ADVERTISEMENT

Schwab is the latest company leaving California for Texas and it won’t be the last, expert says

Loyal Muke

Scout Team
Nov 16, 2019
Schwab is just another high profile example of companies leaving California’s high-costs and overregulation. It also just illustrates how mobile the headquarters arena is today.

One of the great economic stories of 2019 has been this dramatic transfer of wealth away from callous waste in California, New York, New Jersey and Connecticut to states like Florida and Texas and the Carolinas.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business...71oANLUdEB3pMdBfKS3DJhCJ0az-1mC_YDaT3qr8BxIwo

Dallas metro is turning blue.
I assume this means California will be shutting its doors and going out of business? I wonder if the OP has any links about the state of the economy and the growth rate in California versus the US in general?

Schwab is just another high profile example of companies leaving California’s high-costs and overregulation. It also just illustrates how mobile the headquarters arena is today.

One of the great economic stories of 2019 has been this dramatic transfer of wealth away from callous waste in California, New York, New Jersey and Connecticut to states like Florida and Texas and the Carolinas.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business...71oANLUdEB3pMdBfKS3DJhCJ0az-1mC_YDaT3qr8BxIwo
Yep....Cali has the 5th highest ranked economy in the world......Do I hear Clarence Carter in the background singing "Slip Away"?
Nah......just some idiot farting in the wind....

Ok, but who wants to live in Dallas?

Don’t worry, other than a few high level execs looking for cheap state taxes on a personal level, no one is going to leave California for Texas.

“In its release announcing the deal, Schwab said it is committing to zero personnel moves. "A small percentage of roles may move from San Francisco to Westlake over time, either through relocation or attrition,." it said.”

I like where I live, but was commenting more on OP claiming Dallas was heaven on earth compared to San Francisco.

I’m sure age demo and political leanings are motivators for such commentary.

As an aside: The article keeps conflating Westlake with Dallas though. Westlake is closer to Ft. Worth than it is Dallas.

people who don't live there tend to call the whole darn dfw area... just dallas. I am guilty of it.

It will get much worse for Cal.
I just got back from there on business and one of the guys I was meeting with is headed to Nevada next month.
They are still waiting on the high speed rail bill to hit their taxpayers. Of course Pelosi and Fenstein's families continue to cash in on the taxpayers backs.
Combine this with the public pension debt that grows despite a booming economy and any eventual downturn will get ugly.
The libtards are now trying to get the property tax prop 13 reversed by calling the new prop an education and road improvement prop. If this passes and the economy slips just a little it will be even more of a liberal failure despite it's amazing beauty and resources.

And don't forget Houston!

houston is several hundred thousand square miles of concrete. Some god awful traffic.

but at least you can jump in your car and drive to Galveston, which has to be the shittiest ocean beach in the United States.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT