ADVERTISEMENT

Schwab

Hopefully we can land Hayden. Hope the Brands have been in contact.
No Way Commando GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

That's not very encouraging......

Well one guy doesn’t win a team title, so…

The Immortals wrestling club has some young hammers. Youngbloundt, Schwabs, Landers, among others. That pipeline along having a relationship with Askren would actually make for a decent argument for coach Schwab coming to Iowa.

Going to need to see their national results before I can agree to this claim. Are they good for Iowa or good nationally? The former is a big reason why we are where we are and I’m not so sure this isn't just more of the same.

Well one guy doesn’t win a team title, so…

Going to need to see their national results before I can agree to this claim. Are they good for Iowa or good nationally? The former is a big reason why we are where we are and I’m not so sure this isn't just more of the same.
Landers and Schwab both placed at Fargo as 1st year cadets. They both will be top 30ish kids in their class, some think Youngbloundt is the best of the 3.

Nico Desalvo is another freshman that is an immortals kid. They could possibly have four freshman win titles this year. All four are nationally ranked kids.

Every one of these youngsters mentioned in this thread should be big targets for Iowa, unfortunately probably won’t land 1.
we’re ****ed if they are ‘big targets’ for TnT, which means they probably will be big targets for TnT. Nothing gets them up and going more than an Iowa kid ranked #32 in the nation. Those are the ones Tom makes the call for

Schwab won Greco and 2nd in freestyle as an 8th grader at Cadets. Oh his dad won an NCAA title and was on an Olympic team. I think he would qualify as being a big time recruit.
Cadets are based on age and not grade. Doesn’t matter that he was just an 8th grader. Nelson Brands, JoJo Smith, Adam Kemp, Kennedy Monday…etc all solid but not their dads. Right now he’s on the trajectory of a “nice to have” not a must get. We need to aim higher than the names mentioned in this thread. None of them are likely to beat the guys Penn State will run out there.

Cadets are based on age and not grade. Doesn’t matter that he was just an 8th grader. Nelson Brands, JoJo Smith, Adam Kemp, Kennedy Monday…etc all solid but not their dads. Right now he’s on the trajectory of a “nice to have” not a must get. We need to aim higher than the names mentioned in this thread.
Pretty sure you can aim higher and still try to get the best kids in your own back yard.

Jax Forrest and Bo Bassett are the types of kids Iowa needs to shoot for. Full ride and some great NIL money and a couple new young assistants could absolutely turn the tide. Stay with what we have now and we won't sniff either of them.
Lol

Reactions: USPMAN
Jax Forrest and Bo Bassett are the types of kids Iowa needs to shoot for. Full ride and some great NIL money and a couple new young assistants could absolutely turn the tide. Stay with what we have now and we won't sniff either of them.
It’s going to be a sad day next year when they both do the extremely predictable thing and announce they are PSU bound

Reactions: el dub
It’s going to be a sad day next year when they both do the extremely predictable thing and announce they are PSU bound
I wouldn't be surprised but Iowa should shoot for the moon with both of them and see what happens. We need to add a couple new assistants this offseason and move Terry to the HWC which is his specialty anyway.

Landers and Schwab both placed at Fargo as 1st year cadets. They both will be top 30ish kids in their class, some think Youngbloundt is the best of the 3.

We will see. Still a long way to go. Regardless, though we will happily take some, "top 30ish" isn't "must get."

Schwab won Greco and 2nd in freestyle as an 8th grader at Cadets. Oh his dad won an NCAA title and was on an Olympic team. I think he would qualify as being a big time recruit.

What his dad accomplished doesn't mean jack freaking squat. What an other worldly horrible take.

Anyway, hopefully you dorks will stop acting like Hayden Schwab is a realistic recruit for anyone else other than UNI. LOL...just stop it.

Reactions: thom67
YES
"sad day" !!??!? More like a VERY BAD DAY!!!!

Adlfinger wins 9-8 with a late cradle to win. Schwab pinned him previously.. Ouch

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT