ADVERTISEMENT

S&P 500 closes at a fresh record, Nasdaq jumps nearly 3%

I've been shorting this board's conservatives and it's been very profitable.

‘Twas a very good day for the 401k.
I thought this was very good news, but when I made sure my MAGA friends and family were aware, they said this is all driven by Black Rock and Vanguard, 2 extremely woke organizations pushing DEI and they are in cahoots with the Biden admin to prop him up to get reelected and it isn't real. Said I need to google them and get a clue. I didn't find much damning evidence in my cursory google search.

I've been shorting this board's conservatives and it's been very profitable.

There are some good ones in there. This one from June 30th 2023 is pretty good, when NVDA was priced at $423, and now $785.

I missed NVDA on the way up and didn't get in. I would avoid now. I bought Intel at its absolute low and am still holding but thinking of selling before recession.

Nvidia is in freaking beast mode right now. Microsoft soon to follow.

Nasdaq will hopefully set an all time high tomorrow.

Reactions: MitchLL
Is a pullback inevitable for NVDA? $1.94 TRILLION market cap with 103 P/E ratio is insane.

Or will this post age as well as the one from @Gonolz above?

I am seeing a p/e ratio of 56., which is high. However, If you read or heard their earnings report, 56 isn't all that scary for a company like nvidia right now.

The 103 P/E listed on Google might be based off of last quarter's earnings?

Either way, I bought MU and INTC a while back instead of NVDA, so now I have the sads.

I am seeing a p/e ratio of 56., which is high. However, If you read or heard their earnings report, 56 isn't all that scary for a company like nvidia right now.

And look at where it is now compared to a year ago

Reactions: luvmyhawks
I was just watching this today. I prefer these guys to the All in Podcast. There is a case to be made on its valuation considering the growth of data centers is projected to grow from a 1 trillion dollar market to 2 trillion dollar market in five years. I have no position.

Reactions: HawkMD and hawkosx
I was getting a feeling that the market was on the verge of a downturn. I'm probably going to take some off the table soon and not get greedy,

The market has been on a heater since late October. It does feel like we're due for a pullback.

What say you @bunsen82?

Keep it cooking boyz. Bought three $690 call options on nvda around noon yesterday and held onto them through the day and sold one late in the day. Have to sell the other two tomorrow.

Reactions: HawkMD
The market has been on a heater since late October. It does feel like we're due for a pullback.

What say you @bunsen82?
Hard to say. Keep an eye on small caps, they Are extremely undervalued. I feel Nvidia and AI stocks may be tad extended. I never chase high growth stocks. Honestly fork in the road, slight slowdown in economy possible recession, with inflation remaining sticky, or inflation continues to decline. And small caps take off.

There are some good ones in there. This one from June 30th 2023 is pretty good, when NVDA was priced at $423, and now $785.

Yeah, I really made some bad calls last year. I didn't think the market would keep going strong. I made a little money and could have made a lot. Oh, well, that is life.

Yeah, I really made some bad calls last year. I didn't think the market would keep going strong. I made a little money and could have made a lot. Oh, well, that is life.

At least you're putting your positions out there, my comment is more so a testament to the insane run for Nvidia

I did buy three $690 nvda calls (2/23). Bought them on Tuesday. Held them through Wednesday and and thank the good Lord, I didn’t sell off during the day on Wednesday. Still hold one of the three at a 280% gain today. Made the most I’ve ever made in one day.

I saw a local financial planner today and he said to continue to stay in cash and also invest in the Trump shoes. Almost no chance of trademark infringement and they are sure to go up in value. He’s chairman of our county GOP so is in the know.
I know I’m heavy into Trump shoes! MAGA fashion ware is always stylish…..and generally a winner!

Reactions: EasyHawk and HawkMD
We're throwing all our money at our mortgage right now. Hoping to have it paid off free and clear by this time next year.

What’s your %rate Trad? Unless it’s high, enjoy the cheap money..you won’t see it again… and if it’s bleeding the banks, even more to enjoy!
Nobody goes broke paying off debt. Knew of a high flier who loved debt. Between that and trusting the wrong individual, poor financial habits and interest ate them up. What could have been. On top of the world, now nothing to show for it. Kept saying I can make a better rate of return than the banks are charging me.

Reactions: EasyHawk and HawkMD
Nobody goes broke paying off debt. Knew of a high flier who loved debt. Between that and trusting the wrong individual, poor financial habits and interest ate them up. What could have been. On top of the world, now nothing to show for it. Kept saying I can make a better rate of return than the banks are charging me.
To each their own.
I would never be in a hurry to pay off my house if the rate was 3% (where I had it)…Cash is more important to me… I have a car loan at 0% that I can pay off too…. But again, I’d rather keep my cash “just in case”..

What’s your %rate Trad? Unless it’s high, enjoy the cheap money..you won’t see it again… and if it’s bleeding the banks, even more to enjoy!

We're not paying any interest on anything except for the mortgage.

And with the new tax law (thanks, Trump) our mortgage interest doesn't do anything for us anymore.

If we can burn the mortgage papers we'll owe NO INTEREST to ANYONE!

Even the new Tradmobile was purchased with 0% interest.

At first I objected, but Mrs. Tradition (no pics) convinced me that the benefits of eliminating that interest was probably a smarter play than plowing money into a stock market that's hitting the highest of highs. What goes up must come down.

And we're only talking about < 1 year of not throwing everything into the market in order to pay off the mortgage.

To each their own.
I would never be in a hurry to pay off my house if the rate was 3% (where I had it)…Cash is more important to me… I have a car loan at 0% that I can pay off too…. But again, I’d rather keep my cash “just in case”..
I paid off my house in 7 years at shade under 3%. You need emergency fund for 6 months, after that start paying down the debt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT