ADVERTISEMENT

Sadly, I think Trump will win again

Maybe it’s different in the battleground states (I hope?) but I just don’t see any cohesive strategy from the Dems. It can’t be just Biden and Harris - all the others need to help. What is the message other than “We’re not Trump!”

So frustrating.
3WL6.gif

Maybe it’s different in the battleground states (I hope?) but I just don’t see any cohesive strategy from the Dems. It can’t be just Biden and Harris - all the others need to help. What is the message other than “We’re not Trump!”

So frustrating.

I completely agree. The Ds are inept. They regularly lose winnable presidential elections. This is who they are. The professional Dem political class is perfectly ok with this. They will have jobs and will make more money under a Cheeto second term. The same is true for the donor class.

The, “I’m not a Nazi” platform is good enough for me. But it’s hard for Biden and the Democrats to not get drowned out on the 24 hour news cycle when every single day, 45* is doing or saying something batsh** crazy.

So frustrating.

Call me crazy, but the "we're not Trump" message sounds pretty good to me.

The, “I’m not a Nazi” platform is good enough for me. But it’s hard for Biden and the Democrats to not get drowned out on the 24 hour news cycle when every single day, 45* is doing or saying something batsh** crazy.
This is very true. But that’s his aim, isn’t it?

Where are the Dems to say listen to us, don’t go chasing that rabbit down the hole?

I largely agree. Biden should be out/only every day being seen and being heard. There are likely a lot of people buying into the "Biden's old and infirm" story. If it's not true, then have him out there all the time - even if it's just appearing on Conan, Tonight Show, etc to make jokes and seem likable - it makes people realize that he's actually alive.

Right now all you've got is Trump being covered 24/7 and the other guy, who only pops his head out occasionally. He needs to be getting covered talking about what he's going to do - not just who he's not - to sell himself as a good choice, not just the less-bad choice.

It's like with sports - it seems like he's playing not to lose, rather than playing to win. We know what happens when a team settles into a deep zone and blows it by letting the other team march the ball down the field.

I largely agree. Biden should be out/only every day being seen and being heard. There are likely a lot of people buying into the "Biden's old and infirm" story. If it's not true, then have him out there all the time - even if it's just appearing on Conan, Tonight Show, etc to make jokes and seem likable - it makes people realize that he's actually alive.

Right now all you've got is Trump being covered 24/7 and the other guy, who only pops his head out occasionally. He needs to be getting covered talking about what he's going to do - not just who he's not - to sell himself as a good choice, not just the less-bad choice.

It's like with sports - it seems like he's playing not to lose, rather than playing to win. We know what happens when a team settles into a deep zone and blows it by letting the other team march the ball down the field.
Great analogy!

The absolutely horrifying part of every one of those is how close they are. In a sane country, Trump wouldn't pull 20%.
The only reason you believe Biden should get over 20% is because he's running (by and large) against Trump. Sadly the same could be said for Trump getting over 20%-- because he's running (by and large) against Biden. In a sane country neither Trump or Biden (or Hillary in 2016) would get over 20%. But this isn't a sane country and we once again have 2 crappy candidates to choose from.

One more thing, and "binsfield" kinda touched on it... mail in ballots and early "in person" voting... all due to Covid, will greatly favor Biden. That, in effect, means Trump only has 2-3 weeks to change opinions.

Nothing I've seen or read points to Trump making up the current gap. The real question to me is how much more the Dems increase their House majority and can they get to 51/52 seats in the Senate?

NC/CO/AZ/ME all look like GOP Senate losses. Losing AL still gives the Dems a 50/50 and that's ok with Biden winning. Winning IA or MT would be gravy for the Dems.

Reactions: naturalmwa

So frustrating.

I agree. It seems Dems have learned nothing from 2016. My guess, though, is Biden wins a nail-biter. Months of drama and court proceedings will ensue. Grab your popcorn.

The only reason you believe Biden should get over 20% is because he's running (by and large) against Trump. Sadly the same could be said for Trump getting over 20%-- because he's running (by and large) against Biden. In a sane country neither Trump or Biden (or Hillary in 2016) would get over 20%. But this isn't a sane country and we once again have 2 crappy candidates to choose from.
No way. Biden may not be your preferred D candidate, but they are not even close to the same “crappy candidate.” Not even remotely close.

I completely agree. The Ds are inept. They regularly lose winnable presidential elections. This is who they are. The professional Dem political class is perfectly ok with this. They will have jobs and will make more money under a Cheeto second term. The same is true for the donor class.
Sounds like Iowa football

Reactions: ParkerHawk
The absolutely horrifying part of every one of those is how close they are. In a sane country, Trump wouldn't pull 20%.
Yeah, it just goes to show that the democrats are so far worse that we still have a chance to save the country. Don't give up and become a sheep. Still support all that made this country great and not all that want to tear it down from the left.

Yeah, it just goes to show that the democrats are so far worse that we still have a chance to save the country. Don't give up and become a sheep. Still support all that made this country great and not all that want to tear it down from the left.

What's great about the country right now?

I get that you reject liberals. But what do you believe and how, specifically, is Trump going to get us there?
A Covid vaccine and a return to the lowest unemployment numbers among every demographic in history?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT