ADVERTISEMENT

Sharia Law Update: Louisiana Requires 10 Commandment In Schools - NOW with POLL

What will SCOTUS Do?

• Strike down this law and somewhat weaken separation of church and state.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The left does detest religion, you can deny it all you want but you can't deny the facts. The left wants to exercise their right to not believe, but they have no tolerance for believers who want to practice religion. That's the left's definition of freedom of religion.
Yep, you always see the left putting up billboards and passing laws about atheism in classrooms and preaching on street corners. That's exactly what happens.

We can all agree that some of the commandments talk about
crimes people commit: You shall not kill. You shall not steal.
You shall not lie under oath. Some commandments talk about
respect: You shall honor your parents. You shall not cheat on
your married spouse.

Perhaps we need to encourage people to have higher moral
standards if we want our nation to be a great place to live.
Actually, parents have the first responsibility to instruct their
children on the difference between right and wrong

Bottom Line: The public schools were never intended to teach
the 10 Commandments..

Last edited:
Reactions: mattymoknows
crimes people commit: You shall not kill. You shall not steal.
You shall not lie under oath. Some commandments talk about
respect: You shall honor your parents. You shall not cheat on
your married spouse.

Perhaps we need to encourage people to have higher moral
standards if we want our nation to be a great place to live.
There are other ways to do this.

Not that I agree with it, but if you had one chance to imbue the public education system with Christianity, why would it be the Ten Commandments? This reflects a fundamental misunderstanding of the relationship between the Old and New Testaments.

crimes people commit: You shall not kill.
Why did God kill all of the firstborn children of Egyptians, then?

What about the Philistines and Edomites? Why did God's Children kill them, when he "commanded" they not kill?

God seems very very confused/conflicted in the OT...

So, you want to kill all the children.

Just like any "good Christian" would...
I'm confused, you support killing black children with abortion yet you are apposed to killing the children of terrorists?

So why does the left not support Israel's right to protect themselves? Hamas killed thousands of innocent Israel's and the tolerant left sides with the murderers.
This is why the left is worried about the MAGA takeover. Lies like this encourage violence against those you are lying about.

It's interesting that you say the left favors Islam, yet you're the ones who are trying hard to impose the Christian versions of Sharia Law and Taliban rule. We lefties reject both versions of those theocratic extremes.

That is an unreal decision. What happened to separation of church and state?
Many conservatives, including some here, argue that the common understanding of "separation" is simply wrong.

In their view, the constitution may prevent government from meddling in religion, but in no way does it bar religion from influencing or even commanding government.

Many conservatives, including some here, argue that the common understanding of "separation" is simply wrong.

In their view, the constitution may prevent government from meddling in religion, but in no way does it bar religion from influencing or even commanding government.
Merit in your point but if decency, honesty and a sense of the common good is associated with some sort of religious belief then so be it.

This is why the left is worried about the MAGA takeover. Lies like this encourage violence against those you are lying about.

It's interesting that you say the left favors Islam, yet you're the ones who are trying hard to impose the Christian versions of Sharia Law and Taliban rule. We lefties reject both versions of those theocratic extremes.
No, you worship climate change.

The Constitution states Freedom of Religion, not Freedom from religion.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Why did God kill all of the firstborn children of Egyptians, then?

What about the Philistines and Edomites? Why did God's Children kill them, when he "commanded" they not kill?

God seems very very confused/conflicted in the OT...
People weren’t to kill unless it was war

People weren’t to kill unless it was war

Where's that caveat in the 10 Commandments? Was that on the 3rd tablet?

mel-brooks-moses.gif

Reactions: IACub
I'd prefer a Secular Humanist equivalent. Less amusing but probably more instructive.

Is there such a thing? Maybe the Declaration of Human Rights or something along those lines?
I'd argue The Satanic Temple is just what you're looking for..

About us: The Mission Of The Satanic Temple Is To Encourage Benevolence And Empathy, Reject Tyrannical Authority, Advocate Practical Common Sense, Oppose Injustice, And Undertake Noble Pursuits.

Their 7 tenets:
The_SEVEN_FUNDAMENTAL_TENETS_I_One_should_strive_to_act_with_compassion_and_empathy_toward_all_creatures_in_accordance_with_reason._II_The_struggle_for_justice_is_an_ongoing_and_neces_17c76a13-8f0b-4d0a-883f-9f950138519b.png

I'll never understand why the left detests Christianity so much but falls all over themselves to support and lobby for a religion so much more restrictive and in many cases evil. Ask you local Jew if they appreciate the left's fervent support of Islam.
I'm an equal hater of all religion if it makes you feel better, but I do believe in a person's right to believe whatever they want.

However, in all my years on this planet no Jew, Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, etc. has ever come to my door and bothered me. On second thought, may be a do hate Christianity 0.47% more than the others.

Reactions: This_Hawk_Abides
I'd argue The Satanic Temple is just what you're looking for..

About us: The Mission Of The Satanic Temple Is To Encourage Benevolence And Empathy, Reject Tyrannical Authority, Advocate Practical Common Sense, Oppose Injustice, And Undertake Noble Pursuits.

Their 7 tenets:
The_SEVEN_FUNDAMENTAL_TENETS_I_One_should_strive_to_act_with_compassion_and_empathy_toward_all_creatures_in_accordance_with_reason._II_The_struggle_for_justice_is_an_ongoing_and_neces_17c76a13-8f0b-4d0a-883f-9f950138519b.png

hail-satan-macegaleon.gif

You're a moron. Read the Establishment Clause.
You are correct. In this case it works be Judaic and Christian religion. Again, I think our founders would have changed the language to be inclusive of religions worshipping a form of Christianity. They had no idea what was coming

• Haha
Reactions: globalhawk
You are correct. In this case it works be Judaic and Christian religion. Again, I think our founders would have changed the language to be inclusive of religions worshipping a form of Christianity. They had no idea what was coming

Being that many of them were well aware of what happened during the Spanish Inquisition, they knew "exactly" what ANY religion was capable of....

Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
Saw a clip of the Louisiana governor signing this statutory abomination and then stupidly crowing on how Moses’ laws were the basis for all of our national laws. So I know he obviously has never read the Bible.

I’m guessing he got voted in there because he’s got the appearance of a younger Jerry Lee Lewis, but he’s obviously a far dumber person than the actual Killer himself (RIP).

Being that many of them were well aware of what happened during the Spanish Inquisition, they knew "exactly" what ANY religion was capable of....
Yes, and Americans colonies came about because Christians of different ilks were persecuted for worshipping Christ, differently than the Church of England or Catholic Church allowed.

Saw a clip of the Louisiana governor signing this statutory abomination and then stupidly crowing on how Moses’ laws were the basis for all of our national laws. So I know he obviously has never read the Bible.

I’m guessing he got voted in there because he’s got the appearance of a younger Jerry Lee Lewis, but he’s obviously a far dumber person than the actual Killer himself (RIP).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT