ADVERTISEMENT

Russel Wilson Released -

As a Seahawks fan, I disagree with "most overrated".

Back to back SB years he was pretty damn good - he made Favre type bonehead plays occasionally, but more often than not he was pretty solid.

He had a stellar defense most of his tenure at Sea, but he's not a guy that's going to raise the whole team around him.

He's simply an aging QB in today's NFL who had a damn good agent who got him a damn good deal. Past his prime now.

He was a game manager that got carried by his HOF defense and Beast Mode on those 2 Seattle Superbowl teams. He's Kirk Cousins with better PR and talked about him like he was a Top 3-5 QB his last few years in Seattle

The Broncos coach must be thinking of becoming Trump’s running mate this Fall. He’s a pretty good football coach but with a HUGE ego problem. He, like #45 always has to be right...and in today’s world of sports, that is not a recipe for long term success. Star plYers have earned (and deserve to some extent) special treatment. Their dust-up on the sidelines this season was totally uncalled for and 100% on the coach. Just mt opinion. Not a Russell Wilson fan but the guy deserves better treatment...and honestly a better coach to play for.

Sean Payton is nothing like 45. Really shouldn’t bring that evil piece of scum into the thread. He is more like Kirk or Bill.

Sean Payton is nothing like 45. Really shouldn’t bring that evil piece of scum into the thread. He is more like Kirk or Bill.
I respectfully disagree.
Sean Payton is an asshole, 1st class. He honestly should have been permanently banned from football for life after being proven of sponsoring his “bounty” scheme a few years ago at NO.
He has a tremendous self-serving ego. It is truly “all about me, first”....He thinks his shit doesn’t stink. People are better off staying away from him. He is so goddamned similar to Donald J. Trump, it is sickening.
I am not a fan of Payton’s....and a pox upon the Bronco’s and their ownership for hiring this jerk.

Reactions: Firekirknow
The Broncos coach must be thinking of becoming Trump’s running mate this Fall. He’s a pretty good football coach but with a HUGE ego problem. He, like #45 always has to be right...and in today’s world of sports, that is not a recipe for long term success. Star plYers have earned (and deserve to some extent) special treatment. Their dust-up on the sidelines this season was totally uncalled for and 100% on the coach. Just mt opinion. Not a Russell Wilson fan but the guy deserves better treatment...and honestly a better coach to play for.

Jesus. What a ****ing pathetic turd you are.

Steelers just traded Kenny Pickett to the Eagles. Apparently, he wasn't thrilled when the Steelers signed Wilson.

Bye GIF by MOODMAN

Reactions: JupiterHawk
"Oh goodie. Our troubles are over," said absolutely no Stillers fans anywhere. But if this is what it took to offload "Can't Spell Pickett without 'Pick'", then maybe it'll be worth it in the very, very long run.

Meanwhile, Ol' Doodle's weekly painful déjà vu of watching two teams with identical strengths, weaknesses, and uniforms back to back every Saturday and Sunday in the fall appears to be steamrolling ahead unabated.

Reactions: the24fan
"Oh goodie. Our troubles are over," said absolutely no Stillers fans anywhere. But if this is what it took to offload "Can't Spell Pickett without 'Pick'", then maybe it'll be worth it in the very, very long run.

Meanwhile, Ol' Doodle's weekly painful déjà vu of watching two teams with identical strengths, weaknesses, and uniforms back to back every Saturday and Sunday in the fall appears to be steamrolling ahead unabated.
thankful to see KP8 shipped out of the burgh.
Never should have been drafted 20 and only was due to his time at Pitt.
I love Omar Khan. Cuts dead weight and he's finally cleaning up the mess Kevin Colbert left us with.
Wilson should do fine with the talent around him and a very good Stiller defense w newly acquired Patrick Queen....

thankful to see KP8 shipped out of the burgh.
Never should have been drafted 20 and only was due to his time at Pitt.
I love Omar Khan. Cuts dead weight and he's finally cleaning up the mess Kevin Colbert left us with.
Wilson should do fine with the talent around him and a very good Stiller defense w newly acquired Patrick Queen....
Khan is doing a great job. Getting rid of malcontents is job one. I am guessing they trade for Fields. Also hearing one of the top WRs is still being worked on. Great offseason.

Khan is doing a great job. Getting rid of malcontents is job one. I am guessing they trade for Fields. Also hearing one of the top WRs is still being worked on. Great offseason.
Doodle's still not sold on Russ having much tread left on the tires....but hopefully better than rollin' the dice any longer with Kenny Small-Hands.

Tyler Boyd would be a good start . I fully expect them to take a WR in the 2nd round of the draft as well

Reactions: jasonrann
All we have is hope at this point, old buddy.
For once I actually think they might have decided to stop living in the dark ages and actually keep up w the rest of the league. They let the old “Steeler way” hold them back too long. Khan and Weidel seem to get it. 4 picks in the top 98 should do them some good this year

Reactions: jasonrann
All we have is hope at this point, old buddy.

For once I actually think they might have decided to stop living in the dark ages and actually keep up w the rest of the league. They let the old “Steeler way” hold them back too long. Khan and Weidel seem to get it. 4 picks in the top 98 should do them some good this year
Steelers got Justin Fields, conditional 4th round pick!

Steelers got Justin Fields, conditional 4th round pick!
Let's see how it plays out.

But the stats are these. 16 of the last 20 Super Bowls were won by teams with a QB they drafted. And 2 of the other 4 won by "retreads" were all-time greats Brady in Tampa and Manning with Denver.

Doodle's not sayin'... he's jus' sayin'.

I bet the Brown’s front office is celebrating the fact they signed a bonafide “maybe” for several millions of $$$$ more than their bitter and most hated rival now! That Brown’s brain-trust just fooled them Steelers, some more!! o_O
Old man Rooney never saw it coming!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT