ADVERTISEMENT

Satterfield says Iowa's defense

"These old men with goggles and knee braces — (the high school players) think they’re going to run them off the court, and the old men have physically, emotionally and spiritually, competitively destroyed them in a 30-minute game.”

if our players on defense are unsexy geriatrics, i really want to know how they view our guys on offense.

Just a stupid take. I don't think he was meaning it as an insult, I think he was trying to come up with a creative way to compliment Iowa, but still just a really dumb take. If these guys look like church league old men with goggles and knee braces to him, I'd be curious where he goes to church.

aHR0cHM6Ly9zdG9yYWdlLmdvb2dsZWFwaXMuY29tL2hhd2tleWVzcG9ydHMtY29tLzIwMjAvMDQvYjVkOTg4ZWMtMjAyMjEwMjlfaW93YV92c19ub3J0aHdlc3Rlcm5famUtMTA5LmpwZw.jpg

aHR0cHM6Ly9zdG9yYWdlLmdvb2dsZWFwaXMuY29tL2hhd2tleWVzcG9ydHMtY29tLzIwMjIvMTAvMmQ5ZTAyNTEtMjAyMjEwMjJfaW93YWZvb3RiYWxsdnNvaGlvc3RhdGVfMDAwOS5qcGc.jpg

1421677173.jpg

aHR0cHM6Ly9zdG9yYWdlLmdvb2dsZWFwaXMuY29tL2hhd2tleWVzcG9ydHMtY29tLzIwMjAvMDQvOThlNmEwNTEtMjAyMjEwMjlfaW93YWZvb3RiYWxsdnNub3J0aHdlc3Rlcm4wMDM5LmpwZw.jpg

GettyImages-1655224425-scaled-e1694644189922.jpg

is comparable to "church league dudes with goggles" (Per Omaha World Herald)

That sounds a bit disrespectful.

Well it’s a nicer way of saying ‘they can’t cover’ like last year .... still cannot believe a 3-8 team without a HC or OC mouthed off like that and then kicked the Hawks ass. No one will be surprised this year.

is comparable to "church league dudes with goggles" (Per Omaha World Herald)

That sounds a bit disrespectful.

His explanation was no more out of line, as Kirk Ferentz calling out Logan Lee for being married and mature beyond most Iowa linemen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT