ADVERTISEMENT

Salem Oregon BLMs get attacked by Proud Boys

36f8bb69552e525f.png
I’m guessing his prison sentence will change his mind.

So you would’ve rather been born and currently live in Finland than America?

I didn’t say that. You’re getting into a weird hypothetical - so my life here never happened and I’m a 38 year old Finnish guy who's never known any better? Not playing that game.

Loved every second I spent in Munich. My wife lost her purse on the train into town from Paris. We went to the lost and found the next day and it was there with nothing missing. Fat chance of that happening here. The people were categorically in shape and good looking. It’s much cleaner there. At 5 each week day, hundreds of people hang out on the banks of the Isar River drinking beer, kicking soccer balls, playing frisbee, listening to music and there’s no trouble. That can’t happen here. That’s anecdotal, don’t know how much better Germany ranks than the US in the categories I listed. I assume considerably better across the board.

My friends and family are here. I own land here. Might as well make the most of it. It’s like being a Hawkeye fan. Lots of other schools have better teams, but Iowa is the one I was born rooting for. It would be delusional and obnoxious for me to constantly shout that Iowa is the greatest team in the world with no qualifications. Diehard Texas Tech or Cal or Michigan State fans don’t wish they were Iowa fans. They’re who they are, we‘re who we are.

I don’t wish I was another nationality, but if I was a Swede and I lost my job or was badly injured in an accident, I’d be a hell of a lot better off than as an American. Lots of other places do a lot of things better than we do here. There’s no clear cut #1 country in the world. There are 20-30 first world nations that do things better than the next tier. We’re in there somewhere.

I didn’t say that. You’re getting into a weird hypothetical - so my life here never happened and I’m a 38 year old Finnish guy who's never known any better? Not playing that game.

Loved every second I spent in Munich. My wife lost her purse on the train into town from Paris. We went to the lost and found the next day and it was there with nothing missing. Fat chance of that happening here. The people were categorically in shape and good looking. It’s much cleaner there. At 5 each week day, hundreds of people hang out on the banks of the Isar River drinking beer, kicking soccer balls, playing frisbee, listening to music and there’s no trouble. That can’t happen here. That’s anecdotal, don’t know how much better Germany ranks than the US in the categories I listed. I assume considerably better across the board.

My friends and family are here. I own land here. Might as well make the most of it. It’s like being a Hawkeye fan. Lots of other schools have better teams, but Iowa is the one I was born rooting for. It would be delusional and obnoxious for me to constantly shout that Iowa is the greatest team in the world with no qualifications. Diehard Texas Tech or Cal or Michigan State fans don’t wish they were Iowa fans. They’re who they are, we‘re who we are.

I don’t wish I was another nationality, but if I was a Swede and I lost my job or was badly injured in an accident, I’d be a hell of a lot better off than as an American. Lots of other places do a lot of things better than we do here. There’s no clear cut #1 country in the world. There are 20-30 first world nations that do things better than the next tier. We’re in there somewhere.

CSB- Id guess but TLDR

It’s the richest, but i’m not sure the greatest. Like a previous poster asked, what criteria are you making for such a bold statement? I assume you have traveled extensively to make such a claim. If you don’t mind, please share with the board all the countries you’ve been to?

Maybe I’m wrong.

Just name the country or countries you would have rather been born in and currently live. Should be easy, there’s over a hundred countries

You would’ve rather been born and currently live in Australia than America? Sweden? Freaking Canada?

Interesting. I’d guess more people in the world would pick America over those 3 combined.

You know how I know you’ve never been to Australia? The fact you would question it being better than the US. Having been to both, I would choose to live in Australia 10 out of 10 times except for the fact my family and businesses are here. It’s not enough to tear me away from family and business but it’s definitely significantly better than the US, especially at the moment.

Sydney and Melbourne (both of which I’ve visited) are significantly nicer than any city I’ve been to America. Immaculately clean on par with Toronto and Vancouver, friendly locals on par with....Toronto and Vancouver. Amazing food focused on fresh locally sustainable seafood and farms. Tons of brand new skyscrapers. Low crime rates especially violent crimes. Lots of things to do.

Let’s look at 4 cities: Chicago, New York, Sydney and Melbourne

Chicago: 2.7 million people. Per Capita Income: $34,775. Average House Cost: $329k. Murder Per Capita: 23.8.

NYC: 8.5 million people. Per Capita Income: $35,761. Average House Cost: $760k. Murder per Capita: 3.4

Sydney: 5.3 million people. Per Capita Income: $84,700. Average House Cost: $955k. Murder Per Capita: 0.1.

Melbourne: 4.9 million people. Per Capita Income: $70,500. Average House Cost: $834k. Murder Per Capita: 2.2.

America’s wealthiest large city by Capita was San Fran at $71,340.

What a Sydney May look like

Aerial%20of%20Sydney%20harbour%20Opera%20House%2C%201905x1200.jpg

bondi-beach-picture-id908447524

australia-bondi-beach-tout.jpg

146.jpg

Hunter-Valley-Wine-Country-Copy.jpg

For the Magats who haven’t been to Sydney, unlike myself who spent quite a bit of time there, imagine a city 3/4 the size of NYC but 1.25 the money per Capita of San Fran our wealthiest city, where everything is cleaner and newer and the population just as friendly as Toronto or Vancouver, where (unlike San Fran with its cold foggy environs or the desert heat of LA) the month with the average hottest temp is only 79 and the month with the average coldest temp is only 49 with most of the year being a pleasant AC like low 70s during the day. Imagine that city is surrounded by some of the world’s best beaches, has a tropical rainforest like garden filled with wild parrots, cockatoos and fruit bats in place of where a Central Park would be. Imagine that city has one of the world’s best wine regions about 45 mins away, the world’s best cave system (Jenolan) for exploration and hiking about an hour and a beautiful Mountain range (The Blueys, called that because the Eucalyptus trees emit an oil Into the air that over long distances distort the light wavelength into rich blues) and amazing rock features also only about an hour from downtown.

Last edited:
You would think that the greatest country on the earth would be ranked higher than:

19th in the World Happiness Ranking ie how satisfied citizens are with their life

You know how I know you’ve never been to Australia? The fact you would question it being better than the US. Having been to both, I would choose to live in Australia 10 out of 10 times except for the fact my family and businesses are here. It’s not enough to tear me away from family and business but it’s definitely significantly

Sydney and Melbourne (both of which I’ve visited) are significantly nicer than any city I’ve been to America. Immaculately clean on par with Toronto and Vancouver, friendly locals on par with....Toronto and Vancouver. Amazing food focused on fresh locally sustainable seafood and farms. Tons of brand new skyscrapers. Low crime rates especially violent crimes. Lots of things to do.

Chicago: 2.7 million people. Per Capita Income: $34,775. Average House Cost: $329k. Murder Per Capita: 23.8.

NYC: 8.5 million people. Per Capita Income: $35,761. Average House Cost: $760k. Murder per Capita: 3.4

Sydney: 5.3 million people. Per Capita Income: $84,700. Average House Cost: $955k. Murder Per Capita: 0.1.

Melbourne: 4.9 million people. Per Capita Income: $70,500. Average House Cost: $834k. Murder Per Capita: 2.2.

146.jpg

For the Magats who haven’t been to Sydney, unlike myself who spent quite a bit of time there, imagine a city 3/4 the size of NYC but 1.25 the money per Capita of San Fran our wealthiest city, where everything is cleaner and newer and the population just as friendly as Toronto or Vancouver, where (unlike San Fran with its cold foggy environs or the desert heat of LA) the month with the average hottest temp is only 79 and the month with the average coldest temp is only 49 with most of the year being a pleasant AC like low 70s during the day. Imagine that city is surrounded by some of the world’s best beaches, has a tropical rainforest like garden filled with wild parrots, cockatoos and fruit bats in place of where a Central Park would be. Imagine that city has one of the world’s best wine regions about 45 mins away, the world’s best cave system (Jenolan) for exploration and hiking about an hour and a beautiful Mountain range (The Blueys, called that because the Eucalyptus trees emit an oil Into the air that over long distances distort the light wavelength into rich blues) and amazing rock features also only about an hour from downtown.

I admit, I'm jealous. Thanks for making me depressed. It's beautiful there.

Maybe I’m wrong.

Just name the country or countries you would have rather been born in and currently live. Should be easy, there’s over a hundred countries

Without even a second thought, if I could pick up my businesses and family and just move because I wanted to....I would easily choose the following countries to live in over the US, probably in this order:

New Zealand
Australia
Scotland
Canada
Wales
England
Denmark
Netherlands
Belgium
Monaco
Cayman Islands
British Virgin Islands
Switzerland

Those countries are the no brainers. Other than Canada, Wales, Scotland and England, they have higher per Capita salaries than the US and all have much happier citizens due to lower crime rates, less police oppression/murders, friendlier people as they don’t consist of Magats terrified of gays, browns, etc..., and are generally all around nicer places to live.

Then there’s a list of countries I wouldn’t consider no brainers but I would want to dig into it a little bit deeper to decide if I’d rather live there than the US (for example France has an infinitely better food and visual art culture but have worse music opportunities/venues and while their social systems are better they do make less per person). That list of countries I’d consider roughly on par with the US but not so much better that I would leave without reviewing deeper (and these are NOT in order):

France
Norway
Sweden
Ireland
Bermuda
Luxembourg
Germany
Japan
Seychelles
St Vincent and the Grenadines
St Lucia
Seychelles
French Polynesia

Last edited:
I admit, I'm jealous. Thanks for making me depressed. It's beautiful there.

My literal only two complaints about Sydney was 1) it is the most expensive city I’ve been in, it made my trips to London, Paris, NYC, Vancouver and other “expensive” cities seem cheap. 2) The traffic was a bit of a nightmare. Not as bad as NYC, LA, Houston or Atlanta but worse than any Florida city. But the people were ridiculously friendly and welcoming, the food was up there with New Orleans, Vancouver, Paris, and NYC as the best on the planet, and there was just so much to do in Sydney and the surrounding New South Wales area. They definitely had the best big city beaches I’ve ever been to (besting places like Honolulu, LA, Miami, St Petersburg, Jacksonville, Rio, and Virginia Beach EASILY. Only a few isolated and secluded beaches can beat Bondi, Manly and the other Sydney beaches).

Reactions: Rudolph
My literal only two complaints about Sydney was 1) it is the most expensive city I’ve been in, it made my trips to London, Paris, NYC, Vancouver and other “expensive” cities seem cheap. 2) The traffic was a bit of a nightmare. Not as bad as NYC, LA, Houston or Atlanta but worse than any Florida city. But the people were ridiculously friendly and welcoming, the food was up there with New Orleans, Vancouver, Paris, and NYC as the best on the planet, and there was just so much to do in Sydney and the surrounding New South Wales area. They definitely had the best big city beaches I’ve ever been to (besting places like Honolulu, LA, Miami, St Petersburg, Jacksonville, Rio, and Virginia Beach EASILY. Only a few isolated and secluded beaches can beat Bondi, Manly and the other Sydney beaches).

Thank you for posting about Sydney! I live here but couldn't write even close to what you wrote so eloquently. The only thing I'd take issue with is the food. I lived in New Orleans/S.Louisiana for 10+ years, so perhaps I'm spoiled, but food in Sydney(or all of Oz) doesn't even come close to comparing (IMO). Fresh, clean eating...no doubt...wide variety of cuisines, definitely...but there is nothing unique about Australian or modern Australian food.

And you are spot on about the cost of living here...Luckily the USD has been quite strong to the AUD, but I can't even sniff buying a house within 10km of the CBD for less than $1.5M.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Name a country.

Face it you were born in the greatest country on earth. You currently live in the greatest country on earth.
Countries that I’ve been to that are better than the US in many/most measurable qualities of life:

Switzerland (by a country mile)
Ireland (by a considerable margin)
Sweden
Finland

Countries I haven’t been to yet, but feel reasonably certain that I’ll find them to be better than the US is many measurable qualities of life:

New Zealand
Luxembourg
Austria
The Netherlands
Iceland

Countries that I’ve been to that are better than the US in many/most measurable qualities of life:

Switzerland (by a country mile)
Ireland (by a considerable margin)
Sweden
Finland

Countries I haven’t been to yet, but feel reasonably certain that I’ll find them to be better than the US is many measurable qualities of life:

New Zealand
Luxembourg
Austria
The Netherlands
Iceland
I guess weather is a non factor for you? Only been to Ireland and Iceland of those you list, but the weather is shit in both countries.

I guess weather is a non factor for you? Only been to Ireland and Iceland of those you list, but the weather is shit in both countries.
Weather is a consideration but not even close to THE consideration.

I live in FL now and the weather is shit here for 7-8 months of the year anyway.

Reactions: millah_22
Thank you for posting about Sydney! I live here but couldn't write even close to what you wrote so eloquently. The only thing I'd take issue with is the food. I lived in New Orleans/S.Louisiana for 10+ years, so perhaps I'm spoiled, but food in Sydney(or all of Oz) doesn't even come close to comparing (IMO). Fresh, clean eating...no doubt...wide variety of cuisines, definitely...but there is nothing unique about Australian or modern Australian food.

And you are spot on about the cost of living here...Luckily the USD has been quite strong to the AUD, but I can't even sniff buying a house within 10km of the CBD for less than $1.5M.

Australia does not make use of a lot of the local spices, herbs, fruits, vegetables and meats except at a few restaurants (and I did go to one that served aboriginal ingredients using French technique that I don’t think is still there), so you’re right that they (for the most part) don’t have their own unique local food.

BUT...like San Fran, Seattle, Vancouver and other big Left Coast cities, the big Australian cities have tons of amazing restaurants featuring cuisines from all over Asia. And not just the Americanized “Chinese food” and “Japanese food” we get here where over half was made up here and the other half has been so altered to not even be recognizable, but amazing regional specific Chinese, Indian, Japanese, Thai and other Asian foods. Just like America is slowly starting to see regional Mexican cuisines in the US, Australia has long had regional Chinese cuisines and not just the ubiquitous Cantonese, but Hunan, Fujian, Sichuan, Zhejiang, Shandong and more all of which are as completely different from one another as New Mexican is from Cajun and New England food is from the Low Country. And Sydney has plenty of choices from multiple Chinese and Indian cuisines. Meanwhile for the most, those of us in the US outside of NYC and the Left Coast just get American “Chinese” or more authentic Cantonese if we’re lucky.

The other thing that both Australia and New Zealand have going for it is that they have lots of British food that doesn’t royally suck. The stereotype is that British food sucks and other than a handful of well-known high end places in London and some closer to the farmland places in Wales I personally found that the stereotype that British food sucks to be very VERY accurate (I’m leaving Scottish food out, as I actually found the food in Edinburgh in particular but greater Scotland in general to be excellent but it’s got a lot of different dishes and the Scots seem to Purposefully employ a lot more French techniques and ingredients into their cooking to spite the “Anglish”). Literally, the worst meal I’ve had anywhere, not just abroad, was the meat pie with parsley liquor and mash and some jellied eels at the famous 130 year old L Manze restaurant in London. Ugh, I can still taste the lukewarm “sasparilla” drink they serve there which tastes absolutely nothing like an American sasparilla root beer and tastes more like warm medicine. But the main problem with all of the English and most Welsh food I had was that they seldom used fresh local ingredients, they seldom used any spices beyond pepper and salt, and they all seemed in a race to the bottom to use the worst quality beef and other meats.

So while I found a couple of decent places for standard British fare in Wales and England, if you just grabbed something because it was convenient, it was complete dog %*^*. Meanwhile, in Australia (and New Zealand equally), I found all of the little mom and pop places and local pubs to be absolutely excellent. The quality of the meats was significantly better (beef from Oz is as good or better than American beef but English and Welsh beef is barely fit for dog food), they actually used spices to liven up what in England and Wales was drab grey looking dishes with no flavor, and incorporated vegetables other than potatoes into nearly everything. While the famous L Manze meat pie and mash in London was just this terrible Hard pie crust filled with catfood quality beef minced so fine it was essentially a beef jello and surrounded by the blandest and water mashed potatoes and sickly green water “parsley liquor”....the equally famous Harry’s Cafe de Wheels tiger pie was by comparison a light and flaky crust filled with bite sized chunks of meat actually discernible as quality beef swimming in a rich buttery and savory gravy with thick creamy mashed potatoes and bright, sweet and fresh tasting mashed peas. The tiger pie from Oz may be my favorite savory pie ever (although a good Southern chicken pot pie may be up there) and the L Manze meat pie was the worst food I’ve tasted.

To illustrate what I mean, here’s some pics of the absolutely delightful Oz Tiger Pie I just described.

ba7e86666f6f1d9420be9d1fb4ce9d7b.jpg

harry-s-cafe-de-wheels.jpg

harry-de-wheels-tempe-sydney-02.jpg

And here’s that disgusting British %*%+ from L Manze.

M_Manze_Tower_Bridge_Road__Jonathan_Hatchman.0.0.jpg

Noted_Pie_and_Eel_House__Jonathan_Hatchman.0.7.jpg

20140126_111752_goddards_greenwich_pie_beef.jpg

But don’t forget the horror of a side of

south-london-club-pie-mash.jpg

And keep in mind those last pictures are of a restaurant “so good” in comparison to its English competition it has stayed in business for 130 years.

So that’s what makes Australian (and New Zealand) food so great. A much wider variety of Asian foods than we typical Americans can get and actually delicious versions of British food instead of the crap they eat back in the mother country.

Maybe I’m wrong.

I’m partial to Southern Europe. I’m not sure which country though. I’ve lived in Greece, spent about a month in both the French Riveria and Italy. Last year, I took the family to Barcelona and fell in love with it there. There is something about Mediterranean cultures that mix well with me. I feel I fit right in without missing a beat. They value the simple things in life that I also value.

Now back to you. What countries have you visited that makes The States your preferred country?

Without even a second thought, if I could pick up my businesses and family and just move because I wanted to....I would easily choose the following countries to live in over the US, probably in this order:

New Zealand
Australia
Scotland
Canada
Wales
England
Denmark
Netherlands
Belgium
Monaco
Cayman Islands
British Virgin Islands
Switzerland

Those countries are the no brainers. Other than Canada, Wales, Scotland and England, they have higher per Capita salaries than the US and all have much happier citizens due to lower crime rates, less police oppression/murders, friendlier people as they don’t consist of Magats terrified of gays, browns, etc..., and are generally all around nicer places to live.

Then there’s a list of countries I wouldn’t consider no brainers but I would want to dig into it a little bit deeper to decide if I’d rather live there than the US (for example France has an infinitely better food and visual art culture but have worse music opportunities/venues and while their social systems are better they do make less per person). That list of countries I’d consider roughly on par with the US but not so much better that I would leave without reviewing deeper (and these are NOT in order):

France
Norway
Sweden
Ireland
Bermuda
Luxembourg
Germany
Japan
Seychelles
St Vincent and the Grenadines
St Lucia
Seychelles
French Polynesia
I have similar constraints with my own business and family obligations. This is a very good list overall. The only quibble I would have is Japan (if you have family going with). From friends that live there as a white family they have experienced some racism and misogyny.

I would add to your list:
Costa Rica
Thailand
Germany (Berlin or Munich only though)
Italy (Tuscany or Lombardy only)

Name a country.

Face it you were born in the greatest country on earth. You currently live in the greatest country on earth.
No we’re not the greatest. I love my country and don’t want to live anywhere else but heck they are a lot of places here that do things better than they do where I live but I still don’t want to move. You need to travel some. It will open you eyes to a degree.

I have similar constraints with my own business and family obligations. This is a very good list overall. The only quibble I would have is Japan (if you have family going with). From friends that live there as a white family they have experienced some racism and misogyny.

I would add to your list:
Costa Rica
Thailand
Germany (Berlin or Munich only though)
Italy (Tuscany or Lombardy only)
I would add some the the eastern european countries also.

Must have been blatant assault for law enforcement to arrest some of them instead of giving them bottled water.

So you would’ve rather been born and currently live in Finland than America?
You can’t escape crap weather in Finland. It’s so bad it leads to a high amount of alcoholics that leads to a very high level of depression countrywide. Typically run a 9% unemployment rate so jobs are tough to find. Terribly expensive place to live. No where near the diversity of America.
Funny the first country these woke un-American bastards pick is always the ethnic homogeneous countries.

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
You know how I know you’ve never been to Australia? The fact you would question it being better than the US. Having been to both, I would choose to live in Australia 10 out of 10 times except for the fact my family and businesses are here. It’s not enough to tear me away from family and business but it’s definitely significantly better than the US, especially at the moment.

146.jpg

I love how you use these opportunities to share with us your extensive travel experiences.

I see New Zealand is at the top of your list. That's been one of the places I've wanted to go all my life (Italy being the other). Why is that on top?

Part of me wonders if the media would just stop cover the radicals on both sides of they'd just stop?

We'll never know though because it makes for too good of TV for them, and helps push certain left or right agendas.
Yep, like your unabashed coverage of all things "The Tolerant Left Folks" are doing.

You of all people should be saying nothing about this.
BNGB nails it. They want coverage of it shut down now that it’s politically inconvenient. Meanwhile they were jerking off while furiously driving viewership and clicks up on the tiny fraction of protests that became violent. Like @naturalmwa and I have said for a long time, the mainstream media is not left leaning, its money-leaning. And their lust for this sensationalism is their own undoing.

It's not rocket science. Oregon is heavy liberal and passive. There is a reason these antifa tough guys aren't trying to pick fights in the south.

Oregon is only heavily liberal In the Portland and Eugene/Springfield areas. The rural parts of the state not so much. Salem just happens to be in that I-5 corridor.

Reactions: anon_89hvcc2uyzmki
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT