ADVERTISEMENT

Sheryl Swoopes apologizes to Caitlin

Does your wife apologize much?
preview.jpg

Well let’s be honest….we don’t move on. I fully anticipate us talking about Brian Ferentz forever 🤷‍♂️

I mean this board is a hot plate for negative takes and regurgitating the boards company line….

You know, all our coaches suck…
Only when they lose........ ;)

And she should get some anger management counseling. (Well then tell her that.....)

And I am in the 30-70 year old age range. (I know...)

And, I did not take this discussion to social media. (Yes, Hawkeye Report GIA is not social media. I'm gonna call on you for future reference when this argument inevitably comes up again, so that you can testify on my behalf that GIA isn't social media....................:))

No cookie or trophy necessary. (Well good, because we were out anyway.)

That’s about it.
Is it?

Yeah if she only apologized for the one comment, then It's no good. A start, but incomplete. The fact that she waited this long, and only after lots of outrage and the "Don't be a Sheryl" shirt, tells me that she only backtracked because she had to. However, all that matters is that Caitlin is okay with it after their conversation. If she's good with it, then my opinion is even more irrelevant than usual... 😂
Lol. I'd imagine that CC is as "okay with it" as she was with that face stalking shit that Reese pulled on her at the end of the Finals game. What we've learned about Clark in the last year is that as cool as she is in the big moment of games, she's just as cool and savvy in a media relations way. At every turn and challenge she's taking the high road and come out on top. True to her upbringing she's made "turn the other cheek" into an art form. Still deep down she's as much a type A as anyone who's ever played. I think the haters fuel her, much like MJ....

Can you be more specific? What evidence of racism are you seeing?
Clark = White and a homegrown Iowan. Most of the users on here and in the State of Iowa are white. Most of the blow back is from black folks, not in Iowa. I don't think this is tough to understand. Everything critical a black person might say will be viewed through a racial lens and every assessment will be 1000X amplified even if the comment was stupid or benign.

Clark = White and a homegrown Iowan. Most of the users on here and in the State of Iowa are white. Most of the blow back is from black folks, not in Iowa. I don't think this is tough to understand. Everything critical a black person might say will be viewed through a racial lens and every assessment will be 1000X amplified even if the comment was stupid or benign.
Lol what

How about people just dont say stupid shit

People say stupid shit all the time. That's what makes this forum interesting. It doesn't negate racism and jealousy.

This is the most important word…

People, not me incidentally, love to use “racism” when in reality words like Pride, jealousy, hatred, fear, work just as well….

There isn’t a person in the world that doesn’t deal with some sort of prejudices (racism being a form) so I get a pretty big chuckle out of people carelessly banding about “racism”….

They got backlash because their black and she got it because she’s too white. And it all comes back to petty jealousy & Pride… it’s life 🤷‍♂️

And by the way, I’m not saying it’s OK but there’s a big reason why pride, jealousy, idolatry, etc. etc. is talked about so prevalently in the Bible…

It’s bad stuff…

And it honestly gets watered down by “this” society’s need to interject race everywhere…

Let me tell you something, if you’re a shitty human being or even if you just occasionally do shitty things (we ALL do) your guilty, period!

Being racist is meaningless. It’s just a part of what makes you a peace of shit….

I think we honestly have people in the world, who think a genocidal maniac killing off his own countryman somehow is better than not hiring someone based on skin color or gender.

Sure the latter is shitty and if you believe in God and wrong being wrong, then we can both agree it’s wrong. But societally one is grossly worse than the other…

You obviously don't follow postings on Off Topic, or you would know my position on lies and misinformation on sewer networks such as Fox and the blossoming alternatives.

Is there a network out there not spreading lies and agenda?!

The answer of course being no…if you espouse any network over another and preach about them consistently, I immediately put you in the camp of people who can’t think for themselves.

Life isn't way worse now, it’s the media that wants you to believe that. They want to scare you into believing the government “big brother” is the only thing that can save you.

They all do that….wed be much better off with much smaller government and way less media exposure.

Well said. Clark has been unbelievable how she’s handled this entire process from the end of last year to now. What grace under pressure. While I’d agree there’s been a lot of venom thrown her way she’s also gotten a ton of kudos from the likes of LeBron and Shaq which is pretty great company, 2 of the greatest to ever play the game. Rise above people and quit being so outraged over it all. Swoopes was off base, way off base and certainly made her look out of touch. Credit to Angel if she actually had her reach out to Caitlin.
Caitlan is the one inn control of this situation. Sometimes it is better to say nothing at all, which she has done. Well played, #22.

Yeah, the pushback seems to be clustered and while not what I would call overt you have to think it’s not a coincidence.

Ya know, if it were critically correct the backlash would be more subdued. Besides, Mulkey used the same numbers and argument a week before Swoopes repeated it. Not racial but misinformed or too lazy to be prepared for topics I’d bet she was aware were going to be discussed.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I can't pretend to have walked in your shoes but I think it is simple as don't be a dick/bitch, and if you throw shade at a beloved mega star in today's world of social media, you better be accurate.

Caitlan is the one inn control of this situation. Sometimes it is better to say nothing at all, which she has done. Well played, #22.
She is either wise beyond her years or she has received unbelievable PR management advice from her agent, parents, or whoever. Really a masterclass on how to diffuse situations and raise the tide for all ships.

I will say I am impressed with Reese's growth. I despised her antics in the title game, but she really seems to have matured, and I must give credit and props when they are due.
Her manager has done a good job making her realize there is more money to be made not being a "bitch". Kudos to Ms. Reese for listening.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT