ADVERTISEMENT

Sheryl Swoopes

Stoops is obviously an idiot, but to those of you crying racism, just stop. Stop making everything about race. ❄️
So, just for clarity, (after seeing that video, AND all the people of color who have a voice like Jabbar and their totally misinformed rush to take Reese's side last year) just WHO exactly has made this about race?

Stoops is obviously an idiot, but to those of you crying racism, just stop. Stop making everything about race. ❄️
stoops.gif

Sherril Swopes work full time for The Donald J. Trump Re-election Committee?
The statement /diatribe of hers is full of bullshitt and misinformation!
I believe in fact Caitlin has played 6-8 LESS games than almost anyone on the Top 10 scoring list… and she has like 85 points to go to become #1 on the list.

Is there a “spellcheck” for talking heads?

That and jealousy. She's the face of college basketball. Some will not tolerate that.
Right. I agree. Let’s be honest: LeBron James has received a lot of ridiculous and unfair scrutiny throughout his career because he has a legitimate stake to being the GOAT. I don’t think any of that is because of race.

So, yes, I do agree Caitlin Clark is getting negative attention because of people’s natural inclination to want to knock successful people off their pedestal. Women are the worst at it. I also think resentment is a tad greater because of all the talk of race Dawn Staley and Angel Reese drummed up.

Regardless of skin color, the human race is still full of unsophisticated, mindless mammals. This thread is a wonderful case in point. Goddamn, does our society have a lot of growing up to do.

Swoopes is uninformed and wrong in the video...but she was NOT being racist. Plumb is white..is she not?

Reactions: Ree4
It is solely because Caitlin is white whether anyone wants to admit it or not.

She and Jokic must drive ESPN nuts.
Unfortunately, I agree with you. It's always a narrative to be considered. It shouldn't be, either way, but it always is.

Reactions: Bishop-71
That’s not the world we live in. Feelings matter way more than facts do to FAR too many people. Toss information out and let it go—doesn’t matter if any of it is accurate.
This! 100%. Are we, as a university fanbase, not still dealing with other fanbases calling our school racist...for something that was was proven in court to not be factual some 1.5 to 2 years later? Somehow, that last part doesn't stop people from still thinking it. Nobody follows up and they stay uninformed. People today bitch far too often but never seem to know what's going on. It's difficult at times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT