ADVERTISEMENT

Sheryl Swoopes with some more incredible takes

Honestly, I'm starting to think she's not really THAT ignorant, which means that she's purposefully putting this crap out there to stir the pot. All the worse, unfortunately, but thats what it looks like.....
Makes sense.

Just another clown spouting off trying to get his 15 minutes. I mean WHO is this ass hat?
He works for CBS Sports.

I don't tune into sports programs unless I have to because I want to watch a particular game. ESPN used to be a good channel to watch. Now it's become a joke with all of these individuals with their crazy ass opinions.

He works for CBS Sports.

I don't tune into sports programs unless I have to because I want to watch a particular game. ESPN used to be a good channel to watch. Now it's become a joke with all of these individuals with their crazy ass opinions.
Sure, and I knew I could google him or whatever if I really wanted to know. My point is he's just another talking head ass on the tube trying to get a few minutes of "look at my take"......Pretty much everybody knows who Swoopes WAS. Why anybody has an interest in her opinion now is beyond me......

Sure, and I knew I could google him or whatever if I really wanted to know. My point is he's just another talking head ass on the tube trying to get a few minutes of "look at my take"......Pretty much everybody knows who Swoopes WAS. Why anybody has an interest in her opinion now is beyond me......

why does he still have a job with all of his racist comments?

As noted above, Chris Williamson pulls the race card for anyone criticizing Swoopes' takes.

He calls Caitlin "your great white hope."

Here are the 2 main pictures on Chis Williamson's Twitter account (as you can see, he's an employee of CBS):

Ml7tn_La_400x400.jpg

1500x500
Who the hell is Chris Williamson?

Who the hell is Chris Williamson?
As near as I can tell, he's a freelancer. He puts out photos of himself with CBS studio background, but he's not employed there - he was a quest. Probably just a accident he chose those profile photos. But he does have an X account, I know that.

The reason women's basketball is the current hot-bed for negative racial politics is based on a lie. The lie is that these women were ignored because of their race and not because of the obvious reason - nobody gave a sh*t about women's basketball, particularly the WNBA. That's it.

Also, if it were a race thing, why did so many great white players, that preceeded Caitlin, not move the needle. You'd think the Great White Hope Society, if it existed, would have invested in Diana Taursi, Sue Bird, Rebecca Lobo, Kelsey Plum, and Breanna Stewart. But no such thing happened - they were largely ignored just like the black players.

So Caitlin's appears. She cuts to the front of the line without permission from the Mean Girl clique. And, she does not apologize for being being a white girl from West Des Moines. [See Paige Beuckers]

I'm trying to explain this to myself because it bothers me. But, I think this sums up the pettiness of where we are at with these fools.

No kidding? That is so weak, but ultimately not surprising.
Definitely weak. She apologized and said she should have listened to the whole clip herself instead of relying on one of her production crew to get her accurate information. So she threw an employee under the bus instead of sticking by her guns when she was right….as we all know being right is not as important as falling in line.

Swoopes comments were so dumb even Elle Duncan called her out, and Elle normally protects the old guard WNBA like it's her job.
Saw that. She's been a little critical of the "Caitlin Clark effect", but she's not going full tilt like Swoopes.

Last edited:
The reason women's basketball is the current hot-bed for negative racial politics is based on a lie. The lie is that these women were ignored because of their race and not because of the obvious reason - nobody gave a sh*t about women's basketball, particularly the WNBA. That's it.

Also, if it were a race thing, why did so many great white players, that preceeded Caitlin, not move the needle. You'd think the Great White Hope Society, if it existed, would have invested in Diana Taursi, Sue Bird, Rebecca Lobo, Kelsey Plum, and Breanna Stewart. But no such thing happened - they were largely ignored just like the black players.

So Caitlin's appears. She cuts to the front of the line without permission from the Mean Girl clique. And, she does not apologize for being being a white girl from West Des Moines. [See Paige Beuckers]

I'm trying to explain this to myself because it bothers me. But, I think this sums up the pettiness of where we are at with these fools.
I'm sorry you just don't understand.

You see, these women had DESERVED all this attention for decades now. That the league is now drawing so much interest is ONLY because they had diligently built it for years, nevermind the annual eight figure deficits.

/sarcasm

Dang that "deserved" drivel is so stupid and irritating.

I'm sorry you just don't understand.

You see, these women had DESERVED all this attention for decades now. That the league is now drawing so much interest is ONLY because they had diligently built it for years, nevermind the annual eight figure deficits.

/sarcasm

Dang that "deserved" drivel is so stupid and irritating.

You'r right. It easy to keep a profitable business going. However, keeping a business that loses millions each year afloat for 25 years is an extraordinary accomplishment that I overlooked.

She’s such a joke. Even if you detest someone like she does Caitlin, how can you be that unaware that you’re going to come off like a jealous old b**** for not even mentioning her on your podcast?! Just when you think she can’t go any lower Sheryl says, “Hold my beer.”

I believe it’s only partially racist, since she does give love to Lexie Hull and she has given love to Katylou Samuelson. I think the biggest problem is she knows Clark is better than she was and she sees a white girl passing her up over time as one of the greats. She can give all kinds of love to players she knows will never threaten her place near the top of the all time greats (like Angel Reese), but she knows Caitlin is better than she was and she doesn’t like that.

I believe it’s only partially racist, since she does give love to Lexie Hull and she has given love to Katylou Samuelson. I think the biggest problem is she knows Clark is better than she was and she sees a white girl passing her up over time as one of the greats. She can give all kinds of love to players she knows will never threaten her place near the top of the all time greats (like Angel Reese), but she knows Caitlin is better than she was and she doesn’t like that.
I think it's more petty than that.

She took heat on social media for her initial Clark remarks...even though CC didn't say a word she blames CC.

She's a shallow, petty person.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-media-max-width="560"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ok, I think it&#39;s about time we talk about the grace that us fans have given Sheryl Swoopes over the years, and how that grace period is expiring. Swoopes is a WNBA legend, off the court she&#39;s an abuser, a liar &amp; a pot stirrer. WNBA Gatekeepers won&#39;t tell you about Loyola in 2008 <a href="https://t.co/kheITIuSNx">pic.twitter.com/kheITIuSNx</a></p>&mdash; Mily (@DayDreamThis) <a href="">July 31, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Maybe we should show a little bit of compassion towards Swoopes. It's quite possible she is suffering in the dark period of "When the Cheering Stops" .....

NAAAAAAH
Lol. Actually I think she's suffering in the dark period of "The Cheering Never Started" since nobody was paying attention to the WNBA when she played. Now this skinny white girl from Iowa comes along and is a national sensation setting attendance and viewership records, making more from one endorsement than Swoopes will earn in her lifetime, and who will likely end up being a better player than she ever was... the jealousy and bitterness is real.

Lol. Actually I think she's suffering in the dark period of "The Cheering Never Started" since nobody was paying attention to the WNBA when she played. Now this skinny white girl from Iowa comes along and is a national sensation setting attendance and viewership records, making more from one endorsement than Swoopes will earn in her lifetime, and who will likely end up being a better player than she ever was... the jealousy and bitterness is real.
I love it.

A new syndrome totally unique to the W, lol.

Reactions: amahawk
Over time??

Caitlin’s left her fat ass in the dust from day 1 in the WNBA.

I think that was pretty intentional on her part to give herself some cover.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT