ADVERTISEMENT

Selling crap on Marketplace/Craiglist

I gave up selling stuff.in the QC because the money wasn't worth dealing with the creatures. Some people are really bored out there. Some people are trying to win big time on trades aka rip you off. On Craigslist I would usually add in the below on all of my listings.

Local sale only
Exchange will happen in public place
Lowballers will be ignored
Whether or not I would consider trades
If it is still listed it is still available, I remove listings when the sell
Price will be agreed upon before meeting

I wont do it anymore

Mrs Qc uses mercari only

There is something really weird going on with Mercari right now. I would avoid it like the plague and I think they are tanking the site. Have a peak in the Mercari subreddit if you want to see some mad people.

It’s either super easy or a complete cluster.

I offer top quality items at bargain prices. Buyer either has cash and can meet right away or I just end the listing and try again in a week or two. If buyer falls short on either criteria, they’re done in my book. No soup for you.

Quite the adventure sometimes. It's amazing how pissed off some people get if you don't accept their low-ball offer. If you think the price is too high, you're not legally required to buy the thing I'm selling

CSB
I personally love it when you post something for a few hundred dollars and within minutes someone asks if you will accept half of what you listed it for.

I’ve asked a few of those people if they were fuggin stupid or something. I’ve then gotten a response of well it’s selling for ___ price on this site which is still more then what they are offering me. Morons

• Angry
Reactions: General Tso
I basically only post stuff that I’m giving away. I had a mower that ran but had a broken cable that engaged the blade. I didn’t want to mess with it. Gone in like 10 minutes.

Tampa suburb

Brandon man shot, carjacked while selling car to a buyer on Facebook marketplace

Reactions: Moral
I hate all the scammers on marketplace. When you post something you immediately get like 10 messages and it's people asking for your phone number and crap. I tell my parents to stay the F away from Marketplace.

Reactions: Moral
Quite the adventure sometimes. It's amazing how pissed off some people get if you don't accept their low-ball offer. If you think the price is too high, you're not legally required to buy the thing I'm selling

CSB
“Hi. I am really interested in your <insert item for sale> and really want to buy it. I don’t live here so can I get you to download and app we can chat in so we can discuss further how I can scam, I mean pay you?”

The wife was just complaining about this. She put something up for Free (idk what, wasn't totally listening) and MFs were still trying to negotiate.

Them: What time can you meet?
Wife: I work til 3, you can pick up anytime after 3:15
Them: Can you meet at 12?

• Haha
Reactions: The Tradition
We have a bunch of baby stuff in the basement that my wife insists she's gonna sell. But she's been saying that for 2 years. I think she way overvalues what someone would pay for used baby clothes and toys. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna start slowly taking it to goodwill and tell her I sold it. Just not worth the hassle.

Reactions: BrianNole777
I've only sold one thing...on marketplace. My fishing kayak with a trolling motor. Priced it low. Got several inquiries rather quickly. Not one tried to offer a lower price. Totally positive experience, which surprised me. I expected jerks and scammers.

Sold my Wood burner and camper hitch plate on marketplace.
Tried Craigslist few years back and will never use it again.
Had a camper in great shape listed.
Guy rolls up in a new 1 ton dually diesel truck and makes an offer 3,000.00 under my fair asking price.
Told him to get packing.

We have a bunch of baby stuff in the basement that my wife insists she's gonna sell. But she's been saying that for 2 years. I think she way overvalues what someone would pay for used baby clothes and toys. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna start slowly taking it to goodwill and tell her I sold it. Just not worth the hassle.
Do you have a pack and play? I'll take it off your hands if you do. I'll send you my address so you can ship it to me. Cool?

I sold my piece of crap 2001 Dodge Caravan on marketplace in about an hour. Listed it for $500 and the bids came flying in. Could have sold it for more.

AC was out, exhaust pipe broken, serpentine belt broke.

Family shows up packed in another piece of crap van and everyone is saying I answered their prayers.

Knocked $100 off the price cuz I felt bad for selling that piece of shit.

My daughter saw it abandoned between Crestview and Niceville a couple weeks ago.

Csb

Reactions: Chuck C
I have bought a few things off Craigslist.
I only bother people with questions if it’s a legit question or the pics aren’t clear on what I want to know. I don’t mess with haggling. I’ll pay what you’re asking if it’s a reasonable price and you are flexible on meeting up.

It is funny to me what people list stuff for. Lots of people try to sell used stuff for close to the cost of new. I guess they’re anticipating negotiations but I think they just invite the haggling by their initial high prices.

Reactions: Bank of Hawk
when I take a crap that I want to keep for later… it would take an awful lot of money for me to part with

Do you have a pack and play? I'll take it off your hands if you do. I'll send you my address so you can ship it to me. Cool?
Sure do. Although I'm not sure if the wife wants to hang on to one (or both) of them.

Don't ask me why we have 2. 5 years later and I still don't understand.

Have sold quite a bit on Marketplace. Biggest pain in the ass, I swear, all of the people who say they’re on their way, you wait all afternoon and no one shows. Incredible.

List your adds in Spanish and they’ll be sold quickly. Americans can honestly be the biggest no shows in history. Immigrants are living on decent furniture type items and will show up quickly. Have just given away a few items when I’ve seen young families with kids just trying to get started in life.

You never know with Marketplace.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT