ADVERTISEMENT

Sen. Joni Ernst suggests Trump accept nomination from Des Moines

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
All the Trump voters in Iowa are going to vote for her anyway, his appearance here would gain her no more votes. Seems kind of desperate:

Iowa Sen. Joni Ernst has an idea for where President Donald Trump can deliver his acceptance speech for the Republican presidential nomination: Des Moines.

“That makes total sense to me,” Ernst said Thursday when asked for her opinion. “We’re a state that will largely support Trump and, of course, we could really use that economic boom.

“Just send President Trump in, and we’ll find a place for him to give his acceptance speech.”

Both the Republican and Democratic national conventions are in disarray this year because of the coronavirus pandemic, prompting Trump to explore options to delivering his speech at the scaled-back GOP convention in Charlotte, N.C., or the alternate site in Jacksonville, Fla.

Trump said he might deliver his speech from the White House grounds, which some people questioned because federal law bars using government property for political purposes.

But there are exceptions. The director of an ethics watchdog center said delivering the acceptance speech from the White House lawn would expose gaps in the law.

Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley said the lawn option is “an obvious answer” and “probably possible if it doesn’t violate any federal laws.”

ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW ADVERTISEMENT

Former Vice President Joe Biden is skipping the scaled-back Democratic National Committee convention in Milwaukee and will deliver his acceptance speech of the party’s presidential nomination from his home state of Delaware.

https://www.thegazette.com/subject/...mp-accept-nomination-from-des-moines-20200806

black-white-evil-bomb-face-260nw-595314293.jpg

The governor of Iowa makes me ashamed to consider myself an Iowan despite not having lived in the state for more than 20 years. I hope there are enough reasonable and sane people left in the state to vote her out of office at the next opportunity. Also, its false for her to suggest Iowa is a state that largely votes for and supports Trump considering he only had 51% of the vote in 2016, Iowa voted Blue from 2000 through 2012 and I'd be surprised if Iowa didn't vote blue again this November. Congrats Iowa, you have a dangerous moron for governor and her announcement to invite Trump for his nomination speech is just further evidence.

Reactions: Chishawk1425
The governor of Iowa makes me ashamed to consider myself an Iowan despite not having lived in the state for more than 20 years. I hope there are enough reasonable and sane people left in the state to vote her out of office at the next opportunity. Also, its false for her to suggest Iowa is a state that largely votes for and supports Trump considering he only had 51% of the vote in 2016, Iowa voted Blue from 2000 through 2012 and I'd be surprised if Iowa didn't vote blue again this November. Congrats Iowa, you have a dangerous moron for governor and her announcement to invite Trump for his nomination speech is just further evidence.

You're getting our Trumpkin Governor Reynolds and Trumpkin Senator Ernst mixed up, but your comments are right on in spite of that! ;)

You're getting our Trumpkin Governor Reynolds and Trumpkin Senator Ernst mixed up, but your comments are right on in spite of that! ;)
thx for the correction...meant sen not governor but both are pretty terrible based on what I can see from afar.

Reactions: JohnBasedow
All the Trump voters in Iowa are going to vote for her anyway, his appearance here would gain her no more votes. Seems kind of desperate:
Of course Trump voters will vote for her( obviously, he is not going to change a dem voter to a republican voter). I think the key is getting as many of those voters to the polls as possible. I feel like a lot of races this fall will be determined by which side shows up.

Also, I did not know that the president could not make an acceptance speech from the white house. I guess it makes sense, but at the same time, it is his residence. Interesting.

In the "You can't make this shit up" department Trump is claiming he wants to use the WH for his acceptance speech as a cost-saving measure. He actually says:

"If I use the White House we save tremendous amounts of money for the government in terms of security, traveling, if we go to another state or some other location...uh...the amount of money is, you know, very enormous..."

Yeah dumbass...we know. At least $100 million and still counting for golf trips alone.

In the "You can't make this shit up" department Trump is claiming he wants to use the WH for his acceptance speech as a cost-saving measure. He actually says:

"If I use the White House we save tremendous amounts of money for the government in terms of security, traveling, if we go to another state or some other location...uh...the amount of money is, you know, very enormous..."

Yeah dumbass...we know. At least $100 million and still counting for golf trips alone.

That is different. Why are you attacking Barron and Melanja?

Reactions: tarheelbybirth
Ernst went all in years ago. She isn't going to try and separate. It's either a calculation, or an abusive spouse syndrome kind of thing. She's petrified of him getting angry at her. I am actually shocked that she cut ties with Steve King, who is maybe 10 percent as repugnant as Trump.

Iowa is Trumpland central. It would make sense for him to have his acceptance speech there with Reynolds, Ernst, Grassley, King and all of the other Trumptards at his side.

Mississippi would be jealous though.

Top choices
Doral
Rose Garden
Lincoln Memorial
Oval Office
Washington Monument

It went for Bush in 04 but Trump has brought out the worst in Iowans I'm afraid to say. As another poster pointed out as Iowa gets whiter, fatter, and dumber it's not good for Dems

Top choices
Doral
Rose Garden
Lincoln Memorial
Oval Office
Washington Monument
Lincoln Memoria has been done, and Washington was a loser.
What about using a military base named for a scumbag traitor like Polk or Bragg? That would tie up the white nationalism for his base in a nice bow, and Breadbags could stand there looking adoringly at him and remind us all that she is a combat veteran.

It went for Bush in 04 but Trump has brought out the worst in Iowans I'm afraid to say. As another poster pointed out as Iowa gets whiter, fatter, and dumber it's not good for Dems

Iowa is not getting whiter, but the latter two are probably true.

Iowa is on pace to overtake Mississippi as the most overweight state by 2030. That’s just depressing.

Reactions: cigaretteman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT