ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts...

MVPFAN

HR Legend
Mar 10, 2003
IMO this season comes down to whether Brands can get Ayala on top of the podium. Getting a champ other than Spencer even if it's 125 again still gives the program at least something to hang their hat on plus it keeps a chance alive to possibly get a trophy. A loss and it's a very unremarkable season and potentially 5th place behind ISU.

IMO this season comes down to whether Brands can get Ayala on top of the podium. Getting a champ other than Spencer even if it's 125 again still gives the program at least something to hang their hat on plus it keeps a chance alive to possibly get a trophy. A loss and it's a very unremarkable season and potentially 5th place behind ISU.
I think Drake split matches in high school with him, but this kid was the big shit at that time. Drake and Caliendo were the bright spots this year. Impressed he came back against otoole to only lose by 4. We knew when our senior starters lost their appeal, then Ferrari’s fell through, it was going to be a long shot getting a trophy. Top it off with woods fighting off the affects of some sort of illness that started the weekend he didn’t make the road trip, and you have a recipe for disaster.

Absolutely agree. An individual champ absolutely buys Brands more time, even with a 4th place team finish. The walls stop closing in for at least one more year.
It might buy Tom some time but if he doesn't shake up the staff it shows that he has lost his sense of direction for this program. We need younger, better, big name assistants to help bring in recruits. None of them have heard of M*, Telford or HWC coach Dennis. It's past time and if Tom doesn't see that he probably needs to go too.....

Iowa can bring in all the new assistants they want but unless Tom changes his approach, nothing will change. The problems start at the top with Tom. It is not just new assistants. Iowa needs new training methods and better strength and conditioning. I do not believe Tom has it in him to admit his approach is wrong and make changes. Personally, i would throw the bank at Casey Cunningham as the head coach and see if he would be interested.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT