ADVERTISEMENT

Russia’s 4 years

ihhawk

HR Legend
Feb 4, 2004
Fort Lauderdale
its amazing to look back at Russia 2012 compared to Russia 2016. Romney being mocked on national tv about Russia’s geo political threat from the POTUS. The media jumping on to make Romney look out of touch with modern foreign policy. Obama telling Dimitri to tell Putin to wait until after the election because he could be more flexible.

Then boom, 2016. Any republican who has spoken to a Russian must have colluded. Russia is now the evil empire again.

That was a fast 4 years

its amazing to look back at Russia 2012 compared to Russia 2016. Romney being mocked on national tv about Russia’s geo political threat from the POTUS. The media jumping on to make Romney look out of touch with modern foreign policy. Obama telling Dimitri to tell Putin to wait until after the election because he could be more flexible.

Then boom, 2016. Any republican who has spoken to a Russian must have colluded. Russia is now the evil empire again.

That was a fast 4 years

Watch out bro, the HROT Resistance™ is going to hate this post.

Difference is that Putin blamed Hillary for later problems in the Ukraine and started a vendetta against her. Yes, a lot can change in 4 years.

Reactions: Torg and BioHawk
Clinton stepped down as SOS in Jan of 2013.

Russia didn’t invade Ukraine until Feb of 2014. A full year later.
Did Russia invade Ukraine or did Obama overthrow a democratically elected leader in Ukraine? Did they then finance neo-Nazis to carry out an extermination program in SE Ukraine to weed out a population that voted overwhelmingly for Russian ally, Yanukovych?

Question: did Romney give any specifics about Russia? Or was it just a generalized statement?

That was a fast 4 years
Ah, the whole Russian thing is a charade. Worthless NYT already admitted this week that its all made up.

Did Russia invade Ukraine or did Obama overthrow a democratically elected leader in Ukraine? Did they then finance neo-Nazis to carry out an extermination program in SE Ukraine to weed out a population that voted overwhelmingly for Russian ally, Yanukovych?

Take it easy, Simple Jack.

Reactions: lucas80
I agree that Romney hit the nail on the head with his concerns. Unfortunately Mitt was treated very, very unfairly!

It is almost like he was the smartest guy in the room, hell maybe the country, too bad he came off as a cold robot as I think he had some skill sets that would have been valuable to have in a govt full of bloat (outside of the whole war mongering thing that most Rs and Ds subscribe to).

Hillary had the same cold, out of touch demeanor (but she was not robotic like Mit...she just came off as a total bitch which is worse).

That was a fast 4 years

What about the Trump republican love for Russia and Putin. Don’t you think that is a bit more amazing considering this was Reagan’s party?

Last edited:
Reactions: mstp1992
What about the Trump republican love for Russia and Putin. Don’t thought think that is a bit more amazing considering this was Reagan’s party?
What do you think of the Obama regime planting CIA/ FBI people into Trump's campaign? How un-American in the USSA.

It is almost like he was the smartest guy in the room, hell maybe the country, too bad he came off as a cold robot as I think he had some skill sets that would have been valuable to have in a govt full of bloat (outside of the whole war mongering thing that most Rs and Ds subscribe to).

Hillary had the same cold, out of touch demeanor (but she was not robotic like Mit...she just came off as a total bitch which is worse).
Romney would have been a great president.

Yes, Obama did show flexibility when Putin bent him over and put him away wet. Seriously, when you look back what in the hell was going on in the 8 long years under Obama?

That was a fast 4 years
Is this your justification for being ok with the Trump/Russia ties?

Good question. I only remember Obama’s mockery.

You mean, "the 1980's are calling, they want their foreign policy back" line. Truly cringe worthy line. Should go up there with Bush's "Mission Accomplished" banner.

OP is spot on, a lot has changed in 4 years. It's one of two things, either Obama's mishandling of foreign policy allowed the Russians to regain stature and power on the world stage or the media is just pushing a bunch of BS about the Russians making them the boogeyman tool they are using to take down Trump. So which is it?

Reactions: unIowa
You mean, "the 1980's are calling, they want their foreign policy back" line. Truly cringe worthy line. Should go up there with Bush's "Mission Accomplished" banner.

OP is spot on, a lot has changed in 4 years. It's one of two things, either Obama's mishandling of foreign policy allowed the Russians to regain stature and power on the world stage or the media is just pushing a bunch of BS about the Russians making them the boogeyman tool they are using to take down Trump. So which is it?
Or maybe Trump has some pretty shady dealings going on-- which is far more likely than your other 'conclusions'. Blaming Obama for Trump's corruption?

Who tweeted "We need a special investigation to figure out how Obama lured all of Trumps associates into lives of crime"?

Do I think Trump's people are totally clean? No. Do I think they conspired with the Russians to take down the country? No. Do I think Hillary's people were totally clean? No. Do I think it's possible the Obama administration had the FBI plant somebody in the Trump campaign as alleged? Yes.

Bottom line is this, the level of power that these entities are vying for makes politics a very dirty game. They all have dirt, Republicans, Democrats, every single one of them. If you are a pure and honest candidate you will be crushed.

Agree with earlier poster that Romney would have made a great President. McCane would have been a good one too, so would have Bob Dole back in the 90's. We've been picking the wrong President for quite some time.

Do I think Trump's people are totally clean? No. Do I think they conspired with the Russians to take down the country? No. Do I think Hillary's people were totally clean? No. Do I think it's possible the Obama administration had the FBI plant somebody in the Trump campaign as alleged? Yes.

Bottom line is this, the level of power that these entities are vying for makes politics a very dirty game. They all have dirt, Republicans, Democrats, every single one of them. If you are a pure and honest candidate you will be crushed.

Agree with earlier poster that Romney would have made a great President. McCane would have been a good one too, so would have Bob Dole back in the 90's. We've been picking the wrong President for quite some time.

Totally agree 100%
HUGE mistake not getting Romney elected in 12 for this country.

So more minimalizing of more corruption because 'other people' are dirty too. And, frankly, Dole and McCain would have been bad presidents. Crap, didn't McCain have Sarah Palin on his ticket. Are you kidding Joe?

Lots to dislike about this post.

Reactions: mstp1992 and unIowa
I agree that Romney hit the nail on the head with his concerns. Unfortunately Mitt was treated very, very unfairly!
How was he treated unfairly?

2 things we do know -

1. Russia hacked into the DNC.
2. Not 1 indictment for doing so.

So more minimalizing of more corruption because 'other people' are dirty too. And, frankly, Dole and McCain would have been bad presidents. Crap, didn't McCain have Sarah Palin on his ticket. Are you kidding Joe?

Lots to dislike about this post.

Yeah McCain would have been bad as his pick of Palin shows not only a lack of judgement on his part (or a lack of control on who he was able to pick) but it also shows how hollow our politics has become where marketing and branding is more important than picking good and competent leaders for the country.

Reactions: obfuscating
Yeah McCain would have been bad as his pick of Palin shows not only a lack of judgement on his part (or a lack of control on who he was able to pick) but it also shows how hollow our politics has become where marketing and branding is more important than picking good and competent leaders for the country.

I agree. Obama was terrible. Complete failure of a POTUS.

Unless we change as a country we are going to be doomed to electing horrible presidents and leaders. The best amongst us wants nothing to do with the BS and corruption in politics.

Reactions: obfuscating
"Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result" - America.

We have to make these positions non-career. What they pass, they so shall live by.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT