ADVERTISEMENT

Schedule

And preseason rankings will be a major factor when it comes to an at-large birth. This is far more beneficial for us than say PSU.

IMO, outside of of 184, everyone on our team has been there/ done that. If they miss any significant time, their high ranking alone will keep them in the discussion.

Ex: if Warner misses most of the season and the B1G's, he'll still hold onto a high ranking and get an at-large.

PSU may struggle with that if illness hits them. With so many underclassmen and guys with little college experience, it'll be much harder to select them than a middle of the road guy that's been around for awhile.

Being healthy and competing in the Big Ten championships is going to be the paramount for them.

And preseason rankings will be a major factor when it comes to an at-large birth. This is far more beneficial for us than say PSU.

IMO, outside of of 184, everyone on our team has been there/ done that. If they miss any significant time, their high ranking alone will keep them in the discussion.

Ex: if Warner misses most of the season and the B1G's, he'll still hold onto a high ranking and get an at-large.

PSU may struggle with that if illness hits them. With so many underclassmen and guys with little college experience, it'll be much harder to select them than a middle of the road guy that's been around for awhile.

Being healthy and competing in the Big Ten championships is going to be the paramount for them.
The key is to make sure everyone has at least 4 matches at their championship weight class-

Wrestlers that meet two or more of the 'at-large consideration standards will be labeled eligible for at-large selection. Minimum standards include:
.700 overall winning percentage,
.700 Division I winning percentage at the weight class,
Top 33 Coaches Ranking (Taken after the qualifying tournament),
One win against a wrestler who qualified for the National Tournament via a preallocated spot,
Qualifying event placement one below preallocated spots,
Seeded in top 16 during 2020 selections,
Finished in top 8 during 2019 Championships.

As a side note, anyone else find it ironic Tom was assigned the 157 and 184 coaches rankings for this season?

The key is to make sure everyone has at least 4 matches at their championship weight class-

Wrestlers that meet two or more of the 'at-large consideration standards will be labeled eligible for at-large selection. Minimum standards include:
.700 overall winning percentage,
.700 Division I winning percentage at the weight class,
Top 33 Coaches Ranking (Taken after the qualifying tournament),
One win against a wrestler who qualified for the National Tournament via a preallocated spot,
Qualifying event placement one below preallocated spots,
Seeded in top 16 during 2020 selections,
Finished in top 8 during 2019 Championships.

As a side note, anyone else find it ironic Tom was assigned the 157 and 184 coaches rankings for this season?

Didn’t know that. Funny as hell.

Reactions: TJHall1 and NutZac
Interesting result; University of Missouri (33) over SDSU (9). Keegan O'Toole fall over #21 Cade DeVos (2:10; 157 lbs.). DeVos a South East Polk kid. I've watch O'Toole since a freshman in high school (Arrowhead/Milwaukee), surprised he doesn't get more respect from D1 rating service(s). Thoughts/opinions?

Interesting result; University of Missouri (33) over SDSU (9). Keegan O'Toole fall over #21 Cade DeVos (2:10; 157 lbs.). DeVos a South East Polk kid. I've watch O'Toole since a freshman in high school (Arrowhead/Milwaukee), surprised he doesn't get more respect from D1 rating service(s). Thoughts/opinions?

He is a true freshman with no college matches until today. They can’t rank him until he does and he will move up fast.

Reactions: UndercoverHawk
Weird. Wonder if BTN is releasing week to week. I wouldnt mind buying into BTN+ but would be nice to see what they are offering for the year.

There's more reason than ever to continue with the policy of every B1G conference school's home event to be available on BTN or BTN+.

There's more reason than ever to continue with the policy of every B1G conference school's home event to be available on BTN or BTN+.
There is no reason to believe that every dual will not be on BTN/BTN+. Every BIG hockey game has been broadcast but if you look at the broadcast schedule and the team schedules, nothing shows who is broadcasting on either schedule past 1/9. With all of the postponements, it looks like they are scheduling where to watch near real-time.

Just a note, but for next Friday night, Big Ten Network's schedule for 7 PM to 11 PM (Eastern) is listed as "to be announced", followed by an 11 PM "Alex and Eli" reair. Can't imagine what scenario they aren't airing Nebraska at Iowa in the 9 PM slot...(am expecting Northwestern at Purdue to be the 7 PM slot, but that's not nearly the slam-dunk to me a 9 PM Nebraska/Iowa dual is)

Just a note, but for next Friday night, Big Ten Network's schedule for 7 PM to 11 PM (Eastern) is listed as "to be announced", followed by an 11 PM "Alex and Eli" reair. Can't imagine what scenario they aren't airing Nebraska at Iowa in the 9 PM slot...(am expecting Northwestern at Purdue to be the 7 PM slot, but that's not nearly the slam-dunk to me a 9 PM Nebraska/Iowa dual is)
Thats 8pm our time?

Here are some big questions, if BTN is broadcasting any of the meets do they cover the undercard matches as well or would they be on BTN+? If BTN+ is covering will they have all the matches? If not would there be a stream somewhere we could connect to?

Here are some big questions, if BTN is broadcasting any of the meets do they cover the undercard matches as well or would they be on BTN+? If BTN+ is covering will they have all the matches? If not would there be a stream somewhere we could connect to?
Surely the answer to BTN covering the extra matches is a giant no, would be surprised if it was anything else, for time reasons. As far as whether they'd be on BTN+, I have no idea...surely the wrestling world will know tomorrow when Michigan/Rutgers and Minnesota/Nebraska have them. (Rutgers has stated there will be...Nebraska hasn't mentioned yet)

Reactions: Grip220
Will probably go with the all school, I think its $15/month. Cancelled Flo last fall when the BTN wasnt renewed.
I watch a ton of racing, wrestling, and softball on Flo or I would pull the plug as well. The amount we pay for electronic entertainment these days is starting to add up.

This is a great question and I was wondering the same thing. I wonder if the under card matches could be broadcasted on Facebook Live or some type of platform like that?

Surely the answer to BTN covering the extra matches is a giant no, would be surprised if it was anything else, for time reasons. As far as whether they'd be on BTN+, I have no idea...surely the wrestling world will know tomorrow when Michigan/Rutgers and Minnesota/Nebraska have them. (Rutgers has stated there will be...Nebraska hasn't mentioned yet)
I would agree, given the circumstances maybe it’s possible they do have time for the extra coverage.

This is a great question and I was wondering the same thing. I wonder if the under card matches could be broadcasted on Facebook Live or some type of platform like that?
I suppose the coaches and administration would have a plan to cover the extra matches for the Fanbase if they know that the telecast will not provide it.

I watch a ton of racing, wrestling, and softball on Flo or I would pull the plug as well. The amount we pay for electronic entertainment these days is starting to add up.
Your correct the amount we pay for standard cable tv plus the extra money for online broadcasts is getting crazy. I will start looking at all sources moving forward, I may cancel my local cable entirely and stream all my viewing.

Reactions: sdvike
So in order to watch all the Iowa meets this year will I need btn+ and a cable package so I can have btn? Or will I be able to get everything I need with just btn+? I’ve only used flo in the past so I’m not sure how btn all works.

So in order to watch all the Iowa meets this year will I need btn+ and a cable package so I can have btn? Or will I be able to get everything I need with just btn+? I’ve only used flo in the past so I’m not sure how btn all works.
Both to watch live. Otherwise you can watch the btn meets in full as a replay on btn+

I suppose the coaches and administration would have a plan to cover the extra matches for the Fanbase if they know that the telecast will not provide it.
What were the undercards broadcasted on for the HWC event last month? I seem to remember a free cast for those but you had to pay for the big ones. Maybe that will be the platform.

What were the undercards broadcasted on for the HWC event last month? I seem to remember a free cast for those but you had to pay for the big ones. Maybe that will be the platform.
They were both trackwrestling then transitioned to pay wall.
Since the "undercard" matches will count against their individual records and are official collegiate matches, I'm guessing they'll probably be on BTN+ with a 10-15 min gap between then shift over to BTN event main event (or vice versa).

so I paid for 6 seats.... they’re just going to consider next years tickets paid for? I’d call the Ticket office if it was open.... that sounds like the best plan to me though
There was an email that went out yesterday that gave you 3 options:

1. CREDIT | Roll over your season ticket payment as credit towards your 2021-22 season ticket order
  2. DONATE | Convert your season ticket payment to a fully tax-deductible donation to the Hawkeye Scholarship Fund**
  3. REFUND | Refund your season ticket payment, less any applicable fees

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT