the aforementioned flexibility with increased cap across the NFL). 2025 makes me more anxious (as a season-ticket holder), the front office better hit with the rookie QB.
I don't think they're any worse off in the division today without Wilson than yesterday with Wilson. Obv it wasn't working out between him and Payton and I think they're ready to just pull the bandaid off on the Wilson trade.

They're not beating KC for the division, but they could sneak in a wildcard spot by the end of the year.

Reactions: WadeLookingbill
gf2_1.jpg

I don't think they're any worse off in the division today without Wilson than yesterday with Wilson. Obv it wasn't working out between him and Payton and I think they're ready to just pull the bandaid off on the Wilson trade.

They're not beating KC for the division, but they could sneak in a wildcard spot by the end of the year.
Don’t see it, not in the AFC that is loaded with quality QBs.

NFC, you could convince me almost anybody has a chance at playoffs.

I think you’re right about Caleb. Wilson doesn’t want to compete for starter and will be expensive. I think they should stick with fields and draft a qb later in the draft. Broncos are paying him a lot to get lost. Not much of a Wilson fan.

I think you’re right about Caleb. Wilson doesn’t want to compete for starter and will be expensive. I think they should stick with fields and draft a qb later in the draft. Broncos are paying him a lot to get lost. Not much of a Wilson fan.
You think someone will pay big bucks to get him? I was thinking he’d be lucky to get picked up at all…..will be interesting to see where he ends up if at all.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Yeah I think he would be an expensive backup. He is going to want starter pay. I think he goes to the raiders

As a Seahawks fan, I disagree with "most overrated".

Back to back SB years he was pretty damn good - he made Favre type bonehead plays occasionally, but more often than not he was pretty solid.

He had a stellar defense most of his tenure at Sea, but he's not a guy that's going to raise the whole team around him.

He's simply an aging QB in today's NFL who had a damn good agent who got him a damn good deal. Past his prime now.

Reactions: millah_22
Yeah I think he would be an expensive backup. He is going to want starter pay. I think he goes to the raiders

You think someone will pay big bucks to get him? I was thinking he’d be lucky to get picked up at all…..will be interesting to see where he ends up if at all.
He’s only going to be expensive for the Broncos though. As I understand it, whoever picks him up will pay ~$1.2mil this year and the Broncos will owe the rest (~$38 mil). It’s a very low risk move for some team.

I didn’t realize that. It will make him one of cheapest QB in the entire NFL. He will have many choices at that price.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT