ADVERTISEMENT

Seton Hall @ Clowns

Powell did not get his second foul until about 2 minutes left in first half, his third foul with nine minutes left in game and got his last two fouls in the final 90 seconds. He played 33 minutes which is 4 minutes above his season average. It isn't like he fouled out with ten minutes to go and played much of the game in foul trouble.
Three fouls with nine minutes, definitely impacts the way you play down the stretch. How many games does Powell foul-out of the rest of the year? I would guess between 0 and 1.

Three fouls with nine minutes, definitely impacts the way you play down the stretch. How many games does Powell foul-out of the rest of the year? I would guess between 0 and 1.

He only had 3 fouls until the very end. That doesn't affect the way he plays. Did you watch the game?

Yep. I fully expect officiating of a mens' basketball game at Hilton Coliseum to protect an opposing player. Rolling my eyes . . .

Hard to blame the officials though. When you have 14,000+ rabid ISU fans screaming in protest against any foul called against an ISU player or calling for fouls when an opponent gets close enough to breathe on an ISU player . . . it has to influence the officials' psyche.

I have no idea what you mean.....:)

ku_bkc_isu_224-1100x709.jpg

He only had 3 fouls until the very end. That doesn't affect the way he plays. Did you watch the game?
So he didn't have 3 fouls with 9 minutes left? I casually watched the game...I haven't watched the replay multiple times, like you and IowaPride.

So he didn't have 3 fouls with 9 minutes left? I casually watched the game...I haven't watched the replay multiple times, like you and IowaPride.
Yeah he did. And having 3 fouls on you with less than 10 minutes in a game doesn't change the way anybody plays. He played the same way the whole game. I am not sure why you think that is a lot of fouls with only a quarter of the game left.

I agree, by all accounts Seton Hall's Powell is a future NBA player and their best player by far.

The big guy that broke his wrist was their #2 scorer and also pretty good. He is a legit stretch 4 and a huge loss for that team. Hopefully he can return by March.

Their best player played. Their best big man got hurt

Four fouls changes how you play. He got 4 with 90 seconds left. He played the same minutes in both games vs ISU.

Yeah he did. And having 3 fouls on you with less than 10 minutes in a game doesn't change the way anybody plays. He played the same way the whole game. I am not sure why you think that is a lot of fouls with only a quarter of the game left.
That is BS. You definitely start to play tentative when you are in jeopardy of fouling out....especially the way that game was being called. Again, how many games do you think Powell fouls-out of the rest of the year?

Four fouls changes how you play. He got 4 with 90 seconds left. He played the same minutes in both games vs ISU.
3 fouls with 9 minutes left, changes the way you play - when calls are going against you.

That is BS. You definitely start to play tentative when you are in jeopardy of fouling out....especially the way that game was being called. Again, how many games do you think Powell fouls-out of the rest of the year?

lol you are aware that you aren't in jeopardy of fouling out when you only have 3 fouls with 9 minutes to go? Maybe you don't know that it takes 5 fouls to foul out?
I am not sure what fouling out in no other games has to do with last nights game.
Powell continued to play tough defense and play physically on both offense and defense until the end.

No, it doesn't. Unless you are an idiot and don't understand math or don't want to win the game.
Yes it does when you have never fouled out of any other game in your collegiate career and somehow find yourself in foul trouble and in jeopardy of fouling-out with roughly nine minutes left in a game - where the calls are going against you. Again, how many games do you think Powell fouls-out of the rest of the year? If history tells you anything.....it won't be any. #HiltonMagic

lol you are aware that you aren't in jeopardy of fouling out when you only have 3 fouls with 9 minutes to go? Maybe you don't know that it takes 5 fouls to foul out?
I am not sure what fouling out in no other games has to do with last nights game.
Powell continued to play tough defense and play physically on both offense and defense until the end.
For a player that has never fouled out of a collegiate game, I'm sure 3 fouls with 9 minutes remaining is not a situation he is typically in, and causes some restraint on playing aggressive. I could give a sh!t of what your clone eye test tells you.

Yes it does when you have never fouled out of any other game in your collegiate career and somehow find yourself in foul trouble and in jeopardy of fouling-out with roughly nine minutes left in a game - where the calls are going against you. Again, how many games do you think Powell fouls-out of the rest of the year? If history tells you anything.....it won't be any. #HiltonMagic

lol, again you aren't in jeopardy of fouling out when you have 3 fouls with only 9 minutes left. Who cares if he doesn't foul out the rest of the year? The calls weren't going against them. And the only reason he did foul out is because he was being aggressive at the end driving to the basket even when he didn't have any space. The first time he did he drew a block, the second time a charge. Hall was shooting a lot of jump shots and it is one of the reasons they weren't getting fouled in the second half. Iowa State was getting into the lane and putting Hall help defenders into tough situations. Then of course Hall had two dumb fouls on three pointers.

For a player that has never fouled out of a collegiate game, I'm sure 3 fouls with 9 minutes remaining is not a situation he is typically in, and causes some restraint on playing aggressive. I could give a sh!t of what your clone eye test tells you.

Nope. Still wrong.

Nope. Still wrong.
Hah! Typical clown. You can't answer a simple question and you can't admit being wrong. It definitely is not surprising that the first game Myles Powell fouls-out of (over his entire four year collegiate career) is at isu. #HiltonMagic

lol, again you aren't in jeopardy of fouling out when you have 3 fouls with only 9 minutes left. Who cares if he doesn't foul out the rest of the year? The calls weren't going against them. And the only reason he did foul out is because he was being aggressive at the end driving to the basket even when he didn't have any space. The first time he did he drew a block, the second time a charge. Hall was shooting a lot of jump shots and it is one of the reasons they weren't getting fouled in the second half. Iowa State was getting into the lane and putting Hall help defenders into tough situations. Then of course Hall had two dumb fouls on three pointers.
So you're saying that when he finally started being aggressive again (within last couple minutes), he fouled out. Definitely sounds right to me.

Hah! Typical clown. You can't answer a simple question and you can't admit being wrong. It definitely is not surprising that the first game Myles Powell fouls-out of (over his entire four year collegiate career) is at isu. #HiltonMagic

You can name call all you want. But you are wrong about this. You must not know basketball very well. I have answered any question you posed.

So you're saying that when he finally started being aggressive again (within last couple minutes), he fouled out. Definitely sounds right to me.

I never said he just started being aggressive then. He was aggressive the whole time. Watch the game. You might learn something. Do you think Iowa players just stop playing hard if they have 3 fouls with 9 minutes left? That is an asinine position to take. Again, it takes 5 fouls to foul out.

I never said he just started being aggressive then. He was aggressive the whole time. Watch the game. You might learn something. Do you think Iowa players just stop playing hard if they have 3 fouls with 9 minutes left? That is an asinine position to take. Again, it takes 5 fouls to foul out.

LOL!! Your words, not mine - 'And the only reason he did foul out is because he was being aggressive at the end driving to the basket.' Now go back to clonefanatic and lick your wounds.

LOL!! Your words, not mine - 'And the only reason he did foul out is because he was being aggressive at the end driving to the basket.' Now go back to clonefanatic and lick your wounds.

Maybe you have a problem with comprehension. My point is he was still being aggressive and that is why he fouled out, despite your claims of him not being aggressive. If he wasn't being aggressive he wouldn't have fouled out. I don't go to 'clonefanatic' and have no woulds to lick.

This might be the all time dumb thread. Guy picked up his 4 foul with 90 seconds left. Him fouling out had nothing to do with the game. If three fouls makes you play different than

young
Nixon
Bolton
Conditt
And grill all played different because they all had three fouls also.
Just an fyi
Garza has 4 fouls against Michigan. Nobody told him that he wasn’t supposed to keep playing hard.

so did Mccafrey btw

Reactions: David1979
I agree, by all accounts Seton Hall's Powell is a future NBA player and their best player by far.

The big guy that broke his wrist was their #2 scorer and also pretty good. He is a legit stretch 4 and a huge loss for that team. Hopefully he can return by March.
Big guy's absence definitely made a difference. But he's only 6-11. They had another 6-11 guy and two 7-2 guys.

They be a big team.

Reactions: mtdew_fever
Maybe you have a problem with comprehension. My point is he was still being aggressive and that is why he fouled out, despite your claims of him not being aggressive. If he wasn't being aggressive he wouldn't have fouled out. I don't go to 'clonefanatic' and have no woulds to lick.
Nope, this is word for word what you said, and I completely agree with your point. 'And the only reason he did foul out is because he was being aggressive at the end driving to the basket.' NEXT!!!

This might be the all time dumb thread. Guy picked up his 4 foul with 90 seconds left. Him fouling out had nothing to do with the game. If three fouls makes you play different than

young
Nixon
Bolton
Conditt
And grill all played different because they all had three fouls also.
Just an fyi
Garza has 4 fouls against Michigan. Nobody told him that he wasn’t supposed to keep playing hard.

so did Mccafrey btw
YEAH!! More clonefanatics!!! Did you know this was the only time in Powell's four year career that he fouled out of a game?!!!! Even one of your own (David1979) agreed that Powell was forced to play tentative after receiving his third foul (with 9 minutes left), and then became more aggressive again (and started driving more on offense) towards end of the game. According to David (and I agree), when Powell became more aggressive on offense (in final couple minutes), he quickly picked up two fouls....and fouled out.

That said, I think David unintentionally hits on a really good point - Powell was probably right for dialing it down a little (after getting his third), otherwise he would have likely fouled out with 5 minutes left. The only thing I really don't get is why being more aggressive on offense would automatically lead a great player like Powell (who has NEVER fouled out of another collegiate game) to foul out, or really any good player to foul out? I could understand how being more aggressive on defense, but offense?! I will need David to clarify that a little more for me....but think it's pretty evident that the refs were not going to allow that game to get away from the clones at the end. It's really too bad refs are allowed to have such a big impact on games at Hilton....and have no doubt Garza will be targeted later this week. #HiltonMagic

So funny to see Hawk fans complain about officiating. Call it hilton magic, homecourt advantage. Call it whatever you want. We have a LOUD CROWD, and like it.

Reactions: Hayes_30
So funny to see Hawk fans complain about officiating. Call it hilton magic, homecourt advantage. Call it whatever you want. We have a LOUD CROWD, and like it.
LOL! I wasn't complaining, I'm not Randy Peterson or one of his loyal clone followers. I was pointing out what most (outside ames) already know....and what Seton Hall and Powell just found out. Hilton Magic = Homer Officiating. And who could blame the officials....they don't want to be attacked by Melvin Weatherwax and/or other clonefanatics. Only in ames could a dipsh!t donor decide it was appropriate to try to fight with an opposing coach after a game - where the officials failed to gift the clones the win.

LOL! I wasn't complaining, I'm not Randy Peterson or one of his loyal clone followers. I was pointing out what most (outside ames) already know....and what Seton Hall and Powell just found out. Hilton Magic = Homer Officiating. And who could blame the officials....they don't want to be attacked by Melvin Weatherwax and/or other clonefanatics. Only in ames could a dipsh!t donor decide it was appropriate to try to fight with an opposing coach after a game - where the officials failed to gift the clones the win.
Are you mental?

Reactions: Lone Clone
Do Hawkeye fan know that most Iowa State fans actually hate Randy P?

No, I’m not Melvin Weatherwax or any clone fan that physically assaulted Iowa band members, because they couldn’t handle losing a football game.
"Assaulted" whatever came about that anyway?

Sounds to me like you're like complaining about the officials again. lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT