ADVERTISEMENT

Schedule

Maybe this Is this how they are going to schedule this year. Set up one event, see how things are going and proceed to the next weeks schedule.

• Haha
Reactions: el dub and TJHall1
Not that it makes a big difference this year but shouldnt we be going to Nebraska. Im getting old but could have swore we had them in Carver last year.

So when do we get the Nebby vs Hawks prediction thread going? Lets get this party started.

Only if it’s JV/V setup; none of this sitting starters for the second dual of the Tri
You have to have guys get matches. If Nelson/Assad is the starter all year and 2 days before big tens tests positive for covid the other has to have matches to be ready to go.

Im guessing were going to be watching on tv/live stream. Anyone heard if they are going to transfer season tix over to next year?

Im guessing were going to be watching on tv/live stream. Anyone heard if they are going to transfer season tix over to next year?

Yes, whatever seats you had last season are still yours for the 21-22 season if you want them.

Reactions: sdvike
You have to have guys get matches. If Nelson/Assad is the starter all year and 2 days before big tens tests positive for covid the other has to have matches to be ready to go.

There are barely enough matches for starters as it is. No freaking sitting unless a couple guys are close, like 184. Other conferences are adding on exhibition/B team matches to get guys mat time because the schedule is short and there aren’t really any opens.

Let me guess...the B1G probably isn’t allowing this.

Backups getting matches would be good, but they can't take matches away from starters with so few duals. An A/B dual meet would be great, but makes way too much sense for the B10 to allow 🙄. The schedule looks good. Please start and finish a season. We are way too talented to waste another year and I may come unglued if they lose another shot at an NCAA title!

Yes, whatever seats you had last season are still yours for the 21-22 season if you want them.
so I paid for 6 seats.... they’re just going to consider next years tickets paid for? I’d call the Ticket office if it was open.... that sounds like the best plan to me though

so I paid for 6 seats.... they’re just going to consider next years tickets paid for? I’d call the Ticket office if it was open.... that sounds like the best plan to me though
When has the U of I ticket office followed the best plan?

Yep.

The Big10 has botched nearly every decision they have made managing sports during the virus. Even now when they supposedly have the “testing” practices in place they screw up wrestling.

Not sure how you get a conference commissioner fired, but someone needs to figure it out.
Could not agree more.

Reactions: TJHall1
For one, we are not at the end of the pandemic, its going to get worse before better, but High Schools and College football/basketball are dealing with it, so lets quit being a bunch of mainstream media followers and get this going. These kids have put way too much time into their preparation to take another year from them. Missing out on the Midlands really stinks, this is a Christmas tradition!!! Go Hawks
Great post ^^^^^

Backups getting matches would be good, but they can't take matches away from starters with so few duals. An A/B dual meet would be great, but makes way too much sense for the B10 to allow 🙄. The schedule looks good. Please start and finish a season. We are way too talented to waste another year and I may come unglued if they lose another shot at an NCAA title!

Does it make any sense to have what amounts to JV matches at these meets?
Guys really do need more live action matches than what these few dates will provide be imo.

With the new schedule I am counting 12-13 matches. If a wrestler he ts Covid there is a real danger their season is over, especially if they can’t wrestle at the BT. It would be sensible to loosen qualification metrics.
There is probably going to be more complaining about seeding this year than ever before.

With the new schedule I am counting 12-13 matches. If a wrestler he ts Covid there is a real danger their season is over, especially if they can’t wrestle at the BT. It would be sensible to loosen qualification metrics.
There is probably going to be more complaining about seeding this year than ever before.
You don’t need to wrestle at big 10 to qualify for nationals this year. If it’s Covid related and the team does not send a replacement to big tens, you can qualify as a wild card for nationals.

I believe that is one of the exemptions to missing B1G. For example, Max Murin gets Covid a week before B1G. Iowa cannot wrestle someone else in his place at B1G so Murin would still be eligible for an at large.

I would concur with the at large bids. If circumstances warrant, let’s hope there are more at large bids this year.
While not competing at BT doesn't keep you from NCAA’s, not wrestling at BT is going to be detrimental to your seed. If wrestlers have Covid they won’t be able to step on the mat and default, as if it was an injury.
This is a moving target for sure and will make for good conversation in the future. The downside is the trolls will be out in full force.

I would concur with the at large bids. If circumstances warrant, let’s hope there are more at large bids this year.
While not competing at BT doesn't keep you from NCAA’s, not wrestling at BT is going to be detrimental to your seed. If wrestlers have Covid they won’t be able to step on the mat and default, as if it was an injury.
This is a moving target for sure and will make for good conversation in the future. The downside is the trolls will be out in full force.

Look at our lineup. Someone would have to fall flat on their face to not get an at large in any scenario. Not happening. It’s a fringe wrestler issue not an Iowa issue.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT