ADVERTISEMENT

Sheryl Swoopes

That's pretty bad. Worse since if she truly cared about the record she would have checked out the number of games each player played to get their career totals and noticed that CC has actually played far less games than all the players at the top of the list.

Both Gil & Sheryl have no idea what they are talking about in regards to Caitlin. Their argument is based on the premise that Caitlin has had an extra year and thus more games played. The facts are she is going to break the record in several less games than Plum and within this four year window parameter argument. You would think for people who get paid for their opinion would know what they are talking about.

Both Gil & Sheryl have no idea what they are talking about in regards to Caitlin. Their argument is based on the premise that Caitlin has had an extra year and thus more games played. The facts are she is going to break the record in several less games than Plum and within this four year window parameter argument. You would think for people who get paid for their opinion would know what they are talking about.

Yes….that’s ridiculous!

If you're gonna speak on a topic, at least educate yourself FIRST and make sure you have your facts straight.

Someone correct me if I am wrong on the specifics but I believe Dyaisha Fair (now at Syracuse) and Ashley Joens are the only 2 on this list who benefited from an additional covid year (and padded their stats as a result).

And look at games played. My goodness.

Here is the Current NCAA Scoring List:

PLAYERTEAMLAST SEASONGAMES PLAYEDPOINTS
Kelsey PlumWashington20171393,527
Caitlin ClarkIOWA2024 ???1233,462
Kelsey MitchellOhio State20181393,402
Jackie StilesMissouri State20011293,393
Brittney GrinerBaylor20131483,283
Dyaisha FairSyracuse20241423,129
Patricia HoskinsMississippi Valley State19891103,122
Lorri BaumanDrake19841203,115
Jerica ColeyFIU20141313,107
Rachel BanhamMinnesota20161443,093
Ashley JoensIowa State20231583,060

She’s getting killed on her own page.

So has she admitted much of what she said about Clark on the stats was wrong. Honestly if you remove the shots, and her talking about the Covid year, I didn't see the age 25 thing, but most of it was reasonable. The WNBA will be a step up no doubt. She is also doing things no one else has done in the women's game and has already faced more junk defenses designed to stop her than anyone else.

It is solely because Caitlin is white whether anyone wants to admit it or not.

She and Jokic must drive ESPN nuts.

That’s not the world we live in. Feelings matter way more than facts do to FAR too many people. Toss information out and let it go—doesn’t matter if any of it is accurate.

Absolutely incredible. And yet not I guess givin the stooges that have their own media access now. I mean there are FOUR people on there who supposedly know the game and not ONE of them has the slightest clue what their talking about. This is just like the "people of color" jumping on the whole "Clark vs Reese" deal who had ZERO idea what actually happened at yet jumped right in to defend Reese. Maybe Iowa should put out an announcement on social media that this is Clarks 4th season AND she'll break the recordS in less games then Plum, and probably Woodards as well. Not that these clowns would enlighten themselves......

Absolutely incredible. And yet not I guess givin the stooges that have their own media access now. I mean there are FOUR people on there who supposedly know the game and not ONE of them has the slightest clue what their talking about. This is just like the "people of color" jumping on the whole "Clark vs Reese" deal who had ZERO idea what actually happened at yet jumped right in to defend Reese. Maybe Iowa should put out an announcement on social media that this is Clarks 4th season AND she'll break the recordS in less games then Plum, and probably Woodards as well. Not that these clowns would enlighten themselves......
*fewer games than

She’s getting killed on her own page.

She deserves to get killed for her ignorance but I fear this is going to turn into a race thing shortly....

That was Dawn Staley's tactic last season after she got outcoached by Lisa Bluder. Lisa simply stated that playing against South Carolina would be like going into a bar fight. Dawn replied postgame that "we are not bar fighters, we are not monkeys, we are not thugs..."

Yeah, the more I think about this I’m just shocked. I’ve always kind of liked Sheryl Swoopes but this is kind of a big deal. She honestly should have to apologize for being this misinformed. I mean mistakes are mistakes, and it wouldn’t have even been a big deal if she wasn’t clearly calling out the validity of her passing the record.

In what looks to me like, 10 less games?

There are some out there who have a big old hard on for this girl.

The NCAA rule is a team may have 30 games (29 regular season and 1 conference tournament game). Any extra games from a conference tournament or post season do not count towards the limit. 0nce every four years a team may treat a three day tournament as one game giving the team 2 additional games (we did this year but only added one additional game).

Applying that rule Iowa WBB lost 6 games CC's freshman year and 2 her sophomore year (team had covid and the Cancun 2 game tournament and Drake game was cancelled but we picked up a game with Evansville). CC averaged 26.6 point, 7.1 assists and 5.9 rebounds her freshman year and 27, 8 and 8 her sophomore year. Those 8 games roughly cost her 214 points, 59 assists and 51 rebounds. She'd be at 3676 today and passed Plum/Woodard.

The lost games will likely cost her 4000pts/1000 assists/1000 rebounds (she'll get the 1000 assists).

So the Covid year is not adding to her total (assuming this is her last year) it is costing her some stats.

Last edited:
Yeah, the more I think about this I’m just shocked. I’ve always kind of liked Sheryl Swoopes but this is kind of a big deal. She honestly should have to apologize for being this misinformed. I mean mistakes are mistakes, and it wouldn’t have even been a big deal if she wasn’t clearly calling out the validity of her passing the record. In what looks to me like, 10 less games? There are some out there who have a big old hard on for this girl.

Caitlin will set the NCAA scoring record in 13 or 14 fewer games

Plum, 139 GP, 3527 points
Clark, 123 GP, 3462 points

It is solely because Caitlin is white whether anyone wants to admit it or not.

She and Jokic must drive ESPN nuts.

No one wants to talk about it, but it's true.

forget the black comedian but his comment was to the effect that there's two places where black folks call the shots, prison and a BBALL court. Anyone who won a few games on the "NBA Court" at the Field House in the 90's know that black guys would be almost humiliated when a team with a few white guys won.

It’d be pretty cool for CC to come back another year for all the haters.

This is a weird deal in the women’s game.

I have total mixed feelings….id love to see her have another year. With that said, when you talk about making records unbreakable, thats what she would do.

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT