ADVERTISEMENT

Sharia Law Update: Louisiana Requires 10 Commandment In Schools - NOW with POLL

What will SCOTUS Do?

• Strike down this law and somewhat weaken separation of church and state.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This Supreme Court will uphold it. It's practically a slam dunk.

Can we start calling it the Sharia Court if they do?

Heck, why wait?
I will be very surprised if SCOTUS upholds it. The state requiring all schools to do it blatantly fails the Lemon test. I could maybe see SCOTUS upholding it if an individual teacher chose to display the commandments in their classroom.

When the bad things supporters of this bitch about don't change at all, even though they were 100% sure removing god from schools had something to do with it, surely it will dawn on them how stupid they are...

I attended public school in first grade-was wait listed at the Catholic school and didn’t make it - but they had a daily prayer and a Bible quote (King James)
Back then there weren’t any Muslims or Jewish kids at the school who might have had parents object, but somehow no one grew up to be a mass shooter or anything.
I understand that maybe it doesn’t belong in a public school in 2024 though.
Maybe stressing to the student body in some form that the Golden Rule is important and leave it at that.

Last edited:
If I were a betting man, I’d bet that it “could” be upheld if they weren’t stupid about how they passed it. But given that it’s Louisiana I’m sure they were stupid about how they passed it.

Separately, as a semi serious question, as an abrahamic religion, what does islam think about the 10 commandments?

Reactions: IACub
I attended public school in first grade-was wait listed at the Catholic school and didn’t make it - but they had a daily prayer and a Bible quote (King James)
Back then there weren’t any Muslims or Jewish kids at the school who might have had parents object, but somehow no one grew up to be a mass shooter or anything.
I understand that maybe it doesn’t belong in a public school in 2024 though.
Maybe stressing to the student body in some form that the Golden Rule is important and leave it at that.
Teaching moral values doesn't require religion.

Teaching religion doesn't guarantee moral values.

Please. Why do we continue to fool ourselves? Mass shooters or other individuals inclined to commit heinous crimes are not deterred by an Old Testament document on a classroom wall.

Social media is 1000x more influential in kid’s lives.

I completely understand why about half of the Ten Commandments are troublesome for non-Christians. But the other half are fairly non-religious. Don’t lie, don’t steal, don’t kill. Respect your parents and don’t fvck your neighbor’s wife.

Half of the Ten Commandments are really nothing more than a guideline for not living life like an asshole.

Last edited:
I completely understand why about half of the Ten Commandments are troublesome for non-Christians. But the other half are fairly non-religious. Don’t lie, don’t steal, don’t kill. Respect your parents and don’t fvck your neighbor’s wife.

Half of the Ten Commandment are really nothing more than a guideline for not living life like an asshole.
Yeah it’s the other half that is the problem…

Half of the Ten Commandment are really nothing more than a guideline for not living life like an asshole.

@DonJTrump

• Love
Reactions: ft254
I will be very surprised if SCOTUS upholds it. The state requiring all schools to do it blatantly fails the Lemon test. I could maybe see SCOTUS upholding it if an individual teacher chose to display the commandments in their classroom.
The Lemon test was overturned a few years back. The new standard is a historical practice test or something similar. Basically if history of the United States says it was done then it’s ok. This applies to everything except gun laws. It doesn’t matter if gun laws existed when the 2nd amendment was ratified. They are not ok now.

This doesn’t surprise me.

I stayed in Louisiana for a couple weeks with my buddy’s family in Rowley. I would say 95% of the people I talked to had no fvcking idea Iowa was a state due north of them. There happens to be a town called Iowa in Louisiana but it’s pronounced Ioway and they kept thinking that was where I was from. When I told them no, I’m from the state of Iowa, I got a lot of confused looks.
It felt like I had travelled back in time 50 years.

Some of his family’s friends were shroom hunters and they let us tag along. That is an experience I will never forget. Tripped my balls off in a trailer park on some weird shroom koolaide concoction. Brought a lot of free shrooms back to Iowa with me though, so that was cool.

CSB

best-from-the-past-michelle-pfeiffer-for-ladyhawke-promord-1985_2.jpg

• Love
Reactions: dgordo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT