ADVERTISEMENT

Sheryl Swoopes with some more incredible takes

Eventually you have to quit making excuses for someone. People kind of cover for Swoopes because she is a legend and I'm sure has endured some racism in her life.

But being a legend and someone who been wronged doesn't mean you aren't just an idiot with stupid takes.

I hope the report is true. Swoopes has been removed from todays broadcast. I guess the Wings had seen enough from her backing the flagrant foul, negativity towards CC and just too much controversy to be involved. Interesting to see if it was the W Brass or the Wings who made the call

Could have been Bally Sports, too

This is from the Dallas Wings in April, when they hired her. No mention of why Loyola FIRED her, however.

Arlington, TX (April 12, 2024) – The Dallas Wings have added Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame inductees Sheryl Swoopes and Nancy Lieberman to their 2024 broadcast team. Swoopes and Lieberman will serve as analysts on Bally Sports Southwest, the Wings’ local broadcast partner. In addition to Swoopes and Lieberman, veteran play-by-play voice Ron Thulin, NCAA and WNBA champion Fran Harris and experienced sideline reporter ShaVonne Herndon all return to call Dallas Wings games in 2024.

Three-time Olympic gold medal winner and three-time WNBA MVP, Swoopes was the first player to be signed in the WNBA. The Texas native won four WNBA titles with the Houston Comets and was inducted into the Naismith Hall of Fame in 2016, and the Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame in 2017. Swoopes is the first women’s basketball player to have a Nike shoe named after her: the “Air Swoopes”. She is one of just eleven women’s basketball players to have won an Olympic gold medal, an NCAA Championship, a Fiba World Cup gold, and a WNBA title.

Following her 12-year WNBA career, Swoopes turned to coaching, with stops at Mercer Island High School in Washington, Loyola University in Chicago and Texas Tech University, her alma mater. She also served as the analyst for the Lady Raiders’ broadcasts, and has been part of the broadcasting team for Athletes Unlimited since its inaugural season.

Reactions: flaiawis
I hope the report is true. Swoopes has been removed from todays broadcast. I guess the Wings had seen enough from her backing the flagrant foul, negativity towards CC and just too much controversy to be involved.
Interesting to see if it was the W Brass or the Wings who made the call
This is seriously a case where the broadcaster should be fired. If your hatred for a player (who you don’t even know) is so bad that you can’t do your job, you should be let go. Can you imagine a professional like Bob Costas getting removed from an Olympic broadcast because he personally hates one of the athletes for no reason? Swoopes’ job requires her to be impartial and she obviously can’t do it, so she needs to be fired.

This is seriously a case where the broadcaster should be fired. If your hatred for a player (who you don’t even know) is so bad that you can’t do your job, you should be let go. Can you imagine a professional like Bob Costas getting removed from an Olympic broadcast because he personally hates one of the athletes for no reason? Swoopes’ job requires her to be impartial and she obviously can’t do it, so she needs to be fired.

Excited Celebration GIF by Slanted Studios

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT