ADVERTISEMENT

Sell car to salvage yard or donate?

General Tso

HR Heisman
Nov 20, 2004
I had a poors person event today where I learned the engine in my POS car needs to be replaced. This would cost more than the car is worth. So, to the car guys, am I better off just donating it and taking the $500 tax deal or trying to sell it to salvage/pull a part place?

I had a poors person event today where I learned the engine in my POS car needs to be replaced. This would cost more than the car is worth. So, to the car guys, am I better off just donating it and taking the $500 tax deal or trying to sell it to salvage/pull a part place?
Call and get a quote. If he offers a lot take the cash. If your car is any older than an 07 they may only give you $100, any older than an 02 and they might tow it for free just to get it off your driveway.

Call and get a quote. If he offers a lot take the cash. If your car is any older than an 07 they may only give you $100, any older than an 02 and they might tow it for free just to get it off your driveway.
Thanks, this was helpful. I wasn't sure what a ballpark figure would be for a salvage yard.

05a8618c35a4be895f5c901302fb87a0.jpg

Reactions: Hawk and Awe
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT