ADVERTISEMENT

Seriously, How Dumb is Trump?

DFSNOLE

HR Legend
Sep 25, 2002
Lower Alabama
I have to wonder why the mainstream media isn’t discussing Trump’s extraordinary stupidity.

The media continues to discuss Trump’s criminal indictments, and is — finally! — noticing that Trump is becoming less and less coherent. But why isn’t it reporting on something almost every lawmaker and journalist in official Washington knows — that Trump is remarkably stupid?
I don’t mean just run-of-the-mill stupid. I mean extraordinarily, off-the-charts, stupifyingly stupid.
After all, he recently claimed that magnets don’t work in water, that the Civil War was unnecessary because it should have been “negotiated,” and that no one would know who Lincoln was if he hadn’t gone to war.
Still don’t believe Trump is stupid?

Here is where our resident MAGAs fall.

Okay, but what about Mayer and Salovey’s second aspect of emotional intelligence — influencing the emotions of others?

This is where Trump’s brain outperforms the brains of ordinary mortals. He knows how to manipulate people. He has an uncanny ability to discover their emotional vulnerabilities — their fears, anxieties, prejudices, and darkest desires — and use them for his own purposes.

I don't think he's dumb, I think he's a genius.

"This is where Trump’s brain outperforms the brains of ordinary mortals. He knows how to manipulate people. He has an uncanny ability to discover their emotional vulnerabilities — their fears, anxieties, prejudices, and darkest desires — and use them for his own purposes."

Once you understand this about him, that ultimately he's Trump first not America first, he's MTGA not MAGA... you can move on from him. But those who are in his cult of loyal followers can't be convinced that he's America's greatest Con-man.

Many people are saying, he is one of the dumbest people to walk the earth. It’s unbelievable! He once encountered a big burly man outside one of his events who had tears in his eyes about his breathtaking stupidity. He is simply the greatest-so great that the Dunning and Kruger are probably filing paper work to have their described effect of dumb people who don’t know how grotesquely incompetent they are renamed the Trump Effect.

I have to wonder why the mainstream media isn’t discussing Trump’s extraordinary stupidity.

The media continues to discuss Trump’s criminal indictments, and is — finally! — noticing that Trump is becoming less and less coherent. But why isn’t it reporting on something almost every lawmaker and journalist in official Washington knows — that Trump is remarkably stupid?
I don’t mean just run-of-the-mill stupid. I mean extraordinarily, off-the-charts, stupifyingly stupid.
After all, he recently claimed that magnets don’t work in water, that the Civil War was unnecessary because it should have been “negotiated,” and that no one would know who Lincoln was if he hadn’t gone to war.

Okay, but what about Mayer and Salovey’s second aspect of emotional intelligence — influencing the emotions of others?

This is where Trump’s brain outperforms the brains of ordinary mortals. He knows how to manipulate people. He has an uncanny ability to discover their emotional vulnerabilities — their fears, anxieties, prejudices, and darkest desires — and use them for his own purposes.

Dummies want a fellow dummy who speaks their dummy language and makes them feel like it is OK (and even desirable) to be dumb like them. They want a leader who speaks of and exudes 'toughness' as opposed to sensibility, because if there's one thing they know for sure, its that if you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough. They also love to hear childish insults, because many of them intellectually and emotionally align with children, and therefore they feel more comfortable/ less challenged by someone whom employs this style of discourse.

You may be right, but you said a LOT of words and only used one fact to support your point (he claimed magnets don't work in water). Otherwise you cited his opinions. How does that prove that he and anyone who supports him is "stupifyingly stupid."

I really hate it when I have to defend that guy, but so much of the argument against him is simply "He's bad." It's pretty rare anyone actually attacks his positions. Fortunately for Ds the personal attacks will be enough to win in November.

You may be right, but you said a LOT of words and only used one fact to support your point (he claimed magnets don't work in water). Otherwise you cited his opinions. How does that prove that he and anyone who supports him is "stupifyingly stupid."
Do you really need the whole list of nonsensical things he has said? Or just the top 10? There's a lot.

Dummies want a fellow dummy who speaks their dummy language and makes them feel like it is OK (and even desirable) to be dumb like them. They want a leader who speaks of and exudes 'toughness' as opposed to sensibility, because if there's one thing they know for sure, its that if you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough. They also love to hear childish insults, because many of them intellectually and emotionally align with children, and therefore they feel more comfortable/ less challenged by someone whom employs this style of discourse.

I somewhat agree with you for at least some of his supporters. But I mean I know some of his supporters and they would never act like Trump acts to other people. At least not in real life.

That's perhaps the thing I can't understand about them is how they are ok with all of this? I mean I feel like some just are willing to put up with it for the supreme court picks or something. But others seem to legitimately believe good things about him.

DHxkLSbUAAAfhG-.jpg

I really hate it when I have to defend that guy, but so much of the argument against him is simply "He's bad." It's pretty rare anyone actually attacks his positions. Fortunately for Ds the personal attacks will be enough to win in November.
  • Magnets don’t work in water
  • Stares at the sun
  • Wanted to disinfect/bleach covid inside human bodies
  • Thinks he could negotiate a truce between Ukraine/Russia in a day
  • Though the civil war could have been negotiated away in sdvance
  • Doesn’t know the constitution
  • Was called some synonym of “stupid” by several direct reports who were otherwise conservative loyalists
He is an absolute f*cking moron which just about anyone with a modicum of intelligence can see. He is dangerous and has a cunning instinct, but intellectually he is a f*cking moron.

Here we go. Biden is exposed and now we have to point to the other guy and say, "no its him". JFC, they both are elderly and have some issues. Biden is just in way worse shape.

I don't think he's dumb, I think he's a genius.

"This is where Trump’s brain outperforms the brains of ordinary mortals. He knows how to manipulate people. He has an uncanny ability to discover their emotional vulnerabilities — their fears, anxieties, prejudices, and darkest desires — and use them for his own purposes."

Once you understand this about him, that ultimately he's Trump first not America first, he's MTGA not MAGA... you can move on from him. But those who are in his cult of loyal followers can't be convinced that he's America's greatest Con-man.
He is like a feral animal level of “smart.”

But intellectually vacant.

Americans used to demand intellectual capacity from its elected officials. They no longer do and it is to all our detriment.

It is easy to prove that Trump is an ignorant buffoon and most examples are entertaining portraits of a stooge but some examples are harmful to the rest of us.

Take, for example, the promotion of tariffs. Trump repeatedly and emphatically claimed that tariffs on China imports will be paid by China. This belief is entirely false.

Tariffs are taxes on goods coming in to the U.S., paid by the importer. The exporter — in this scenario, China — pays nothing.

Here we go. Biden is exposed and now we have to point to the other guy and say, "no its him". JFC, they both are elderly and have some issues. Biden is just in way worse shape.

Well: one of them doesn’t have 88 criminal counts against him.

Your definition of “worse shape” could use a little nuance.

I didn't say anything. I quoted the cited article.

Add windmills cause cancer, aviation during the Revolutionary War, the terrific things Frederick Douglass was doing a few years ago, and on and on we could go.

Trump speaks dumbass because that’s the language his supporters listen in.

Many people are saying, he is one of the dumbest people to walk the earth. It’s unbelievable! He once encountered a big burly man outside one of his events who had tears in his eyes about his breathtaking stupidity. He is simply the greatest-so great that the Dunning and Kruger are probably filing paper work to have their described effect of dumb people who don’t know how grotesquely incompetent they are renamed the Trump Effect.
Intellectually, he’s an idiot.

But the guy is clever and knows how to captivate imbeciles and inbreds.

The real issue isn’t Trump’s mental faculties. It’s that of our voting populace.

The real issue isn’t Trump’s mental faculties. It’s that of our voting populace.
And the partisan media outlets that either highlight the worst moments or fuel the flames of passion for his supporters and this goes both for Trump and Biden.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers

Great points.

Trump is a master of spinning events to his advantage. No matter what happens, he spins it to his interests.

He's the best ever in that category, IMO.

I somewhat agree with you for at least some of his supporters. But I mean I know some of his supporters and they would never act like Trump acts to other people. At least not in real life.

That's perhaps the thing I can't understand about them is how they are ok with all of this? I mean I feel like some just are willing to put up with it for the supreme court picks or something. But others seem to legitimately believe good things about him.
I think you overestimate the intelligence of many of his supporters. Yes, a small percentage go along because they see Trump as a useful idiot and/or they hate the left so much they’re willing to tolerate all of Trump’s baggage. With that said, I firmly believe the vast majority of his supporters really are this stupid and believe things like “Trump is the most honest president we’ve ever had” and “Trump has never done anything illegal, Biden and Biden’s DOJ are just out to get him” and “Trump just tells it like it is” etc. etc.

Yes, the overwhelming majority really are this ****ing stupid.

I think massive disinformation using social media and propagandists is more to blame. I view him more as an egomaniac and yuge example of the aforementioned Dunning-Kruger effect. Massive projection of
confidence and ability due to his lack of understanding he is, quite simply, not that smart. Especially this later life version. Earlier in life he was definitely a very good conman, and you have to have some level of intelligence for that. But this is not some Ivy League Business school grad (though he tried to say he was).

I was wondering which MAGA member would be first to use a weak whataboutism. It's not at all surprising you were the first. The quote in the article describes you perfectly.

The biggest problem with Trump, IDHO, is he is utterly and completely intellectually lazy. Like HYPER-lazy. He isn't a lifelong learner...at all...not even a little tiny bit. Mostly because he thinks he already knows it all. He relies on instinct. In his business dealings occasionally that served him well. But as president, it often turned out very very bad.

And perhaps worst of all, he can never, ever, EVER admit when he is wrong about anything.........ever.

Hmmm....you know what, now that Ol' Doodle thinks about it, everyone who says we missed out on having the first woman president in 2016 is actually only partially right. :)

If we want to get technical, Trump isn't stupid. In fact, he's smart, smart in how he's able to leverage people to get what he wants and he's been smart enough to be successful at his various business ventures. What Trump lacks is knowledge and education on matters of history, political policy, and foreign affairs. However, it really doesn't matter because no matter what he says, his followers just accept it as the gospel truth (which is how cults are cultivated).

Biden has decades of politics under his belt, undergraduate degrees in political science and history, as well as a law degree from Syracuse. Trump has a BS in economics. Trump lacks experience and education, but the fact he wasn't a traditional politician was his biggest draw in 2016. However, I can't fathom what the draw to him is now? I've said it before, go back and watch pre-2016 videos compared to now. His ego has been so inflated, he's insufferable (more so than ever).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT